Author Topic: Who rode Today  (Read 241583 times)

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 6
Re: Who rode Today
« Reply #2250 on: Dec 02, 2012, 07:43:42 PM »
Wifey and I rode out for some late Christmas shopping and a good meal at the Brick House Restaurant on I-Drive. GOSTR8R turned over 72K on our way today too :raider:!
I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

dejablu110

• SEA-ROAR MEMBER
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2251 on: Dec 02, 2012, 07:44:55 PM »
nice Ray!!
Phil and I rode together here, it was real nice!!!

A.T.

• Raider
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2252 on: Dec 02, 2012, 07:52:23 PM »
Hell yeah I rode today!  Got home yesterday after being away 6 weeks. 

Spent the morning unpacking and the afternoon riding.  Although she sat for 6  weeks, my baby cranked right up - hard and strong.  Ran all over town smiling from ear to ear....best fun with my clothes on!

SLK

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
« Reply #2253 on: Dec 03, 2012, 01:46:13 AM »
Woke up to -42 F temps this morning and with the way things have been going it was just too dad blame hot! ;D ;D ;D
SLK   I ride a Yamaha Star  Motorcycle or I ride nothing at all.

Kit Sullivan

• Warrior
« Reply #2254 on: Dec 03, 2012, 05:38:09 AM »
  I did the "toys for tots" run in Merritt Island yestetday...second time for me. The organizers do a great job, it all gors very smooth. Just a great time to meet lots of cool folks with cool bikes, and to help some unfortunate kids too! The wife rode with me this time, first time for her. She has been wary of riding with me since I'm still.a "noobie" rider to her. I've put 10k on this awesome bike without incident, so I guess she figured it was ok to go. Got a couple of rain sprinkles, but it was a lot of fun.
"If it ain't broke...fix it 'til it is!"

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
« Reply #2255 on: Dec 03, 2012, 10:36:00 AM »
I did no riding over the weekend which ended up a good thing since I would've probably been stranded.

Rode to work this morning on my wife's Stryker.  I'm not near as aggressive on her bike. Probably just because I'm not as used to it and I don't want any chance of hurting it.

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
« Reply #2256 on: Dec 03, 2012, 11:32:41 AM »
I did no riding over the weekend which ended up a good thing since I would've probably been stranded.

Rode to work this morning on my wife's Stryker.  I'm not near as aggressive on her bike. Probably just because I'm not as used to it and I don't want any chance of hurting it.

Sorry to hear about your clutch fluid leakage. Hope you get it fixed soon, bro.

Installed my LEDs Friday night and did a bit of night riding Friday and Saturday night. Love the looks I get with the lights. And if I was ever worried about what cops might think of the LEDs, any latent fears I might have had were laid to rest Friday night. I was riding down an alley downtown to take a shortcut to the cigar shop and this cop is parked in the alley.   :cop: I think he had just pulled in to go into the cigar shop before I came down the alley. His car was parked almost in the center of the alley, but from the end I could tell that there was room with a few inches to spare for the Raider to squeaze by. So I'm going down the alley with my LEDs on, heading straight towards this cop's car, sqeaze between the wall and his driver side door (he's still in the car) and pull up to the curb and park it. He gets out and walks toward me and I'm thinking, "oh great here it comes. I'm gonna get a ticket for going the wrong way down an alley, getting too close to his car, and having LEDs on." Nope. He just says, "I wasn't sure you had enough room to get through. Glad you made it."

Whew.  :whew:
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #2257 on: Dec 03, 2012, 11:47:19 AM »
Dawn and Phil, wifey and I missed the Toy Run for the first time in over a decade :-[. Had too many honey doos >:(! It will be great to get together in Maggie Valley tho. Sorry i missed you too Kit! I dang sure wanted to be there >:(!
I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

wolfraider

• 2012 ROM Winner
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2258 on: Dec 03, 2012, 05:26:19 PM »
We had a 55 degree day today, and after the rain stopped and the sun came out, I had to get on my bike once more (could be the last time for this year).

December in Minnesota (awesome so far)!
I had to take a few pics of my bike at as the sun was going down.

To live on two wheels is to live a life in balance!

100k miles March 2008 - May 2014

Scoob

• 2012 ROM Winner
  • Raider
« Reply #2259 on: Dec 03, 2012, 06:33:29 PM »
Looks like you had a awesome ride Wolfraider unfortunately I was to busy to get a ride in today but I did get out for about an hour and a half yesterday afternoon

2015 WEST CENTRAL RAIDER RALLY
Black Hills SD Area-June 11-15, 2015
Check out the WCRR website for more information.
http://westcentralraiderrally.com

Pale_Rider

• Road Star
Who rode Today
« Reply #2260 on: Dec 03, 2012, 06:40:24 PM »
Nice looking pics there Wolf.  I like the bobber by the way.  I've been reading through your bobber project thread trying to keep up with the progress.  Very nice.

I don't get to ride much. I work every day and I've been a little under the weather lately.  I did get out for about 50 miles or so today just to ride.  It was so much sweeter than I hoped it would be. The weather was perfect and it seemed like a day meant for riding. 
If you ain't riding, you ain't living.

Rickoless

• Dallas Fort Worth
  • V Star
    • You Tube of Freedom Performance exhaust on my Raider
« Reply #2261 on: Dec 03, 2012, 07:12:04 PM »
It's by the Grace of God that I get to write this. On my way to work this morning, about 4:30 am and 63 degrees, nice ride so far. I'm heading west bound through the downtown Dallas canyon on I-30 about to head northbound on I-35. I noticed in the canyon I could smell diesel fuel but I don't see anything and I'm riding along fine. As I switch lanes to get into the I-35 lane I feel a loss of traction as I go into the curve. I let off on the throttle since I have no steering ability or traction. My main thought is to keep it upright. Fortunately, the bike slows enough by the time I make it to the side of the road, into the curve, and I brake lightly and wobble to a stop between the line and the guard rail/curb. Only inches from traffic coming around the same curve. I'm thinking if a car loses traction I'm done for. After the cars pass I pull forward past the guard rail and jump the curb to get into the dirt and grass. I spin my tires and ride a bit in the grass hoping the dirt and grass get the diesel off, it did. I head out and about 500 feet up the road a car is spun out into the guard rail, probably from the diesel. Lesson, since this could happen at anytime, DON'T PANIC, maintain control the best you can and try to keep it upright and coast to a stop or a slow speed before using the brakes. Thank you Jesus!
Eat Right, Exercise and Die Anyway.

One thing that can be said about Harleys, 95% of them are still on the road today. The other 5% made it home. (Just playing ;o))

Pale_Rider

• Road Star
Who rode Today
« Reply #2262 on: Dec 03, 2012, 07:38:22 PM »
Glad you're able to post your story Rick!  That could've been a whole lot worse. Good job keeping your head and your control. 
If you ain't riding, you ain't living.

Pudge

• 2008 Raider - Fast Black
  • Raider
Who rode Today
« Reply #2263 on: Dec 03, 2012, 08:13:28 PM »
Great riding rickoless. Glad you're ok.
jp

(sent from my Commodore 64)

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
« Reply #2264 on: Dec 03, 2012, 10:41:19 PM »
 Rickoless gladd your aight.
Road about two miles today only to take my papa bull toad to the parts place here in town. His cage was messed up. Dang its hard when you have a 240 lb person stands on the rear foot peg and stay their a few seconds because they cant lift their fat leg up high enough to get over the sissy bar.
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.