Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: Oh It's A Yamaha  (Read 280417 times)

michael t

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • bersachat.com
Re: Oh It's A Yamaha
« Reply #2565 on: Nov 03, 2012, 12:53:49 AM »
 He would wreck it for sure . To much power  would ruin  the cab of his pick up.

After cleaning mine I has having lunch al local resturant . This older woman  came over to my table . Just to tell me how pretty my bike was. Raider draws all ages   
[

Been there, Done it . Have License. Plate to prove it

” The Blood of AMERICAN HEROES is on Obama’s Hands…Remember Benghazi !! “

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: Nov 06, 2012, 11:12:16 AM »
On a ride a couple weeks ago, me and the other guys are parked on a residential street watching the cars pass by dangerously close to our bikes. Someone makes the comment that it's a good thing the Harleys are on the ends so they'd be hit first. Then somebody else says, "If we had to chase someone down for knocking our bikes over, Ike's is the only one that could catch them." There were two 96 ci Harleys, a 1700 Vulcan and a VTX 1800 on the ride, but the Raider got most of the compliments. Even had somebody tell us "that silver one is the best looking bike here."  :thumbs:
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

69quadracer

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: Nov 08, 2012, 10:57:08 AM »
Went to the quick shop yesterday evening pulled up to a red light music playing here someone talking to me turn the music down and he says is that a harley I said no sir it's a Yamaha Raider a harley eater and he starts laughing and says it sure is a beautiful bike with a smile from ear to ear, I love this bike and not a day goes buy that I dont get a complement while riding

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: Nov 28, 2012, 12:58:09 PM »
I never got a chance to post this since I was away from the forum most of last week on vacation...

Wednesday evening I stop at the grocery store near my house on my way home to pick up some last minute Thanksgiving items and it's getting dark, so I have my LEDs on.  I tend to leave them turned on when parked if I plan to be back on my bike soon. 

As I'm coming out of the store I see my bike and a couple people standing next to it and then I see this bright flash of light go off. I can't figure out what's going on and as I get closer realize there's three people, an older couple and a guy close to my age, standing next to the bike and the woman is taking pictures. I startled them at first, but then we started talking.  Turns out the older couple are from Germany and had a very heavy accent.  They absolutely loved the lights.  They said it would be illegal in Germany, but it is so beautiful.  The older guy told me that my bike in Germany would easily go for $50,000.  I told him that;s crazy since I have well under $20,000 into it. He still told me "$50,000. No question." 

The younger guy asked what it was and I told him a Yamaha Raider and let him know the size.  They were very impressed, especially the older couple.  They could not stop talking about it.

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: Nov 28, 2012, 01:13:48 PM »
I was wondering when someone wouldbring this thread back to life..   :thumbs:

I have people "oohing & aahing" at my LED's as well.  Something as simple as LED's gets them all excited but... all the other "stuff" I've done... hardley gets a notice.    Go figure.

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

jim

• Raider
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: Nov 28, 2012, 01:14:29 PM »
I never got a chance to post this since I was away from the forum most of last week on vacation...

Wednesday evening I stop at the grocery store near my house on my way home to pick up some last minute Thanksgiving items and it's getting dark, so I have my LEDs on.  I tend to leave them turned on when parked if I plan to be back on my bike soon. 

As I'm coming out of the store I see my bike and a couple people standing next to it and then I see this bright flash of light go off. I can't figure out what's going on and as I get closer realize there's three people, an older couple and a guy close to my age, standing next to the bike and the woman is taking pictures. I startled them at first, but then we started talking.  Turns out the older couple are from Germany and had a very heavy accent.  They absolutely loved the lights.  They said it would be illegal in Germany, but it is so beautiful.  The older guy told me that my bike in Germany would easily go for $50,000.  I told him that;s crazy since I have well under $20,000 into it. He still told me "$50,000. No question." 

The younger guy asked what it was and I told him a Yamaha Raider and let him know the size.  They were very impressed, especially the older couple.  They could not stop talking about it.

You have a seperate cut off switch for your LEDs? there not linked to the ignition?

"I've been up early my whole life, and all that ever did was increase the amount of time during the day something could go wrong."

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: Nov 28, 2012, 01:17:22 PM »

You have a seperate cut off switch for your LEDs? there not linked to the ignition?

Not  sure about Ares but... mine are controlled remotely and run with iginition on or off.

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: Nov 28, 2012, 01:45:15 PM »

Yep.  It's mounted on the inside of the left side cover and wired directly to the battery.  That's the way Custom Dynamics tell you to install. I have a waterproof, black, rubber-covered switch, so it's barely even visible.  I had talked to a woman that worked at a place that installed LEDS years ago and she said they tested a bike they had decked out with one of their kits and let it sit with the bike not running and it took two and a half days before the battery died.

I didn't see a need for a remote and I hate carrying extra stuff, so the switch is good for me.  Mine don't fade or change color or anything.  Just red.

TRaider_John

• Patriot Guard Rider and SEA-ROAR member
  • Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: Nov 28, 2012, 02:24:38 PM »

That's what a lot of riders do...and for that very reason. 

Chance13

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: Nov 28, 2012, 02:46:54 PM »
I have got to break loose soon and get me some LEDs

Put it in the wind, everyday is a good day to ride, if you have a
 RAIDER!!!!!

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: Nov 28, 2012, 02:56:34 PM »
I have got to break loose soon and get me some LEDs

I actually found that I could've probably done it a little cheaper getting the parts at AutoZone.  Plus they have the MAX LEDs and they are bright.  That's what I have on the very bottom of my Raider. They also sell the unit that you run all of the wires to, which makes it very convenient.

Wassup77

• Road Star
    • View Profile
Oh It's A Yamaha
« Reply #2576 on: Nov 28, 2012, 03:03:43 PM »
Has anybody tried wiring their LEDs to the switch on the bars fir auxiliary lights, and did it work?

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: Nov 28, 2012, 03:47:51 PM »
Has anybody tried wiring their LEDs to the switch on the bars fir auxiliary lights, and did it work?

Check out this thread: http://www.roadstarraider.com/index.php?topic=6434.msg118070#msg118070

I was thinking of doing the same thing until I read these posts. Now I'm going the route AresX did. I also got the Custom Dynamics kit, and I'll be installing this weekend.

TRaider_John

• Patriot Guard Rider and SEA-ROAR member
  • Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: Nov 29, 2012, 05:49:27 PM »
OK, I'm as guilty as the rest of us... This is not about LEDs.

We now return this thread to its intended purpowe...again. 

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: Nov 30, 2012, 01:51:32 PM »
OK, I'm as guilty as the rest of us... This is not about LEDs.

We now return this thread to its intended purpowe...again.

Gadzooks! We did it again!

Ok, So last weekend I'm at the cigar shop with my buddy who rides a Harley. We went to the Dallas bike show together and he snapped a pic of me sitting on a Road Glide and taunts me about it all the time. One of the other regulars, Larry said, "What's yours (to me)? It's not a Harley is it? It's a beautiful bike." I said thank you and that it's a Yamaha Raider with 113 ci, yada yada yada. My Harley friend says, "No he wouldn't be caught dead on a Harley, although I have proof otherwise." I tell him, yes the RG is super comfy, but I wouldn’t trade power and reliability for comfort. Especially at the price of a RG. He says, "That's good. You can't beat these Jap bikes these days. Much better than a Harley."

Yes, yes. It’s a Yamaha.