Author Topic: Who rode Today  (Read 1178314 times)

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
Re: Who rode Today
« Reply #2235 on: Nov 26, 2012, 10:25:08 am »
Ares and the rest of you guys down south; my daughter just read this discussion about needing warm riding in your climate and she said, Dad that is just Pathetic.

Tell your daughter to come spend an entire summer here.  There is no doubt in my mind that she will change her mind about needing warm riding gear in our climate...  :o

I was thinking the same thing.  Have her come down in July or August and I'll suit her up in full leather, helmet, gloves and boots (like I wear) and let's see how pathetic she thinks I am then.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

SLK

• Global Moderator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #2236 on: Nov 27, 2012, 02:08:20 am »
    Guys, you are making the point for my daughter.  She thinks it is pathetic that in a HOT climate you would need More Heat Retaining gear to stay warm.  We would be dying from the heat, and shedding clothing. Once the temp gets over 60 we are riding in gear designed to help keep us cool.  So we could understand you needing that extra gear if you came here.  So we see your need for warm gear in your climat like it would be be for us at 40 below with 40 mph winds complaining that we are just to hot and wanting the temp to drop to 60 below and wind to blow at 50 mph, we don't we want the temp to go Down we want it to warm up a little,so we would expect you guys to want the the temps to be cooler not hotter.
    « Last Edit: Nov 27, 2012, 09:50:01 pm by SLK »
    SLK   I ride a Yamaha because I prefer to ride the best

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    « Reply #2237 on: Nov 27, 2012, 09:21:24 am »
    Nope.  I like the heat. I can thrive in the heat. Cold weather shuts me down.  And it's probably not even what you would consider cold.

I grew up in WI.  I know cold.  I never want to live in it again.

• Advertisement

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #2238 on: Nov 27, 2012, 10:24:16 am »
      Nope.  I like the heat. I can thrive in the heat. Cold weather shuts me down.  And it's probably not even what you would consider cold.

Me too!! 
      Where?
      I was born/raised (until age 12) IN Racine.

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #2239 on: Nov 27, 2012, 11:02:48 am »

Me too!! 
      Where?

Born in Milwaukee, but moved to TN before I was old enough to know anything.  Then back to Fond du Lac (south of Oshkosh) when I was 8. Then moved to AZ when I was in 7th grade.

I have fond memories of the snow as a kid, but remember a lot of things I hate about it. No desire to live in it.

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #2240 on: Nov 27, 2012, 11:06:22 am »

Me too!! 
      Where?

Born in Milwaukee, but moved to TN before I was old enough to know anything.  Then back to Fond du Lac (south of Oshkosh) when I was 8. Then moved to AZ when I was in 7th grade.

I have fond memories of the snow as a kid, but remember a lot of things I hate about it. No desire to live in it.

Snow:   Nice to play in... then I want to go home.   ;D

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Ike42

• Raider
      « Reply #2241 on: Nov 27, 2012, 04:35:50 pm »

Me too!! 
      Where?

Or, rather: nice to LOOK at...in pictures.  ;D
      Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

Tail dragger

• Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #2242 on: Nov 27, 2012, 06:13:20 pm »
      It's funny how one we see one another.  SLK apparently has to go to short sleeves and shorts if it gets over 60 and I've seen Ares X in full leathers when it's over 110.  Both get my respect as I'm not comfortable unless I'm warm when the temperature gets 60 or below which means extra clothing and when it gets over 95 I'm miserable as well.  I'm just glad I live in an area that I can ride year round with only a few exceptions that only last a week or so and don't have to put my bike up for the winter.  Guess I'm just a moderate.

SLK

• Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #2243 on: Nov 27, 2012, 09:37:29 pm »
      i gre up in northeast Iowa, i knew what it meant t be in cold weather I also knew what it meant to be in 100 plus temps with humidity in high 90s.  I moved to Oklahoma and experienced even higher temps with less humidity.  Both my daughters were born on Oklahoma and also experienced the heat.  Both to this day complain if it gets over 80.  Me, I complain if it gets over 70.  I really do respect those who can take the heat, but think like my daughter it is funny to here people complain that it is to cold when the temps are still above 80.  Just like you guys must think it is funny to here me complain that it is to hot when it gets over 70.  We keep our house between 65 and 68 year round so if you come visit I will turn up the heat and run around in shorts and sandals. ;D. By the way I hope to get in an evening ride on the 4 wheeler it got up to -15 today.
      « Last Edit: Nov 27, 2012, 09:49:03 pm by SLK »

SLK

• Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #2244 on: Nov 27, 2012, 09:56:16 pm »

Me too!! 
      Where?

desert: nice to play in during the winter months...then I want to go home.  Next month I will be down in the desser for 9 days, if all goes well I might rent a bike and take a short ride, even if it is a Harley it would be a winter ride on 2 wheels.

wolfraider

• 2012 ROM Winner
      • Raider
      « Reply #2245 on: Dec 01, 2012, 03:29:39 pm »
      Had a chance to go for a little ride, about 120 miles. It's 42 degrees and dry. Any time you can ride in December up here in Minnesota, it's a bonus, not to be wasted.
      To live on two wheels is to live a life in balance!

100k miles March 2008 - May 2014

Tail dragger

• Raider
      « Reply #2246 on: Dec 01, 2012, 04:51:01 pm »
      Did the annual Toy Run today in Pueblo.  Is the oldest continuing run west of the Mississippi (according to the newspaper) and was the 35th run today.  Had approximately 1300 bikes.  To the best of my knowledge, only 2 Raiders that I saw and a guy said he saw a green one there as well.  Biggest majority of bikes of course were Harleys, then Metric V-Twins, a few trikes, some touring bikes, dual purpose bikes, only 3 sport bikes that I saw and a couple of scooters.  Pretty good turn out for a town of 100,000.  Nice run, but just too many people that don't know how to ride in a group.  Glad it was only through town and wasn't any distance.

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
      « Reply #2247 on: Dec 01, 2012, 05:16:04 pm »
      Had a nice 80 degree day here in the bayou.  I took the wife's xs650 for a nice long ride.  Got a lot of thumbs up, stares, and great comments all around.  Definitely a "It's a Yamaha" kind of day.
      Kick Logic To The Curb!

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #2248 on: Dec 01, 2012, 09:24:39 pm »
      Went for a 270 mile round trip to get some sweet potato bread in east central Mississippi, had a 70 degree day, it was great, the bread was to!
      Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
      Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
      « Reply #2249 on: Dec 02, 2012, 07:17:55 pm »
      Took a long ride yesterday left at 930 around 500 miles. To Monroe La and back Went through vicksburg . I left in a LOAD of fog. So bad i was wet by the time i needed to get gas. After ridding out of no where . We get out of it . And theirs the sun shinein. In vicksburg The trees have a pretty color to them this time of year. Even though it was mostly enter state . It was a nice ride.  Seen another guy on a motorcycle actin like a clown and near got ran over. Comein back temp dropped the last hour or so i got pretty chilly. After all day of me playin superman against the wind. I was glad to see the house ;D  Nice day.
      Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.