Author Topic: Oh It's A Yamaha  (Read 614449 times)

jeb6294

• Roadliner
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Oh It's A Yamaha
« Reply #5115 on: Apr 20, 2017, 10:22:17 AM »
February 2017 - "Harley-Davidson will introduce 50 new models in the next five years to counteract stalling sales, including an electric bike, says boss Matt Levatich."
Sounds good on paper but, I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of those 50 "new" models are only going to be different variations of the Sportster and Street platforms to try and appeal to new/younger riders.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Pudge

• 2008 Raider - Fast Black
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #5116 on: Apr 20, 2017, 11:24:30 AM »
    Ummm, Stories?   :popcorn: :popcorn:
    jp

(sent from my Commodore 64)

PC-Raider

• Roadliner
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #5117 on: Apr 20, 2017, 06:16:33 PM »
    Get this... My father-in-law just bought a new CVO.  When I made comment about the Raider's performance and the cheaper price to my mother-in-law, she told me "We're not concerned in riding fast".  So what was the reason for paying extra for the CVO???

Being one that bought the SRT Challenger and doesnt drive it hard/fast .... I kinda get it. I like it so I buy it.

:agree:  I couldn't agree more!  I just plain love my Raider.  That's why I bought it.  It's kinda fun knowing that it has a bigger engine and cost less than what my Harley friends ride but I wouldn't trade it even up for ANY Harley available at this time anyway.  Although, I must say, with the 107 & 114 Milwaukee-eights HD is finally coming out with engines closer to ours.  At least HD is trying to get bigger and better ... sadly, that's more than we can say for Yamaha.

Yamaha has been taking a nap for the past 9 years and the competition still hasn't caught up.

:agree:  As you say though, I hate to see Yamaha napping.  It would be nice to see some indication from Yamaha they have an interest in keeping and serving the big v-twin power cruiser segment of the market.  I wouldn't trade my Raider for any bike out there ... yet anyway.

February 2017 - "Harley-Davidson will introduce 50 new models in the next five years to counteract stalling sales, including an electric bike, says boss Matt Levatich."

Wow!!!  Bet that's going to "sound" good.   Can't wait the hear that!!    :rotfl: :rotfl:

Look what introducing an electric model did for Victory!  That was a real home run!   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: