Author Topic: Who rode Today  (Read 1178277 times)

Ike42

• Raider
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Who rode Today
« Reply #9030 on: Sep 16, 2016, 11:16:05 am »
You northerners with your temps.  :rolleyes: Cracks me up. Here we'd be wearing jackets with temps in the low 50s and you guys would probably be in shorts and tank tops.  ;D

Rode yesterday. Gotta work through the post lay-down nerves. Ended up riding home in the rain yesterday after work with no fairing. That was like getting tossed in the deep end. No riding today, as it's still raining.

In other news, got the claim in to my insurance and playing phone tag with my claims adjuster. Everyone I've talked to, including Dan who have had to file a claim with Progressive have said it's a really smooth and quick process. Until I actually have to take the bike in to have stuff fixed/replaced though I'm going to keep riding it...unless it's  :raining:, that is.
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

jeb6294

• Warrior
    • Referrals: 8
    « Reply #9031 on: Sep 16, 2016, 11:58:57 am »
    Weather is really nice today...sweatshirt kind of morning and 80 this afternoon...so I took the opportunity to ride out to the new VA clinic we're doing out in Georgetown. It's a nice ~40 mile ride out and then an even nicer ~50 mile ride on twisty country roads back into the office.

Yesterday at the clinic they had just put the new blacktop down out front and when I got there this morning they were getting ready to do the side. The asphalt guys gave me a bit of the stink-eye when I pulled in. I think they were waiting to see if I was going to put a big kickstand hole in their brand new parking lot, but I knew better and parked up on the concrete walk.

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    « Reply #9032 on: Sep 18, 2016, 11:20:31 am »
    Went out to Okeechobee early this morning with 2 friends, stopped and had breakfast at the Lakeside Restaurant, which is nowhere near Lake Okeechobee, but the food was good.  Got in 110 miles and was home by 10:30 so we beat the heat.  This morning was a tad foggy/misty...made the Florida country side look really cool.
    The Star Cruiser “Dark Matter”; named in recognition of the attractive force theorized to exist as an explanation of balance in the universe.

“…if you can make beer in space, life in space will be possible… it is a shortage of beer in space that is holding back further space exploration.”  Dr Walsh 2009

• Advertisement

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #9033 on: Sep 18, 2016, 01:31:26 pm »
      Git in about 104 miles  just riding around  the country roads
      Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
      Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

fireandice51

• Road Star
      « Reply #9034 on: Sep 18, 2016, 04:49:41 pm »
      just got back from a ride with my buddy. about 900 miles on a 4 day run from Redding, Ca on Hwy 395 thru Reno, to Mono Lake to Mammoth. Slept in Bishop, CA on the second nite and back to Redding thru Yosemite Park. Rained over the 9945 ft pass and Steve froze his ass because he didn't bring Chaps! No itinerary, slept where we stopped, and (don't tell the wife) had one of the best vacations I've ever had.
           The Raider rode like a dream (was it because it's black?), and every curve had a view more spectacular than the curve before. A GREAT way to close out summer!! I wanna do it again!

joelraider

• Road Star
      « Reply #9035 on: Sep 19, 2016, 07:57:19 pm »
      Well i rode my Raider on a solo ride from Avon Park Florida to New Market Alabama this pass weekend total miles was 1430 round trip, with the Bullet cowl...
      « Last Edit: Sep 19, 2016, 07:59:57 pm by joelraider »

72mustang

• Road Star
      « Reply #9036 on: Sep 19, 2016, 08:05:18 pm »
      Well i rode my Raider on a solo ride from Avon Park Florida to New Market Alabama this pass weekend total miles was 1430 round trip, with the Bullet cowl...

And stock seat ?  I bow to your greatness.  Lol

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #9037 on: Sep 19, 2016, 09:04:54 pm »

Awesome Bro !! pic in front of the old country store is sweet !
      Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

SLK

• Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #9038 on: Sep 20, 2016, 05:03:56 am »
      I am so Alaskan that when we have temps above 65 I now ride without much gear,  helmet with visor up vents wide open, thin leather jacket with lots of vents open no chaps.  When it gets above 70 I still wear the helmet and might have a vest, above 75 only gear I wear is the helmet.  Last ride I had in temps around 85 I had the helmet, was wearing a white t-shirt, thin pale colored jeans, and my work shoes, I rode 30 miles and was drenched in sweat.  I got home and told the wife that my riding days may be coming to an end.  The next day it got back down into the low 70s and then Several days later back into the mid 60s and I was again a happy rider.

I know it's to each their own, but I have to laugh at folks like you. One day they have one all the gear and then the next, it's a warm day and suddenly safety is a thing of the past.  :lolsign:

Yeah.  I don't get that either.  I'm riding in 110° with jacket, helmet, gloves and boots sweating my ass off and he's worried about 60s.
      If I were still working I would be wearing all my gear.  But now that I am retired and the only work I do is the stuff I do for my wife and the building I am constructing on my own property.  So my riding is now done while 95% of the people are working and off the road.  The other day I took a 60 mile ride and encountered a grand total of 11 vehicles.  I felt no safety need for the gear I was wearing except to keep warm in the 38 F air.
      « Last Edit: Sep 20, 2016, 05:06:27 am by SLK »
      SLK   I ride a Yamaha because I prefer to ride the best

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #9039 on: Sep 20, 2016, 05:44:15 am »

Rode right through Avon Park last week when we went up to Sky Powersports in Lake Wales.  Came out 70 from the coast then north to Lake Wales.  Went back using 60 east.
      The Star Cruiser “Dark Matter”; named in recognition of the attractive force theorized to exist as an explanation of balance in the universe.

“…if you can make beer in space, life in space will be possible… it is a shortage of beer in space that is holding back further space exploration.”  Dr Walsh 2009

joelraider

• Road Star
      « Reply #9040 on: Sep 20, 2016, 10:01:18 pm »
      The only pain i got was my neck because i was using not a full size helmet but pretty close to it , as you know the Bullet cowl don't do much at head height and my cruising speed was around 75-80mph got lots of head on wind, i believe if the cowl would have been 2 inch closer to the handle bar it would blow the air pass the rider head!!

Professor

• Nothing but a good time!
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 44
        • Real Estate & Investment Professional
      « Reply #9041 on: Sep 21, 2016, 07:56:32 pm »
      almost every day this summer!  8)
      2014 Raider SCL #463

Previous Bikes:
      2006 Road Star Midnight Silverado
      2002 V-Star Classic

SLK

• Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #9042 on: Sep 23, 2016, 02:38:33 am »
      Overcast sky with 50% chance of rain and temp sitting at 49 F. You can bet your sweet bippy I went for a ride.
      SLK   I ride a Yamaha because I prefer to ride the best

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #9043 on: Sep 23, 2016, 12:45:36 pm »
      Overcast sky with 50% chance of rain and temp sitting at 49 F. You can bet your sweet bippy I went for a ride.

I had the same overcast sky and 50% chance of rain yesterday and still rode to my dad's house to mow his lawn. Got hit with a little bit of stingy rain for a couple of minutes and then nothing. My Raider needs cleaned, but no regrets.  Riding home at 5:30 was AWESOME.  It was so refreshing.  Then I this morning I needed to run out at 8am and it was gorgeous too. I love this weather.

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #9044 on: Sep 25, 2016, 08:46:24 am »
      I rode but not the Raider  did 96 miles on a Honda AquaTrax jet ski on the Tombigbee waterway and Tennessee River,worse case of sunburn I have every had.
      « Last Edit: Sep 25, 2016, 08:47:55 am by 69quadracer »
      Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
      Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires