Author Topic: Oh It's A Yamaha  (Read 629101 times)

jeb6294

• Roadliner
  • Referrals: 7
Re: Oh It's A Yamaha
« Reply #5115 on: Apr 20, 2017, 10:22:17 AM »
February 2017 - "Harley-Davidson will introduce 50 new models in the next five years to counteract stalling sales, including an electric bike, says boss Matt Levatich."
Sounds good on paper but, I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of those 50 "new" models are only going to be different variations of the Sportster and Street platforms to try and appeal to new/younger riders.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Pudge

• 2008 Raider - Fast Black
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #5116 on: Apr 20, 2017, 11:24:30 AM »
    Ummm, Stories?   :popcorn: :popcorn:
    jp

(sent from my Commodore 64)

PC-Raider

• Roadliner
    « Reply #5117 on: Apr 20, 2017, 06:16:33 PM »
    Get this... My father-in-law just bought a new CVO.  When I made comment about the Raider's performance and the cheaper price to my mother-in-law, she told me "We're not concerned in riding fast".  So what was the reason for paying extra for the CVO???

Being one that bought the SRT Challenger and doesnt drive it hard/fast .... I kinda get it. I like it so I buy it.

:agree:  I couldn't agree more!  I just plain love my Raider.  That's why I bought it.  It's kinda fun knowing that it has a bigger engine and cost less than what my Harley friends ride but I wouldn't trade it even up for ANY Harley available at this time anyway.  Although, I must say, with the 107 & 114 Milwaukee-eights HD is finally coming out with engines closer to ours.  At least HD is trying to get bigger and better ... sadly, that's more than we can say for Yamaha.

Yamaha has been taking a nap for the past 9 years and the competition still hasn't caught up.

:agree:  As you say though, I hate to see Yamaha napping.  It would be nice to see some indication from Yamaha they have an interest in keeping and serving the big v-twin power cruiser segment of the market.  I wouldn't trade my Raider for any bike out there ... yet anyway.

February 2017 - "Harley-Davidson will introduce 50 new models in the next five years to counteract stalling sales, including an electric bike, says boss Matt Levatich."

Wow!!!  Bet that's going to "sound" good.   Can't wait the hear that!!    :rotfl: :rotfl:

Look what introducing an electric model did for Victory!  That was a real home run!   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

• Advertisement

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #5118 on: May 03, 2017, 03:36:42 PM »
      So I'm out just enjoying the most perfect riding weather anywhere and I'm making a left at the light to hit one of my favorite roads on the way home.  A guy on a BMW I think 1200rt sport touring bike is coming from the other direction and he turns right on the same road so I jump in behind him, he sees me in his mirrors and starts weaving back and forth for a while then he hammers the throttle.  I take this as an invitation to play.  So hale yeah, I'm on him pretty quick with the fun sections of the road coming up.  He settles down in the seat and gets on it again, we go through a few curves at a good pace and he checks his mirrors again.  This goes on for about 3 or 4 miles.  The road straightens and I let him get some distance on me knowing the best curves are coming up.  He goes through the next curve and I'm on him so fast I could have past him if I wanted to.

He pulls over at the entrance of a little church so I slow down and stop beside him and ask if everything's ok.  He says yeah I just wanted to see what the hell you were riding! It's a Yamaha bro!  He says NICE! with huge grin his face.

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #5119 on: May 03, 2017, 03:54:19 PM »
      Sounds like a good day!
      The Star Cruiser “Dark Matter”; named in recognition of the attractive force theorized to exist as an explanation of balance in the universe.

“…if you can make beer in space, life in space will be possible… it is a shortage of beer in space that is holding back further space exploration.”  Dr Walsh 2009

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #5120 on: May 03, 2017, 08:03:14 PM »
      So I'm out just enjoying the most perfect riding weather anywhere and I'm making a left at the light to hit one of my favorite roads on the way home.  A guy on a BMW I think 1200rt sport touring bike is coming from the other direction and he turns right on the same road so I jump in behind him, he sees me in his mirrors and starts weaving back and forth for a while then he hammers the throttle.  I take this as an invitation to play.  So hale yeah, I'm on him pretty quick with the fun sections of the road coming up.  He settles down in the seat and gets on it again, we go through a few curves at a good pace and he checks his mirrors again.  This goes on for about 3 or 4 miles.  The road straightens and I let him get some distance on me knowing the best curves are coming up.  He goes through the next curve and I'm on him so fast I could have past him if I wanted to.

He pulls over at the entrance of a little church so I slow down and stop beside him and ask if everything's ok.  He says yeah I just wanted to see what the hell you were riding! It's a Yamaha bro!  He says NICE! with huge grin his face.

HELL YEAH Ted that's freaking awesome !!! that's the way to show what the raider will do in some tight stuff !!
      Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

SLK

• Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #5121 on: May 05, 2017, 12:26:28 AM »
      After nine years on the Raider I still am amazed at how it impresses people.  I ran into an old acquaintance who has a beautiful custom red and black paint job on his Harley.  It has been a while since we last saw each other and I was on the Raider which he has seen before but it has been a while.  He said that is one good looking bike and I said thanks coming from a guy with a paint job like yours that means a lot.  He never asked what it was but gave it props.  Yep a factory paint job on a 9 year old Raider.
      « Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 06:47:20 PM by SLK »
      SLK   I ride a Yamaha because I prefer to ride the best

Blueridge Raider

• V Star
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #5122 on: May 05, 2017, 01:30:29 PM »
      Well after owning two Raiders and going on tons of rides I have had heard many comments about the bike but yesterday I got my first over the top "It's a Yamaha" reaction. I was just getting ready to pull out from a local Mom and Pop store, they have the best fried chicken, when this young guy comes out the door right in front of me and from the time he saw the bike he starts hollering "HOLY SHIT, THAT'S BEAUTIFUL, IS THAT STOCK, IS THAT A CUSTOM PAINT JOB, WHAT SIZE ENGINE IS THAT, and to finish it off "THAT'S A YAMAHA". I actually started laughing out loud, everybody in the parking lot was looking at us. Got to tell ya it made me feel pretty good.
      « Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 01:33:44 PM by Blueridge Raider »
      LTR/RTL

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 6
      « Reply #5123 on: May 05, 2017, 02:29:04 PM »
      Well after owning two Raiders and going on tons of rides I have had heard many comments about the bike but yesterday I got my first over the top "It's a Yamaha" reaction. I was just getting ready to pull out from a local Mom and Pop store, they have the best fried chicken, when this young guy comes out the door right in front of me and from the time he saw the bike he starts hollering "HOLY SHIT, THAT'S BEAUTIFUL, IS THAT STOCK, IS THAT A CUSTOM PAINT JOB, WHAT SIZE ENGINE IS THAT, and to finish it off "THAT'S A YAMAHA". I actually started laughing out loud, everybody in the parking lot was looking at us. Got to tell ya it made me feel pretty good.

As it should, after all it is a Yamaha...  ;)  Way to represent...  :thumbs:

Uber Dave

• Road Star
      « Reply #5124 on: May 05, 2017, 10:25:08 PM »
      I remember when I first bought the bike. I was parked on the street in Mystic , CT. during the summer. I gentleman and his two gal pals walked over and started to really dig on the bike. I think they were from Brazil. Anyway they asked me if they could each sit on the bike and have there pictures taking. They were really nice about it so I said sure. That's it. That's my story!
      Uber Dave
      L

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 6
      « Reply #5125 on: May 06, 2017, 12:57:07 PM »
      I remember when I first bought the bike. I was parked on the street in Mystic , CT. during the summer. I gentleman and his two gal pals walked over and started to really dig on the bike. I think they were from Brazil. Anyway they asked me if they could each sit on the bike and have there pictures taking. They were really nice about it so I said sure. That's it. That's my story!

Two chics from Brazil and you didn't get pics?  For shame...  ;D

SLK

• Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #5126 on: May 07, 2017, 11:34:46 PM »

Two chics from Brazil and you didn't get pics?  For shame...  ;D
      Every body knows all those Brazilians are nuts, and if you have seen one Brazil nut you've seen them all. ;D

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #5127 on: May 08, 2017, 09:33:10 AM »

ttiwwp

SLK

• Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #5128 on: May 08, 2017, 10:13:40 PM »

ttiwwp

Ok you asked for it clothed  and naked

See below

You have been warned

PC-Raider

• Roadliner
      « Reply #5129 on: May 09, 2017, 12:04:17 AM »

ttiwwp

Ok you asked for it clothed  and naked

See below

You have been warned

Hey SLK - I don't want to be a prude but posting pics of naked nuts in this thread is totally out of line!   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: