Raider Patches

Author Topic: Who rode Today  (Read 182213 times)

SLK

• Raider
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Who rode Today
« Reply #2295 on: Dec 12, 2012, 02:53:53 AM »
Sounds like my winter weather headed south, no wonder it has been above 0 the past few days.  But worry not a recall of the cold has been placed and North Pole is suppose to return to normal winter temperatures around 50 before by the week end so you guys should be good to go riding.  Who knows It may be nice enough down south that I can get in a day of riding, does anyone in the Salt Lake area rent out Raiders or will I be stuck with Renting Harwee?
SLK   I ride a Yamaha Star  Motorcycle or I ride nothing at all.

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: Dec 12, 2012, 08:20:18 AM »
Sounds like my winter weather headed south, no wonder it has been above 0 the past few days.  But worry not a recall of the cold has been placed and North Pole is suppose to return to normal winter temperatures around 50 before by the week end so you guys should be good to go riding.  Who knows It may be nice enough down south that I can get in a day of riding, does anyone in the Salt Lake area rent out Raiders or will I be stuck with Renting Harwee?

Our cold is supposed to be leaving soon. By the end of the week we'll have temps back in the 70's here in Texas. Sounds like you're right about the "weather recall." I don't know Salt Lake, but I have never found/heard of anyone renting Raiders. It's mostly Harleys and Goldwings that I've heard of.
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: Dec 12, 2012, 09:37:24 AM »
It got cold last night.  We haven't turned on the heat yet, but added another blanket to the bed. Then I ride into work and for some reason my gloves weren't heating.  I'm guessing I blew a fuse, but haven't had time to check it out yet.  My hands were too cold to go messing with anything when I got here. I may check it out at lunch time.

We're supposed to get rain Friday and at first I wasn't worried because it was only a 30% chance, but it's now at 80% chance.  I'm not feeling optomistic.

Scoob

• 2012 ROM Winner
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: Dec 12, 2012, 01:11:40 PM »
45degs out at noon hour today so I got the Raider out and took the long way back to work with it. 8)

2015 WEST CENTRAL RAIDER RALLY
Black Hills SD Area-June 11-15, 2015
Check out the WCRR website for more information.
http://westcentralraiderrally.com

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: Dec 12, 2012, 02:47:32 PM »
45degs out at noon hour today so I got the Raider out and took the long way back to work with it. 8)

60's here. Felt good to put on the vest and get out of the jacket. Perfect riding weather with no wind, too. God bless year-'round riding.  :raider:

P.s.-I'm still not convinced that "snow" really exists.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: Dec 12, 2012, 03:13:27 PM »

60's here. Felt good to put on the vest and get out of the jacket. Perfect riding weather with no wind, too. God bless year-'round riding.  :raider:

P.s.-I'm still not convinced that "snow" really exists.

It does.  I used to live in it as a kid.  NEVER AGAIN.

I went out at lunch and bundled expecting it to be cool out and was sweating my ass off.  I will be wearing less layers on the way home.

It's supposed to be a high of 70 today.

wolfraider

• 2012 ROM Winner
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: Dec 12, 2012, 06:34:57 PM »
Good for you guys!
To live on two wheels is to live a life in balance!

100k miles March 2008 - May 2014

r.borders

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: Dec 12, 2012, 07:08:19 PM »
It was 18 on the way in to work this morning...I'm going to need some heated gloves.........

45 on the way home, though, so I took the long way  ;D

SLK

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: Dec 12, 2012, 07:19:13 PM »
Arrived in Salt lake temps in mid 40s.  Was playing outside with the grandson and had to take off my long sleeve shirt and put on a T shirt.  My one with a big V twin engine on it that looks more Yamaha than Harley.  Now to find a bike to ride.  The daughter and son-in-law have been thinking about getting a Vstar 1300.  Maybe whil I am hear I can close the deal and get them to buy, and let me break it in.
« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2012, 07:24:08 PM by SLK »
SLK   I ride a Yamaha Star  Motorcycle or I ride nothing at all.

Tail dragger

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: Dec 13, 2012, 07:40:30 AM »
Got out for a short ride yesterday, but had to pick the route due to snow and ice still being in spots.  Only stayed out about an hour and found I had to do the same route several times or risk riding on the snow pack or slush (which I prefer not to do anymore).  Was nice to get out again and feel the sun and wind as had been 3 days since I had the Raider out.  Heading back out for a ride today in hopes we got some more melt.

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: Dec 13, 2012, 09:31:44 AM »
Have not been able to get out on the road since getting my bike back but just being able to ride to and from work has been absolutely a blast...  ;D

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: Dec 13, 2012, 10:17:51 AM »
Have not been able to get out on the road since getting my bike back but just being able to ride to and from work has been absolutely a blast...  ;D

:congrats: Glad you're finally enjoying your Raider, Bill.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: Dec 13, 2012, 10:21:53 AM »

You're obviously not riding in Phoenix. 

I love riding and would rather ride to work than drive, but I can't call it a blast due to the amount of traffic and the insanity of the idiots behind the wheels.

I replaced the fuse for my heated gloves and the ride in was a lot more pleasurable than yesterday.

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: Dec 13, 2012, 10:51:54 AM »

I love riding and would rather ride to work than drive, but I can't call it a blast due to the amount of traffic and the insanity of the idiots behind the wheels.

I replaced the fuse for my heated gloves and the ride in was a lot more pleasurable than yesterday.

And so glad I am not, I don't envy your commute at all.  I hate big cities for just that reason.

What gloves do you have Dan?  I am thinking about getting me some.

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: Dec 13, 2012, 10:53:59 AM »

And so glad I am not, I don't envy your commute at all.  I hate big cities for just that reason.

What gloves do you have Dan?  I am thinking about getting me some.

Don't worry about it Bill... I'm sure you'll find they're out of stock.    :rotfl:

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D