Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: Who rode Today  (Read 215984 times)

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Who rode Today
« Reply #2265 on: Dec 04, 2012, 08:57:34 AM »
Rickoless- Nice riding!  Glad you're okay.

Pudge

• 2008 Raider - Fast Black
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: Dec 04, 2012, 09:18:10 AM »
We had a 55 degree day today, and after the rain stopped and the sun came out, I had to get on my bike once more (could be the last time for this year).

December in Minnesota (awesome so far)!
I had to take a few pics of my bike at as the sun was going down.

Great pics wolfraider. One of a kind!

jp

(sent from my Commodore 64)

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: Dec 04, 2012, 02:13:25 PM »
It's by the Grace of God that I get to write this. On my way to work this morning, about 4:30 am and 63 degrees, nice ride so far. I'm heading west bound through the downtown Dallas canyon on I-30 about to head northbound on I-35. I noticed in the canyon I could smell diesel fuel but I don't see anything and I'm riding along fine. As I switch lanes to get into the I-35 lane I feel a loss of traction as I go into the curve. I let off on the throttle since I have no steering ability or traction. My main thought is to keep it upright. Fortunately, the bike slows enough by the time I make it to the side of the road, into the curve, and I brake lightly and wobble to a stop between the line and the guard rail/curb. Only inches from traffic coming around the same curve. I'm thinking if a car loses traction I'm done for. After the cars pass I pull forward past the guard rail and jump the curb to get into the dirt and grass. I spin my tires and ride a bit in the grass hoping the dirt and grass get the diesel off, it did. I head out and about 500 feet up the road a car is spun out into the guard rail, probably from the diesel. Lesson, since this could happen at anytime, DON'T PANIC, maintain control the best you can and try to keep it upright and coast to a stop or a slow speed before using the brakes. Thank you Jesus!

Praise God. Good lesson, that. Thanks for sharing. Glad you were able to keep a cool head and maintain the upright position.  :thumbs: :goodjob:

Yesterday I rode to City Hall to finish up my ticket dismissal (took DD, and paid to have it deferred). As I'm standing in line the Marshal who guards the metal detector looks outside and asks me if I'm riding a motorcycle (I guess the motorcycle key and the chain wallet gave me away  ;D ). Yep, I says. That's a really nice lookin' motorcycle, he says. Thank you, I says.

Riding in near-perfect weather today. Decided to take all the excess stuff off and run in solo mode since it's so nice and I don't need the windshield or bags (or backseat). Tonight I'm going to "forget" I need to get something at the store just so I can have an excuse to ride at night. Man, I love my LEDs!
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

SLK

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: Dec 06, 2012, 02:03:42 AM »
Still getting hotter here -25 today, so no riding.  Maybe June will be hot enough. ;D
SLK   I ride a Yamaha Star  Motorcycle or I ride nothing at all.

Tail dragger

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: Dec 06, 2012, 06:33:00 AM »
Did about 150 miles yesterday on some back roads.  Beautiful day, almost 70, light winds and sunshine.  Snow, 20's and wind by Sunday so "good" riding weather is coming to a close (very late this year).  Always good to get out and get some wind in your face.  Actually saw another Raider on the road (going the other way). 

wolfraider

• 2012 ROM Winner
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: Dec 07, 2012, 03:38:49 PM »
Yesterday we had around 45 degrees in the afternoon, so I took of and went to Dulono's Pizza in Minneapolis.
There is a bike meet every 1. Thursday of the month and I wanted to see if there are still some guys meeting there.
I was the only one! Riding season has come to an end for Minnesota.

Today we have snow falling.  :'(
To live on two wheels is to live a life in balance!

100k miles March 2008 - May 2014

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: Dec 07, 2012, 04:21:27 PM »
Today we have snow falling.  :'(

GOOD!  My Raider is down and I can't rack up any more miles to catch up.

Cool picture.  It's got a very dated feel to it with that sign and at a glance it's hard to tell how current your Raider is.

Tail dragger

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: Dec 07, 2012, 04:48:29 PM »
Got another ride in today, in the 40's but sun shining so was definitely worth getting out.  Tomorrow may be it for a few days as highs forcast to be in the low 30's, low's in the single digits and snow.  Guess that would be tropical to SLK, but think I'm going to pass on it and wait for better days (later in the week around here).

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: Dec 07, 2012, 04:52:32 PM »
Got another ride in today, in the 40's but sun shining so was definitely worth getting out.  Tomorrow may be it for a few days as highs forcast to be in the low 30's, low's in the single digits and snow.  Guess that would be tropical to SLK, but think I'm going to pass on it and wait for better days (later in the week around here).

Those lows are arctic weather to me.   I'm good with the mid 70s - 80s we've been having.

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: Dec 07, 2012, 05:28:13 PM »
Road for a good ways today . Got to test the cobra pro out today. It seems to have changed the tone of my pipes. I dont have that anoying echoing in my helmet . Worth the money for just that . Dont know about backfirein . Didnt have none today. But its in the 70s . Will know for sure on the summer hot days.
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

Scoob

• 2012 ROM Winner
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: Dec 07, 2012, 05:50:10 PM »
Started snowing at noon today-dont think I will be riding again anytime soon :(

2015 WEST CENTRAL RAIDER RALLY
Black Hills SD Area-June 11-15, 2015
Check out the WCRR website for more information.
http://westcentralraiderrally.com

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: Dec 07, 2012, 11:23:42 PM »
Road for a good ways today . Got to test the cobra pro out today. It seems to have changed the tone of my pipes. I dont have that anoying echoing in my helmet . Worth the money for just that . Dont know about backfirein . Didnt have none today. But its in the 70s . Will know for sure on the summer hot days.

Yeah, I've noticed since it started cooling off around here that I have a whole lot less popping.

SLK

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: Dec 08, 2012, 01:56:00 AM »

That would be shirt sleeve weather here right now, today we had a warming trend got up to -20. Funny thing is that the North Slope got up to +10.  I may have to go farther north if I want to ride.  Snow machining is out of the question too, all our snow compacted and there isn't enough soft snow to lubricate tracks, and riding the 4 wheeler is like being on black ice.  Oh well spring will get here in another 4 or 5 months.
SLK   I ride a Yamaha Star  Motorcycle or I ride nothing at all.

tice

• AZ Group
  • Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: Dec 08, 2012, 11:44:28 AM »
Rode over to the bike shop to have my 240 installed!!!!!!! Gonna take a little spin on it today, but so far I can feel a huge difference in just the way it rides, seems alot smoother!!!!!! :raider:

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: Dec 08, 2012, 07:00:52 PM »
Road a bit today. Bike seems like it likes haveing on the new  power pro. I like the new sound over the other too. Way better.
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.