Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: Oh It's A Yamaha  (Read 238659 times)

SWomack

• Raider
  • Referrals: 19
    • View Profile
Oh It's A Yamaha
« on: Jun 26, 2009, 12:15:10 AM »
I was at bike night last night and I had a group of 5 guys checking out my bike.  I was standing a good 10' away but could hear everything that was said.  I heard them talking and saying that they really liked the looks of my bike and they were looking at everything that I have done to my bike and saying a lot of great things about it.  One of the guys pointed out the Yamaha logo on the dash and then they all pointed their noses in the air.  HD snobs, the worst kind in my eyes. They were all posers.  If they knew anything about the Raider and the engine size, the way the bike handles ect, they wouldn't have said "OH it's a Yamaha".  Once they found out it was a Yamaha one of them said Yamaha or not is was a killer looking bike.  The other four started to laugh at his remarks.  What a bunch of a$$holes.  Once again posers.  My bike was better looking then 3/4 of the bike there and I just had to laugh.  They all loved the way the bike looked and were all saying great things until they saw it was a Metric.  Most of the guys I ride with that are not in our SoCal Raider group are Harley guys and yes they gave me sh-t for not purchasing a Harley but after they got over it being a Yamaha and they raced me on the open road and in the canyons, they all shut up about it not being a Harley.  If most of these guys knew anything about the mechanics of these great bikes and then they rode our bikes they would have a different thought.  I call my Raider the HD eater and would be more then happy to race any of them.  Point being once again out of 100% of the Harley guys out there I would say that 65% are all a bunch of posers anyways.  Be proud of what you ride guys because IMO Harley will always have a place deep in my soul but Harley has over priced their bikes and even know the mechanics side has gotten better, they still break down and the chrome totally sucks.  They pay top dollar for a bike that is not the best built bike on the market.  I paid $ 10,450 OTD for my bike and you couldn't get a Harley that can match the engine size or the style for under $ 20,000.  If my bike had a HD logo on it, it would have sold for over $ 25,000 easy.  I have a buddy that build a true custom and it was featured in Easy Rider.  He has nothing but great things about my bike and even this guy tells me that the HD thing is a bunch of crap. I am passionate about bike period, Metic, American whatever, as long as it runs great and looks great I can find something good to say about it, not OH it's a metic.  I sometimes wonder if I would have purchased a HD and had put 27,000 miles on it in one year like I have done on my bike, just how good the HD would have held up.  LOL  I already know the answer to that question because the last time I was in my local HD shop, they has brand new bike on the showroom that had oil on the floor under them.  I just have to laugh and share this story.
Later
Swomack

EraserX33

• U.S. Airforce Retired
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Oh It's A Yamaha
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26, 2009, 12:55:18 AM »
Don't need to convince me brother... I love this thing.  I could give a rats azz what anyone else thinks.

Darrell
My carbon footprint is about 3% of Al Gore's, and if you're greener than Gore, you're fkn green enough.

THUNDER

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 26, 2009, 12:56:52 AM »
+1
THUNDER
You can watch stuff happen
You can make stuff happen
Or you can say what the hell happened....Quote from ..Capt. Phil...R.I.P.
PATRIOT GUARD RIDER

[img]http://www.roadstarraider.

cornfed biker

• Born Red and Corn fed
  • Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 26, 2009, 01:10:02 AM »
You couldn't budge me from my raider, Love the look, the performance, and that little look of jealousy in the eyes of those hogs.
GO BIG RED, ridin da Raider

mschmidt

« Reply #4 on: Jun 26, 2009, 02:57:41 AM »
I had a similar thing happen to me at a recent bike night.  Three guys stood around looking at my bike for a while.  They were decked out in HD decor from head to toe.  They were clueless.  I walked over to my bike, knowing this had great entertainment potential.  One of them asks me, "Is that a Harley?"  I responded,"I don't know, you're the one wearing the T-Shirt"  He just turned around and walked away.  One of his buddies finally found the Yamaha cover on the engine, then said it was a nice bike and they moved on.  Five minutes later another HD fashion icon walks up and asks how much money I had in my sportster.  WHAT?  Are you freakin' serious?  It kills me! 

Rob06

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 26, 2009, 05:50:13 AM »
if we had a dime every time this happened, very shallow minded, just cant handle the overflowing tough looks,the intimidating power house, maybe its the perfection in the chrome or paint, who knows all i can say it ha ha i got one and you dont loser, now step back before you slobber on my sled :D   :D  :D  :D Freakin cheese ball

TRaider_John

• Patriot Guard Rider and SEA-ROAR member
  • Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 26, 2009, 06:10:32 AM »
The way I look at it, they are just realizing the error they made and don't want to admit it.  There is a lot of peer pressure among HD riders and some guys just can't handle it any other way than by putting us and our rides down.  It is their way of feeling superior even when they know they aren't.

Ride that thing!!
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2009, 07:44:34 AM by TRaider_John »

sfcrick

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 26, 2009, 07:42:23 AM »
I'm a Star snob, and couldn't give a rats ass about a guy who bought a HD. I see'em all day long and just ride on and let them stew in their own mental turmoil.

I'm having fun and know the Star line of bikes are far better than HD. Well except for that pesky oversite by Star for NOT having a touring 113" powered bike.

Misery loves company....that's the reason they have to go in groups.

Madcow

• Liquid lighting
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 26, 2009, 08:05:32 AM »
My fave thing is to be at a light and have a guy wetting his window with drool. And then have to snap out of it when the light turns green.. errr doh..  :drool:
"Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries." - James A. Michener
May your road be smooth yet twisty.
Let your mods turn all heads and torque make you thirsty.
I hope the ride will take you to a place that makes your spirit sing.
And put a smile on your face, for the blessings this day will bring.   Madcow 11

ldbaize

• Overall Division Winner - Asian European
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jun 26, 2009, 08:10:35 AM »
I feel you brother, had this happen too many times.  If they just knew how stupid they look snubbing a bike they just drooled all over! LOL!  I just think...If I paid that much and had a Harley...realized what I COULD HAVE HAD...well guess I'd be jeolous too!

Pyro515

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jun 26, 2009, 08:16:30 AM »
The way I look at it, they are just realizing the error they made and don't want to admit it.  There is a lot of peer pressure among HD riders and some guys just can't handle it any other way than by putting us and our rides down.  It is their way of feeling superior even when they know they aren't.

Ride that thing!!

I totally agree... Another thing I think is really funny how right away these posers say why'd you buy a copy?... Copy my butt! I wanted a V-Twin bike, not a harley or a yamaha or a honda or even a victory. I just wanted a V-Twin bike, sat on a ton until I found the raider, and I never looked back... :)

I think it is funny that you don't hear the Honda sportbike guys saying, why did you buy that Suzuki when it it is just a copy of mine!!   

I think the american built thing and the copy thing are ways to put down our bikes because it is the only things they can say... They know we have a superior motor, better build quality, better paint, and better reliability.

Ride Proud! :)

Mike
2009 Raven Raider

cwa

« Reply #11 on: Jun 26, 2009, 08:48:30 AM »
The sack kicker is when a couple rides up on a harley and the guys girl gets off the bike and walks straight up to me to tell me how Beautiful my Raider is.

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jun 26, 2009, 09:13:42 AM »
I totally agree... Another thing I think is really funny how right away these posers say why'd you buy a copy?...

... or they say it's a "wannabe".  I always tell them that if this were true...first, I'd have to slow it waaay down.  Then, I'd have to start loosening nuts and bolts so that fluids start dripping/leaking out all over.  Then I'd have to do something to the motor mounts so that the entire bike would vibrate so bad that my arms and hands would go numb.

It's not a wannabe... it's a betterthanbe. 

Idots !!!

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Rummy

• Welcome to the "Darkside"
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jun 26, 2009, 09:35:49 AM »
One of the first things I did, was to remove all the Star/Yamaha markings from my bike. Not because I was embarrassed to be riding a metric, but because I wanted to keep these idiots guessing. When I'm asked what kind of bike it is, I just simply tell them it's the bike of my dreams. When they ask me what the 113 on the side cover stands for, I simply tell them it means the same as the 96 on the side of yours only bigger. When they ask me what type of gains I got with the spike air intake, I just simply tell them, I don't know I haven't put it on the dyno yet but if I were you I wouldn't challenge me to a dual cause you're gonna get smoked. Here endeth the lesson from the book of Star Chapter 1 verses 1,2, & 3.

Madcow

• Liquid lighting
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jun 26, 2009, 09:57:52 AM »
Waddith he saidith  ;D
"Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries." - James A. Michener
May your road be smooth yet twisty.
Let your mods turn all heads and torque make you thirsty.
I hope the ride will take you to a place that makes your spirit sing.
And put a smile on your face, for the blessings this day will bring.   Madcow 11