Author Topic: Who rode Today  (Read 1178290 times)

Red Raider Kaleb

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Who rode Today
« Reply #9570 on: Jun 09, 2017, 10:10:06 am »
Rode into work this morning, little cool at 55 deg but should warm to mid 80's for the ride home.  30 miles each way.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

FSTTOYS

• Road Star
    « Reply #9571 on: Jun 09, 2017, 10:34:02 am »
    To work this am 80 degrees going in 106 degrees it will be for ride home in full face and riding jacket

SLK

• Global Moderator
    • Raider
    « Reply #9572 on: Jun 09, 2017, 10:49:08 pm »
    To work this am 80 degrees going in 106 degrees it will be for ride home in full face and riding jacket
    We had a high of 94 here today and I was ready to take the bike to the shop because my AC quit working.
    SLK   I ride a Yamaha because I prefer to ride the best

• Advertisement

SLK

• Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #9573 on: Jun 10, 2017, 04:55:03 pm »
      Not yet but the wife and I are planning an late afternoon noon ride to a popular Alaskan tourist shop that serves great Alaskan icrecream.
      SLK   I ride a Yamaha because I prefer to ride the best

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #9574 on: Jun 10, 2017, 05:37:15 pm »
      I worked on rearranging the garage all day and building a backstop/sidestops on my bench, thought I'd ride this evening but now I'm too tired.

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #9575 on: Jun 10, 2017, 05:44:14 pm »
      Made about a 100 loop around where i live miss 80°'s
      Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
      Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #9576 on: Jun 11, 2017, 03:07:18 pm »
       took the wife for breakfast this morning, 110 miles round trip
      Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
      Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #9577 on: Jun 11, 2017, 06:15:29 pm »
      Yesterday was nothing but front and backyard and pool maintenance all day, so today we managed to get out to pick up some new LED headlights for the Raider and Stryker and then ride over to a furniture store I've been wanting to check out and then lunch at one of our favorite Mexican places. It was down to 99° and we had a nice breeze, so not terribly hot.  Not a lot of riding, but it was still nice.

GaGator

• Roadliner
      « Reply #9578 on: Jun 11, 2017, 09:04:46 pm »
      Just a little ride from Murdo, SD to the Badlands, then to Mt Rushmore, got on a helicopter to take pictures of Crazy Horse. Met up with Kevin Buck and gang for dinner at Louies in Lead, SD. Rode some with RK & Flipper as well.

Clayton

• Mmm...🍺 Beer
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #9579 on: Jun 11, 2017, 09:50:28 pm »
      Rode to Pizza Hut for pizza, chick 🐥 wings and beer 🍻 yummy 😋

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #9580 on: Jun 12, 2017, 10:06:47 am »
      Just a little ride from Murdo, SD to the Badlands, then to Mt Rushmore, got on a helicopter to take pictures of Crazy Horse. Met up with Kevin Buck and gang for dinner at Louies in Lead, SD. Rode some with RK & Flipper as well.

Nice!  Some day I hope to see Mt Rushmore in person.

Pastor Jay

• Road Star
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #9581 on: Jun 12, 2017, 07:41:38 pm »
      Finally a hot day in upstate NY. Went on a beautiful ride with a group of six. About 150 miles along lake Ontario. Longest ride of the year so far.
      The most important step in your life is the one you are taking right now.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #9582 on: Jun 19, 2017, 06:40:13 pm »
      It is officially so hot in the Phoenix area that it feels like the wind is ripping your skin off from the heat and you can feel your fingers burning through leather gloves from the asphalt below.

117° today is what Weather.com is reporting, but I bet it is actually hotter.   Supposed to be 118° tomorrow. My clothes are soaked from sweat.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #9583 on: Jun 26, 2017, 12:39:42 pm »
      Desiree and I decided to ride to breakfast Sunday morning (after a late night at a Goth club).  It was easily triple digits by the time we got going. We went to the Queen Creek Café 11 miles from home.  They had added motorcycle parking since the last time we were there and I was a little leery of it because it's covered in asphalt instead of cement.  By the time we left it had become hot enough that chucks of asphalt had stuck to our kickstands.  Next time I will use my kickstand plate to be safe.  After that we stopped at two stores and parked on the sidewalks and the hot asphalt was exactly the reason why I do that.

At one of the stores we came out and found a guy crouched down in between our bikes checking them out.  He told us how beautiful they were and paid extra attention to my Raider.  He said "That's not a Harley, right?" I told him it was a Yamaha and he let me know again how beautiful it was.  Then an older woman came by and told us we know how to live in style, referencing the bikes.  Then just as she leaves, three guys walk up and start going crazy over the fact that we have jackets on in the 113° heat and then noticed the bikes and commented on how nice they were. 

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #9584 on: Jun 26, 2017, 12:42:31 pm »
      We dont get nearly the temps you do there, but as soon as it's warm, I see a lot of riders without the gear. I just chuckle to myself and hope they don't go down ...