Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: Oh It's A Yamaha  (Read 242994 times)

Votion

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Oh It's A Yamaha
« Reply #2550 on: Oct 28, 2012, 04:14:13 PM »
So a while back I had a rock get up under my belt and tore it up. I got a new belt ordered from stateside and took it to one of the Italian Yamaha dealers in town. They asked me why I bought a Yamaha. Besides how awesome the Raider is, the price can't be beat. The had never seen a Raider before and loved it. The only big Yamaha bike they have is one Euro spec V-Max. I don't know if the US one is set up the same way but it only had 4 gears. Most of them don't believe its not a Harley and that I bought it for only 13k.
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

55raider

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: Oct 28, 2012, 04:37:45 PM »
traider, chill out man. we are just sharing our our love of raiders,lol.
55 raider

Veego

« Reply #2552 on: Oct 28, 2012, 05:05:45 PM »
THIS THREAD IS ABOUT YAMAHAS!!!  PLEASE TAKE YOUR DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE OTHER BRANDS TO A DIFFERENT THREAD.

Well excuse me....it was about Yamaha. That it also included the evil H-D is a reference. Chill out man.

michael t

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • bersachat.com
« Reply #2553 on: Oct 28, 2012, 09:55:18 PM »
I don't know if the US one is set up the same way but it only had 4 gears.

That doesn't sound right . I have found my self riding in 4th thinking I was in 5th  hit the shifter and gee another gear. I don't see Yamaha  making a 4 speed  just  for Europe .  In HS a friend of mine got a Fiat 1100 sedan. It was hard to leave a light  I watch him back up one day and asked  If you pull back on shifter and lift up what their.  We found 1st gear. Car run better after that .  It was 4 on the  tree  American cars then were only 3 .  My raider is 1 down 4 up . 5 speed 
      I found on net a test where they said in 2008 they had no plans to import the Raider to Europe  What year is yours.
[

Been there, Done it . Have License. Plate to prove it

” The Blood of AMERICAN HEROES is on Obama’s Hands…Remember Benghazi !! “

TRaider_John

• Patriot Guard Rider and SEA-ROAR member
  • Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: Oct 29, 2012, 06:59:11 PM »

That doesn't sound right . I have found my self riding in 4th thinking I was in 5th  hit the shifter and gee another gear. I don't see Yamaha  making a 4 speed  just  for Europe .  In HS a friend of mine got a Fiat 1100 sedan. It was hard to leave a light  I watch him back up one day and asked  If you pull back on shifter and lift up what their.  We found 1st gear. Car run better after that .  It was 4 on the  tree  American cars then were only 3 .  My raider is 1 down 4 up . 5 speed 
      I found on net a test where they said in 2008 they had no plans to import the Raider to Europe  What year is yours.
This is an excellent example of the misuse of this thread.  It has something to do with the Raider, but not with the subject of the thread. 

I quit.  Go ahead, turn this damn thing into anything you want it to be.

Kit Sullivan

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: Oct 29, 2012, 07:36:29 PM »
Switch to decaf...
"If it ain't broke...fix it 'til it is!"

RangerRick

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: Oct 29, 2012, 07:56:08 PM »

This is an excellent example of the misuse of this thread.  It has something to do with the Raider, but not with the subject of the thread. 

Yes, I find it frustrating clicking here to read about the latest, "Publics reaction to Oh It's a Yamaha" only to find chit chat about everything but :(
2009 Raider XV19CYS
ANG Member 25 years
Retired Aug. 1, 2010

Jeremy

• Ride to Live, Live to Ride
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: Oct 29, 2012, 08:10:12 PM »

Yes, I find it frustrating clicking here to read about the latest, "Publics reaction to Oh It's a Yamaha" only to find chit chat about everything but :(

:ihntasiajptrmpc: :poke: :peace:

A.T.

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: Oct 29, 2012, 08:17:06 PM »

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: Oct 30, 2012, 07:35:52 AM »
Switch to decaf...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:cop:
I agree with TRJ....  "It has something to do with the Raider, but not with the subject of the thread".

He doesn't need to switch to decaf.... if you want to talk about "gears" start another thread... they're free.
This is one of the top 5 most popular threads and therefore we need to try and keep this one some what "pure".
« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2012, 08:23:02 AM by Mr. T »

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: Oct 30, 2012, 09:14:18 AM »
Switch to decaf...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:cop:
I agree with TRJ....  "It has something to do with the Raider, but not with the subject of the thread".

He doesn't need to switch to decaf.... if you want to talk about "gears" start another thread... they're free.
This is one of the top 5 most popular threads and therefore we need to try and keep this one some what "pure".

:agree: :cheers:
I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive at death safely.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: Oct 30, 2012, 09:53:57 AM »
I agree that we need to stay on subject and I'm definitely one to veer off course from time to time. I think the biggest thing that made John's post hard to take was the giant all caps letters.  It came off as pissy right off the bat. It may not have been meant that way and only was meant to emphasize the post, but I can see how it could rub some people wrong. 

Let's get back to the Yamahas!  Unfortunately I have no incidents from yesterday because I wasn't feeling too well and a bit pissy my self and I'm guessing nobody dared approach me.

Smokin_Indy

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: Oct 31, 2012, 07:53:12 PM »
Last week it was 80 degrees here, rode up through Noblesville IN a small town.....a old guy on his bicycle yelled hey nice bike is that a Harley.....yelled back no its a Yamaha Raider.....he yells back, well hey that's a nice lookin bike!
Smokin_Indy - aka Mark

2008 Raider S

tice

• AZ Group
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: Nov 02, 2012, 01:48:14 PM »
Forgot about this, couple weeks ago after the Wounded Warriors run my wife was introducing me to a guy ( he was a husband of one of her coworkers who rides a HD) and he said asked what kinda bike mine was, told him a Yamaha Raider, he said it was a really nice bike, I said thanks. Then he tells me his buddy was checking it out earlier ans said he wanted to steal it!!!!!!! We bothed laughed a little. Made me feel good and a little concerned at the same time!!!!!

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • SEA-ROAR
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: Nov 02, 2012, 02:31:09 PM »
Forgot about this, couple weeks ago after the Wounded Warriors run my wife was introducing me to a guy ( he was a husband of one of her coworkers who rides a HD) and he said asked what kinda bike mine was, told him a Yamaha Raider, he said it was a really nice bike, I said thanks. Then he tells me his buddy was checking it out earlier ans said he wanted to steal it!!!!!!! We bothed laughed a little. Made me feel good and a little concerned at the same time!!!!!

Be concerned, be very concerned, if a HD dude is talking about taking a Raider he may just try to make it his own...  :o