Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: Who rode Today  (Read 195114 times)

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Who rode Today
« Reply #2190 on: Nov 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM »
I wanna say it was in the mid 30's this morning here. The heavy winter gloves with some liners work perfect for it. I have no heated gear 'cause I would never really need it in Texas. When the temps get down to the upper 20's I have enough winter gear to make it through: Insulated jacket with neck warmer, face mask, full-face helmet, chaps, and heavy gloves with liners. And if it gets REALLY cold I can always put on my long-johns.  ;D

Let's put it this way... I just ran up to the store and it's 80 F right now and I am loving it!

Weather's been typical for Fall here so far. Bundled up in the morning and half-lid with no jacket in the afternoons. Perfect riding weather around lunch time. Not quite 80's, but close.
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: Nov 14, 2012, 03:12:07 PM »
Let's put it this way... I just ran up to the store and it's 80 F right now and I am loving it!
:thumbs:
 :o
 :rolleyes:
 :'(

Race the rain
Ride the wind
Chase the sunset
-- only a biker understands --

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: Nov 14, 2012, 03:14:51 PM »
I wanna say it was in the mid 30's this morning here. The heavy winter gloves with some liners work perfect for it. I have no heated gear 'cause I would never really need it in Texas. When the temps get down to the upper 20's I have enough winter gear to make it through: Insulated jacket with neck warmer, face mask, full-face helmet, chaps, and heavy gloves with liners. And if it gets REALLY cold I can always put on my long-johns.  ;D

Weather's been typical for Fall here so far. Bundled up in the morning and half-lid with no jacket in the afternoons. Perfect riding weather around lunch time. Not quite 80's, but close.

It's all those layers and the bulkiness that I get tired of. The Gerbing heted gloves aren't terribly thick, so I don't feel like I'm losing response capabilities like I do when I have the big bulky gloves on.  That's why I'm seriously considering a heated jacket liner.  Then I can lose the current liner and the hoodie and not feel like the Sta-Puff Marshmallow Man when riding. I hate no feeling like I can move around.

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: Nov 14, 2012, 04:07:10 PM »

It's all those layers and the bulkiness that I get tired of. The Gerbing heted gloves aren't terribly thick, so I don't feel like I'm losing response capabilities like I do when I have the big bulky gloves on.  That's why I'm seriously considering a heated jacket liner.  Then I can lose the current liner and the hoodie and not feel like the Sta-Puff Marshmallow Man when riding. I hate no feeling like I can move around.

:rotfl:

Do you have a connector to plug in the heated gloves?
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: Nov 14, 2012, 04:14:42 PM »

Ares?   Is that you?    ;D

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: Nov 14, 2012, 04:21:03 PM »

Ares?   Is that you?    ;D

That's how I feel. I told my son once if I'm in an accident in the winter I probably wont get hurt because I'll be so heavily padded.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: Nov 14, 2012, 04:23:24 PM »

:rotfl:

Do you have a connector to plug in the heated gloves?

Yep.  I have a pig tail that I slide out from under the seat and a line that runs up my jacket and down each sleeve.  If I get the liner, then I wont need to worry about running the line through the jacket because you can attach them to the end of the liner.  The nice thing is if you need to get off your bike in a hurry, the connection just pops loose real nicely. You don't even feel a tug.

wolfraider

• 2012 ROM Winner
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: Nov 14, 2012, 05:55:48 PM »
Rode a few miles and had some fun.  ;D
To live on two wheels is to live a life in balance!

100k miles March 2008 - May 2014

Tail dragger

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: Nov 14, 2012, 07:20:45 PM »
Lows here in the teens last two days, but warmed up nicely in the 50's so had to get out for a bit.  Nice time of the year to be out, wind has a little bite to it but the sun is warm.  Life if good.

bigjohn

« Reply #2199 on: Nov 14, 2012, 08:27:49 PM »
i just stood there looking at her in the garage it's too late too dark too cold. but the south will rise again

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: Nov 14, 2012, 08:31:51 PM »
i just stood there looking at her in the garage it's too late too dark too cold. but the south will rise again

How do we know you're in the south?  You're not on our member map...   ;D

Consider adding yourself to our member map.  here's the link.
http://www.roadstarraider.com/index.php?action=googlemap

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

SLK

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: Nov 22, 2012, 03:09:08 PM »
With the temperature sitting at 7 degrees Fahrenheit the son-in-law and I went for a ride on my former Vstar 1100 with side car.   No pictures right now, but we may go again and get a picture of winter riding in Alaska.
SLK   I ride a Yamaha Star  Motorcycle or I ride nothing at all.

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: Nov 22, 2012, 03:13:34 PM »
With the temperature sitting at 7 degrees Fahrenheit the son-in-law and I went for a ride on my former Vstar 1100 with side car.   No pictures right now, but we may go again and get a picture of winter riding in Alaska.

BRRRRRRRRR... You're crazy...  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

NJ-Jeff

• DE, MD, Northern VA and South Eastern PA Riders
  • V Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: Nov 22, 2012, 03:52:07 PM »
Wow, 7 degrees.  you are a dedicated biker.
I have rode to work all week, leaving the house at 6 am.  getting home at 7 pm.  ( work 12 hour shifts).
It has been in the 30's each morning & it's been pretty tolerable. 
The ride home, is about 10 degree's warmer and makes a big difference.
Forgot to mention - no windshield on my bike either!
I enjoy the cool weather - just have to dress  for it!

Funny tho ---   dont pass as many bikers as I do in August???   wonder why!  lol

« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2012, 04:07:11 PM by NJ-Jeff »

SLK

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: Nov 22, 2012, 03:56:33 PM »

BRRRRRRRRR... You're crazy...  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Not crazy, just Alaskan ;D. Am having a hard time getting a picture to post using my IPad.
SLK   I ride a Yamaha Star  Motorcycle or I ride nothing at all.