Author Topic: Who rode Today  (Read 1178309 times)

SLK

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Who rode Today
« Reply #2370 on: Jan 03, 2013, 01:56:21 am »
Presently experiencing above 0 F temps but the streets and roads are a mess, so my only riding is on 4 wheels.  Oh how I wish Santa could deliver good riding conditions to North Pole this times of the year.
SLK   I ride a Yamaha because I prefer to ride the best

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Rickoless

• Dallas Fort Worth
    • V Star
      • You Tube of Freedom Performance exhaust on my Raider
    « Reply #2371 on: Jan 03, 2013, 06:13:20 am »
    Back to work. Rode to work this morning, 27 degrees when I left the house. I love it when people ask (duh) "don't you get cold?" I tell them it's only cold until you get numb. :-|
    Eat Right, Exercise and Die Anyway.

One thing that can be said about Harleys, 95% of them are still on the road today. The other 5% made it home. (Just playing ;o))

Mr. T

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 4
    « Reply #2372 on: Jan 03, 2013, 07:48:53 am »
    Back to work. Rode to work this morning, 27 degrees when I left the house. I love it when people ask (duh) "don't you get cold?" I tell them it's only cold until you get numb. :-|

:rotfl:

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

• Advertisement

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 6
      « Reply #2373 on: Jan 03, 2013, 07:58:48 am »
      Rt to work and back in some darn thick morning fog.
      I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #2374 on: Jan 03, 2013, 08:54:00 am »
      I have decided to start getting up 15 minutes earlier in the mornings to account for the increase in my workout schedule. Doing this allows me more time to get to work without the added stress of being late. It definitely makes the ride a lot more enjoyable and I'm not getting as irritated at other drivers for going slow or doing stupid actions.

Ike42

• Raider
      « Reply #2375 on: Jan 04, 2013, 08:24:05 am »
      I have decided to start getting up 15 minutes earlier in the mornings to account for the increase in my workout schedule. Doing this allows me more time to get to work without the added stress of being late. It definitely makes the ride a lot more enjoyable and I'm not getting as irritated at other drivers for going slow or doing stupid actions.

Sounds good. I end up leaving just in time or a little late to get to work. I should probably try and start earlier, too. As it is I get up at 5am, but with a morning workout, two kids, breakfast to fix and cold weather gear to put on I still end up running late in the mornings. Probably why my gas mileage has suffered, 'cause I'm torquing the throttle a lot more to get to work on time.

No riding today, though. We had snow last night.  :snowing: :crying:
      Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #2376 on: Jan 04, 2013, 08:34:31 am »

Sounds good. I end up leaving just in time or a little late to get to work. I should probably try and start earlier, too. As it is I get up at 5am, but with a morning workout, two kids, breakfast to fix and cold weather gear to put on I still end up running late in the mornings. Probably why my gas mileage has suffered, 'cause I'm torquing the throttle a lot more to get to work on time.

No riding today, though. We had snow last night.  :snowing: :crying:

I was already getting up at 4:15 am and now it's 4am.  I used to do it all the time when I would get to work at 5:30am, but I can't do that at this job.  Back then I didn't work out before work and I do now. The cold weather gear definitely adds some time, so come Spring I may pick up a little extra time.

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #2377 on: Jan 04, 2013, 08:36:58 am »
      We returned from Florida yesterday......so no more riding for me for a while.   :(

I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive at death safely.

Ike42

• Raider
      « Reply #2378 on: Jan 04, 2013, 08:45:46 am »
      We returned from Florida yesterday......so no more riding for me for a while.   :(

This picture is both beautiful and depressing. Most people look at snow and say, "Yay, snow. How pretty." I look at snow and say, "Crap. No riding today."
      Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #2379 on: Jan 04, 2013, 09:18:00 am »
      This picture is both beautiful and depressing. Most people look at snow and say, "Yay, snow. How pretty." I look at snow and say, "Crap. No riding today."

I look at snow and say 'Crap, more shoveling.'

I did start my bike last night ......... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #2380 on: Jan 04, 2013, 09:46:09 am »

I look at it and think "Thank God I no longer live in that mess."

tice

• AZ Group
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #2381 on: Jan 04, 2013, 02:09:10 pm »

Hell yes!!!!!!! Even the little bit a snow we get here depresses me!!!! Lol
      2014 SCL

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #2382 on: Jan 04, 2013, 02:18:42 pm »

Hell yes!!!!!!! Even the little bit a snow we get here depresses me!!!! Lol

You get snow where you are???  I had no idea.   It has snowed once in the Phoenix area since I moved here in 1980. They announced it on the radio and I happened to be sitting in my car and this single snowflake drifts down to the hood of my car and disintegrated. I think it was at least 20 years ago.

The funny thing is... Today a buddy at work and I went to a local Rubio's and sat outside eating our lunch and I was actually getting hot in the sun.  He even commented about how the rest of the nation is dealing with cold.

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #2383 on: Jan 04, 2013, 02:26:20 pm »
      Not to sound like a wuss but.... it's 50* hear today and raining... so it's a damp cold and I'm freezing in my office. 

But by Sunday... sunny and 62*   :ohyeah:

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #2384 on: Jan 04, 2013, 02:37:49 pm »
      Not to sound like a wuss but.... it's 50* hear today and raining... so it's a damp cold and I'm freezing in my office. 

But by Sunday... sunny and 62*   :ohyeah:

I'm right with ya.  I hate 50° weather.