Raider Patches

Author Topic: Who rode Today  (Read 183761 times)

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Who rode Today
« Reply #2385 on: Jan 04, 2013, 02:56:43 PM »
Not to sound like a wuss but.... it's 50* hear today and raining... so it's a damp cold and I'm freezing in my office. 

But by Sunday... sunny and 62*   :ohyeah:

WAY tooooo late Mrs T :rotfl:

Race the rain
Ride the wind
Chase the sunset
-- only a biker understands --

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: Jan 04, 2013, 02:59:54 PM »
Not to sound like a wuss but.... it's 50* hear today and raining... so it's a damp cold and I'm freezing in my office. 

He's in Houston.  I dare you to ride around there in the summertime.   I've never been, but everyone I have talked to tells me it's swamp weather and not at all comfortable.

tice

• AZ Group
  • Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: Jan 04, 2013, 03:06:23 PM »
This picture is both beautiful and depressing. Most people look at snow and say, "Yay, snow. How pretty." I look at snow and say, "Crap. No riding today."

I look at snow and say 'Crap, more shoveling.'

I did start my bike last night ......... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I look at it and think "Thank God I no longer live in that mess."
   Hell yes!!!!!!! Even the little bit a snow we get here depresses me!!!! Lol

You get snow where you are???  I had no idea.   It has snowed once in the Phoenix area since I moved here in 1980. They announced it on the radio and I happened to be sitting in my car and this single snowflake drifts down to the hood of my car and disintegrated. I think it was at least 20 years ago.

The funny thing is... Today a buddy at work and I went to a local Rubio's and sat outside eating our lunch and I was actually getting hot in the sun.  He even commented about how the rest of the nation is dealing with cold.
  oh yeah. Its not a lot. New years eve I woke up to a couple inches on the ground. It was gone by noon though.

Deyv

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: Jan 04, 2013, 03:08:06 PM »
This picture is both beautiful and depressing. Most people look at snow and say, "Yay, snow. How pretty." I look at snow and say, "Crap. No riding today."

You get snow where you are???  I had no idea.   It has snowed once in the Phoenix area since I moved here in 1980. They announced it on the radio and I happened to be sitting in my car and this single snowflake drifts down to the hood of my car and disintegrated. I think it was at least 20 years ago.

The funny thing is... Today a buddy at work and I went to a local Rubio's and sat outside eating our lunch and I was actually getting hot in the sun.  He even commented about how the rest of the nation is dealing with cold.

We actually get snow (in phoenix) about every 4-5 years.. They often post pictures of the saguaro cactus covered with snow.. Seems to frequently hit when the Phoenix Open Golf tourney is here...

Now the snow doesn't last long (sometimes not even to the ground...lol  but it's still snow.. :)

Deyv
Non Clementia!
Non Captivus!

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: Jan 04, 2013, 03:20:44 PM »

He's in Houston.  I dare you to ride around there in the summertime.   I've never been, but everyone I have talked to tells me it's swamp weather and not at all comfortable.

I'm in ... if he rides, I ride  ;D

Race the rain
Ride the wind
Chase the sunset
-- only a biker understands --

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: Jan 04, 2013, 03:22:18 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Yeah... com'on down when it's 98 - 103* with the humidity around 80 - 85%.    ;D

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: Jan 04, 2013, 03:57:53 PM »

We actually get snow (in phoenix) about every 4-5 years.. They often post pictures of the saguaro cactus covered with snow.. Seems to frequently hit when the Phoenix Open Golf tourney is here...

Now the snow doesn't last long (sometimes not even to the ground...lol  but it's still snow.. :)

I've never seen it.

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: Jan 04, 2013, 04:27:16 PM »
We've got our toys for the snow too, so we aren't missing out on too much fun....

I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive at death safely.

Deyv

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: Jan 04, 2013, 04:31:15 PM »

I've never seen it.

Have you ever seen an Atom?  :D

Deyv
Non Clementia!
Non Captivus!

Tail dragger

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: Jan 04, 2013, 06:45:18 PM »
I've been down sick last two weeks, but was sunny today and the temperature got up to 50 so I had to go out and ride a bit.  Lots of sand still on the roads due to the snow Christmas and New Years day so had to use extra caution.  Gosh, it sure felt good to get out again.  Probably just what I needed.

kreed020

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: Jan 05, 2013, 12:16:30 AM »
Got off a bit early today and took the Raider into town to my favorite taqueria.  Quick little ride before the rain comes this weekend.

SLK

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: Jan 05, 2013, 02:12:35 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Yeah... com'on down when it's 98 - 103* with the humidity around 80 - 85%.    ;D

I have, back in the 70s and 80s, that is why after 14 years of it, I migrated to Alaska, and each spring I anxiously wait for the temps to rise above 32 and stay there so the roads clear  up and I can ride. When the temps rise above 60 I start trying to figure out how to air condition the Raider.
SLK   I ride a Yamaha Star  Motorcycle or I ride nothing at all.

FlaRaiderSCL

• 2012 SCL #101
  • V Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: Jan 05, 2013, 03:13:15 PM »
Rode with the Wife and some friends to Thunder By The Bay in Sarasota Florida O8O.  Had a great time with live music, thousands of bikes and a lot of GREAT Florida weather!

wolfraider

• 2012 ROM Winner
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: Jan 05, 2013, 03:21:15 PM »
It was sunny and 26 degrees, so I started her up to see how she's doing, and she sprang to life in an instant.
Only took her around the block, lots of slush and ice in our neighborhood. It was fun nevertheless.
Love my ride!
To live on two wheels is to live a life in balance!

100k miles March 2008 - May 2014

Coldfinger

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: Jan 05, 2013, 05:21:05 PM »
I rode a little over 10 miles a few hours ago.  32 degrees outside.  Not bad except I had to avoid the snowmelt and slow way down a few times when going thru wet areas.  I don't want the salt spray on my bike.  Felt good.