Custom Raider

Author Topic: Who rode Today  (Read 207123 times)

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Who rode Today
« Reply #2460 on: Jan 14, 2013, 01:35:00 PM »
I rode into work this morning, 15 degrees out!!!! Kinda surprised the bike even started, not sure how old or what brand battery but it still cranks it over. Only thing cold was my forehead and hands. Gotta get me some winter gloves. I didnt want to ride today but my sister has my truck for a couple days because her car broke down.

Gerbing heated gloves rock!!!

A balaclava will really help with the cold forehead.

15 had to be painful.

Been thinking about heated gloves. Had I worn my full helmet instead of the half helmet my fore head would have been ok. I have one of those bandana type face covers that works really well.

You definitely handle the cold better than I do.
Thankfuly its a short distance, otherwise I wouldnt. Lol

I have some good winter gear, but not that good. When the temps get down in the 20's here I don't even try to ride. Too painful. I'm caging it today and possibly tomorrow morning. This is our coldest week yet with temps down in the 20's and teens at night most of the week. You guys in the colder climate places have my respect. I don't even want to go outside when it's that cold!  :yikes:
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

Fn Up

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: Jan 14, 2013, 07:45:29 PM »
I rode into work this morning, 15 degrees out!!!! Kinda surprised the bike even started, not sure how old or what brand battery but it still cranks it over. Only thing cold was my forehead and hands. Gotta get me some winter gloves. I didnt want to ride today but my sister has my truck for a couple days because her car broke down.

15 had to be painful.

Been thinking about heated gloves. Had I worn my full helmet instead of the half helmet my fore head would have been ok. I have one of those bandana type face covers that works really well.

Thankfuly its a short distance, otherwise I wouldnt. Lol

I have some good winter gear, but not that good. When the temps get down in the 20's here I don't even try to ride. Too painful. I'm caging it today and possibly tomorrow morning. This is our coldest week yet with temps down in the 20's and teens at night most of the week. You guys in the colder climate places have my respect. I don't even want to go outside when it's that cold!  :yikes:

I've been riding with a FF helmet, Gerbing heated liner/gloves and chaps. I also bought a few pair of the tight sports gear (Nike Pro Combat) the athletes wear on their legs to keep them cool or warm. I wear the under my pants like long johns. I am warmer on the bike at 70mph than I am walking across the parking lot.

My only regret is that I didn't do it a long time ago!
2011 Raider - Reddish Copper

AZ~Raider

• RAIDER RIDER FOR LIFE ;o}~
  • SEA-ROAR
  • Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: Jan 14, 2013, 10:10:27 PM »

15 had to be painful.

Cold this AM too.... LOVE MY HEATED SEAT, even if it take a few blocks to warm up. Gonna start it up early in the am and burn my but! LEATEHR ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one week and then :sunny: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SLK

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: Jan 15, 2013, 02:01:40 AM »
Got up to 36 today, but all day it was  :raining: mixed with  :snowing: turning to ice slowing traffic to less than 30 mph on the open road and even then the law enforcement agencies were so swamped that it was announced that they were only responding to accidents in which there were personal injuries or cars totally inoperable.  Needless to say no two wheeled vehicles were out.
SLK   I ride a Yamaha Star  Motorcycle or I ride nothing at all.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: Jan 15, 2013, 09:55:52 AM »
23 on my ride in this morning.  The fingers on my right hand felt like they were going to snap off. I put a racquetball glove on under my regular glove and it helped a little, but definitely made it harder to move my fingers.   COME ON Gerbing!!! Send my glove back to me.

Just recently I swear I made the comment about not having to worry about black ice.  I'm finding this is not true.  If sprinklers are running off into the street and it being as cold it is, it is something I need to be aware of.  My wife said my dog slipped on some ice on the sidewalk when they went out for a jog at 5am. 

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: Jan 15, 2013, 11:31:16 AM »
23 on my ride in this morning.  The fingers on my right hand felt like they were going to snap off. I put a racquetball glove on under my regular glove and it helped a little, but definitely made it harder to move my fingers.   COME ON Gerbing!!! Send my glove back to me.

Just recently I swear I made the comment about not having to worry about black ice.  I'm finding this is not true.  If sprinklers are running off into the street and it being as cold it is, it is something I need to be aware of.  My wife said my dog slipped on some ice on the sidewalk when they went out for a jog at 5am.

We have some businesses and residents around us that forget to turn their sprinkler systems off in the winter time, too. I don't get it. What's really laughable is when the neighborhood sprinklers are on while it's pouring rain. I just find that hilarious.  ;D

But black ice is not funny. But when my dog slips on ice it is kinda funny.  :rotfl:

Oh, and to contribute to the topic...I didn't. Ride, that is. We'll see what the temp in at lunch, but I don't have high hopes of riding until tomorrow afternoon. Very, very cold. Me no likey.

AZ~Raider

• SEA-ROAR
  • Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: Jan 15, 2013, 11:40:37 AM »
Bike was slow to start this AM,,, COLD I hope,,,, and now a flat !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: Jan 15, 2013, 12:05:25 PM »
Bike was slow to start this AM,,, COLD I hope,,,, and now a flat !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Maybe time to consider... Ride-On.

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: Jan 15, 2013, 02:13:45 PM »

Or just quit taking that shortcut through the alley behind the Nails and Broken Glass Factory.  ;D

Tail dragger

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: Jan 15, 2013, 03:48:26 PM »
-5 Degrees this morning, but up above freezing now, however still ice and snow on streets.  Hopefully tomorrow will be the day to get out again.

AZ~Raider

• SEA-ROAR
  • Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: Jan 15, 2013, 03:56:51 PM »

Or just quit taking that shortcut through the alley behind the Nails and Broken Glass Factory.  ;D
Probably the Harley parts i keep running over  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: Jan 15, 2013, 04:15:25 PM »

too Funny!!!    :funnypost:

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

SLK

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: Jan 16, 2013, 02:38:16 AM »

Parts or the whole Harley? ;D
SLK   I ride a Yamaha Star  Motorcycle or I ride nothing at all.

AZ~Raider

• SEA-ROAR
  • Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: Jan 16, 2013, 07:33:13 AM »

Parts or the whole Harley? ;D

it was the whole Harley the day before,,,, now just parts. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: Jan 16, 2013, 09:06:54 AM »
Rode again today.  We're now in the mid to high 20s when I ride in and supposed to be a high of 62 F today.  Looking forward to it.  Tomorrow even more so at 72.

I put on two pairs of socks today and my feet managed to stay pretty warm.  It's just my right hand that is dying every morning.