Author Topic: Oh It's A Yamaha  (Read 625119 times)

MyRaider

• MyRaider
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 0
    • Sound Bite
Re: Oh It's A Yamaha
« Reply #5160 on: May 17, 2017, 03:47:41 AM »
Well I have had a long on Tuesday, it is officially Wednesday now.  So anyway yesterday the Raider got a lot of compliments.  On Tuesday I volunteer 2 hours to the food bank in Fairbanks, Alaska.  I generally leave home an hour early just to have alisurely drive.  At 2 stop lights I got several thumbs up and a guy shouting nice bike. I nodded a thanks.  Then, I leisurely made my way to a bagel shop to get my lunch and 3 guys fawned over bike saying nice day to ride on nice ride.  I said thanks sure is.  So I then ride to the food bank eat my lunch then go too work and get another compliment of nice looking bike again thanks.  After food bank I heads to Sportsman's Warehouse to get a few supplies and as I leave a guy is walking in and seeing me in my leathers says, Man, you have one sweeet ride as he pointed back to the only bike in the parking lot.  I said thanks it's a Raider.  Then off to get gas, at the station a guy in car says that a sweet looking ride, and a kid jumps out of a truck and says to grandfather, hey look at that cool motorcycle.  His grand father walks over and says that is one great looking ride.  Do you remember crazy Lon with the red flames on Harley. I said yeah haven't seen him in awhile.  He said well he left what model is you bike.  So I told him and threw a number at him and he said man that must move I said yes it does.  He said well I have to get the kid ice cream hope to see you around.  As I was finishing up a guy on a sporster pull in in with a gal on back she points to my bike and says we need one that big with backrests like his. He said it looks nice but I prefer smaller.  I understood as he was and she were both much shorter than me and combined weight may have been within 20 lbs of my hulking 235. Then a kid in a red Cameron pulled in and I recognized him and we talked for a minute. He had a friend with him who asked him about him about my bike, and he was telling hm as I left.  Then it was off to the post office and getting more sweet rides.  I think this was a record day for getting compliments and comments.  Something close 20 total and only 45 miles riding.

Oh yeah it is a Yamaha and a Raider at that.

Pretty cool!!
Torque to ya Later...Don't Forget to click the Globe Icon on left for SOUND BITE...

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

SLK

• Global Moderator
    • Raider
    « Reply #5161 on: May 17, 2017, 04:04:10 AM »
    Well I have had a long on Tuesday, it is officially Wednesday now.  So anyway yesterday the Raider got a lot of compliments.  On Tuesday I volunteer 2 hours to the food bank in Fairbanks, Alaska.  I generally leave home an hour early just to have alisurely drive.  At 2 stop lights I got several thumbs up and a guy shouting nice bike. I nodded a thanks.  Then, I leisurely made my way to a bagel shop to get my lunch and 3 guys fawned over bike saying nice day to ride on nice ride.  I said thanks sure is.  So I then ride to the food bank eat my lunch then go too work and get another compliment of nice looking bike again thanks.  After food bank I heads to Sportsman's Warehouse to get a few supplies and as I leave a guy is walking in and seeing me in my leathers says, Man, you have one sweeet ride as he pointed back to the only bike in the parking lot.  I said thanks it's a Raider.  Then off to get gas, at the station a guy in car says that a sweet looking ride, and a kid jumps out of a truck and says to grandfather, hey look at that cool motorcycle.  His grand father walks over and says that is one great looking ride.  Do you remember crazy Lon with the red flames on Harley. I said yeah haven't seen him in awhile.  He said well he left what model is you bike.  So I told him and threw a number at him and he said man that must move I said yes it does.  He said well I have to get the kid ice cream hope to see you around.  As I was finishing up a guy on a sporster pull in in with a gal on back she points to my bike and says we need one that big with backrests like his. He said it looks nice but I prefer smaller.  I understood as he was and she were both much shorter than me and combined weight may have been within 20 lbs of my hulking 235. Then a kid in a red Cameron pulled in and I recognized him and we talked for a minute. He had a friend with him who asked him about him about my bike, and he was telling hm as I left.  Then it was off to the post office and getting more sweet rides.  I think this was a record day for getting compliments and comments.  Something close 20 total and only 45 miles riding.

Pretty cool!!

Yeh it was by the time I left the post office I could hardly get my helmet on. ;D
    SLK   I ride a Yamaha because I prefer to ride the best

MyRaider

• MyRaider
    • Raider
      • Sound Bite
    « Reply #5162 on: May 17, 2017, 04:07:17 AM »

Pretty cool!!

Yeh it was by the time I left the post office I could hardly get my helmet on. ;D

Yeah I love when peeps give the Yamaha props...
    Torque to ya Later...Don't Forget to click the Globe Icon on left for SOUND BITE...

• Advertisement

fingertight

• Road Star
      « Reply #5163 on: May 17, 2017, 07:51:10 AM »
      Coming home from the launch last night, a guy comes rolling up on us.  Loud pipes, revving engine, dual headlights (I think that's a Road King, not sure about the model), but I see his front end jump and hear the blast from his pipes.  I was in second gear and hammered it as he came up next to me...bye bye.  At the next light, he pulls up next to me and says "man that sounded nice, my bike has been running like crap..."  I told him "run it harder and it will work better; an Italian tune-up."  I don't think he got the Italian tune-up thing.

:raider:

Every Harley rider says that when they race any other bike.  :P

How can you call what a Raider does to a Harley a race?...  ???

I know.  Bicycles can beat a Harley but just cuz it's no contest doesn't mean it's not a race.  ;D
      2008 Yamaha Raider S
      2014 MV Agusta F4RR
      1982 Suzuki GS850L

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 6
      « Reply #5164 on: May 17, 2017, 08:01:25 AM »
      Coming home from the launch last night, a guy comes rolling up on us.  Loud pipes, revving engine, dual headlights (I think that's a Road King, not sure about the model), but I see his front end jump and hear the blast from his pipes.  I was in second gear and hammered it as he came up next to me...bye bye.  At the next light, he pulls up next to me and says "man that sounded nice, my bike has been running like crap..."  I told him "run it harder and it will work better; an Italian tune-up."  I don't think he got the Italian tune-up thing.

:raider:

Every Harley rider says that when they race any other bike.  :P

How can you call what a Raider does to a Harley a race?...  ???

I know.  Bicycles can beat a Harley but just cuz it's no contest doesn't mean it's not a race.  ;D

I see it as just that... If it's no contest, then it's not a race...  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 3
      « Reply #5165 on: May 17, 2017, 08:33:46 AM »

So... half the population of Alaska and half the paved roads too?    ;D
      « Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 08:35:37 AM by Mr. T »

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 6
      « Reply #5166 on: May 17, 2017, 08:37:14 AM »

And most of them related...  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

jeb6294

• Roadliner
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #5167 on: May 17, 2017, 10:16:17 AM »
      Stopped on the way home from work to get gas.  There was some sort of custom HD at the next row of pumps.  Stretched front, stereotypical OCC type white/green paint...to be honest my first thought when I pulled in was that it was a Honda Fury with some paint.

There were a couple guys filling up their landscaping truck next to me who were eyeing both bikes.  I finished filling up and started mine up while I was putting my helmet on and resetting my tripmeter.  In the meantime, the other guy comes out of the store doing his little HD strut and starts his up.  Typical overloud HD BLAT-BLAT-BLAT that, to me, always sounds like it's a bunch of noise with nothing to back it up.  Guy revs a few times and pulls out...still the same BLAT-BLAT-BLAT just louder.  The landscaping guys look at me and say, "I don't know, I think his sounds better".  I gave the throttle a good whack and they both jumped.  "Nevermind...yours is way better!"

fingertight

• Road Star
      « Reply #5168 on: May 17, 2017, 11:52:06 AM »
      Stopped on the way home from work to get gas.  There was some sort of custom HD at the next row of pumps.  Stretched front, stereotypical OCC type white/green paint...to be honest my first thought when I pulled in was that it was a Honda Fury with some paint.

There were a couple guys filling up their landscaping truck next to me who were eyeing both bikes.  I finished filling up and started mine up while I was putting my helmet on and resetting my tripmeter.  In the meantime, the other guy comes out of the store doing his little HD strut and starts his up.  Typical overloud HD BLAT-BLAT-BLAT that, to me, always sounds like it's a bunch of noise with nothing to back it up.  Guy revs a few times and pulls out...still the same BLAT-BLAT-BLAT just louder.  The landscaping guys look at me and say, "I don't know, I think his sounds better".  I gave the throttle a good whack and they both jumped.  "Nevermind...yours is way better!"

Great story.  Our bikes sound mean, as in, they have power.  I don't have to tell all y'all.  Rev a Raider and you hear horsepower.  HD's just sound like...well...an HD.  Lot's of noise, nothing else.
      2008 Yamaha Raider S
      2014 MV Agusta F4RR
      1982 Suzuki GS850L

MyRaider

• MyRaider
      • Raider
        • Sound Bite
      « Reply #5169 on: May 17, 2017, 03:21:29 PM »

:cheers:

SLK

• Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #5170 on: May 18, 2017, 02:57:45 AM »

And most of them related...  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
      Yeah and so today after riding around I get not 1 compliment and not so much as a how do to do.  I guess I covered the wrong half today.  I should have just repeated yesterday. ;D
      SLK   I ride a Yamaha because I prefer to ride the best