Author Topic: Who rode Today  (Read 240878 times)

MYRDR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Who rode Today
« Reply #2310 on: Dec 13, 2012, 10:56:14 AM »
Have not been able to get out on the road since getting my bike back but just being able to ride to and from work has been absolutely a blast...  ;D

You're obviously not riding in Phoenix. 
I love riding and would rather ride to work than drive, but I can't call it a blast due to the amount of traffic and the insanity of the idiots behind the wheels.

I replaced the fuse for my heated gloves and the ride in was a lot more pleasurable than yesterday.

And so glad I am not, I don't envy your commute at all.  I hate big cities for just that reason.

What gloves do you have Dan?  I am thinking about getting me some.

Don't worry about it Bill... I'm sure you'll find they're out of stock.    :rotfl:

Ummm...Ouch...  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
« Reply #2311 on: Dec 13, 2012, 11:06:59 AM »
Have not been able to get out on the road since getting my bike back but just being able to ride to and from work has been absolutely a blast...  ;D

You're obviously not riding in Phoenix. 
I love riding and would rather ride to work than drive, but I can't call it a blast due to the amount of traffic and the insanity of the idiots behind the wheels.

I replaced the fuse for my heated gloves and the ride in was a lot more pleasurable than yesterday.

And so glad I am not, I don't envy your commute at all.  I hate big cities for just that reason.

What gloves do you have Dan?  I am thinking about getting me some.

Gerbing G3 Heated Gloves and they are awesome!

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
« Reply #2312 on: Dec 14, 2012, 09:56:33 AM »
It stormed hard all night long.  Got up and it had stopped. Planned to ride in.  I finished my work out and ate breakfast and it's raining again. Told my wife we shoudl carpool.  Showered and got ready and it stopped. Checked the satelite weather and it seemed to be moving away from my path to work, so I took a shot and rode. Glad I did. No rain.

I have found if you wear rain pants in the cold it makes a major difference.   I was actually kind of hot when I got to work.  Unfortunately one of my gloves is no longer heating and I'm not sure why.  I plan to test it this weekend and if there's an issue I'll be calling Gerbing.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
« Reply #2313 on: Dec 14, 2012, 11:07:12 AM »
I forgot to mention I put my Raider over 76,000 miles this morning.

MYRDR

• AZ Group
  • Raider
« Reply #2314 on: Dec 14, 2012, 12:21:18 PM »
Congrats on the 76K, bummer about the glove but at least Gerbing has lifetime warrenty on heating elements.

It may take me a while to catch you in the milage department, I just went over 350 miles yesterday...  :o

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2315 on: Dec 14, 2012, 02:41:25 PM »
Congrats on the 76K, bummer about the glove but at least Gerbing has lifetime warrenty on heating elements.

It may take me a while to catch you in the milage department, I just went over 350 miles yesterday...  :o

Almost halfway to broke in!  ;D
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
« Reply #2316 on: Dec 14, 2012, 02:44:26 PM »

He would have had a lot more miles on his bike but... it cost him so much to build that he can't afford the gas.   :rotfl:

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

MYRDR

• AZ Group
  • Raider
« Reply #2317 on: Dec 14, 2012, 03:12:48 PM »

He would have had a lot more miles on his bike but... it cost him so much to build that he can't afford the gas.   :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  Don't know what I am laughing at, T's not too far off the truth...  :o

thegunny

• Patriot Guard Rider, Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
  • Road Star
« Reply #2318 on: Dec 17, 2012, 11:38:46 AM »
Road into work today.  Short 2 mile commute.  I did ride this weekend with fellow forum member princeofeastla.  We started in Palm Desert, drove west for 30 miles into Box Canyon and into Joshua Tree National Park.  Stopped for chow in Yucca Valley and rode home.  Total trip was nearly 200 miles through beautiful (and cold) SoCal

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
« Reply #2319 on: Dec 17, 2012, 03:25:34 PM »
Rode to work today. That's about it. Although I did ride to my in-laws house Saturday night for their annual Christmas party. While I was there a friend's son asked me when I put the Christmas lights on my motorcycle.  ;D

Tail dragger

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2320 on: Dec 17, 2012, 08:42:19 PM »
Got out yesterday and today for about an hour and a half each day.  Had sunshine and 40's, but the wind was blowing hard today.  Made it colder than yesterday.  Getting where I'm going to have to cover my ears.  Saw one bike yesterday but none today.  Supposed to be snow headed our way again so may have to park it for a day or two.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
« Reply #2321 on: Dec 17, 2012, 09:40:58 PM »
Got out yesterday and today for about an hour and a half each day.  Had sunshine and 40's, but the wind was blowing hard today.  Made it colder than yesterday.  Getting where I'm going to have to cover my ears.  Saw one bike yesterday but none today.  Supposed to be snow headed our way again so may have to park it for a day or two.

I don't know how you do that without a helmet or something to keep your head warm.

Tail dragger

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2322 on: Dec 18, 2012, 06:17:11 AM »

I don't know how you do that without a helmet or something to keep your head warm.I've used those behind the head ear muffs and they work pretty well, but it is getting time for the full face helmet to come out (and the leathers).  I've been putting it off as the weather this year has been pretty good (especially for colorado), but it's time to dress for winter.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
« Reply #2323 on: Dec 18, 2012, 09:35:38 AM »

I don't know how you do that without a helmet or something to keep your head warm.I've used those behind the head ear muffs and they work pretty well, but it is getting time for the full face helmet to come out (and the leathers).  I've been putting it off as the weather this year has been pretty good (especially for colorado), but it's time to dress for winter.

40s is the coldest I've dealt with so far and I am bundled head to toe and you're just now starting to think about getting out the leathers.  My blood is way too thin.

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
« Reply #2324 on: Dec 18, 2012, 11:09:57 AM »

40s is the coldest I've dealt with so far and I am bundled head to toe and you're just now starting to think about getting out the leathers.  My blood is way too thin.

We're having a pretty mild winter here, so far. But I got my leathers out last month, as well as the full-face helmet. Not wearing them everyday, but we have had temps down in the upper 20's already. Thankfully today is a high of 75, and I am loving it.   O8O

Then again, me and Ares are from much warmer climates than Colorado. Temps get into the 40's here and I'm bundled up like Ralphie's little brother Randy in A Christmas Story.