Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: Oh It's A Yamaha  (Read 246932 times)

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Oh It's A Yamaha
« Reply #2580 on: Nov 30, 2012, 01:59:02 PM »
So biker, you're telling us he caught you in a moment of death and captured it on film?...  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: Nov 30, 2012, 02:00:56 PM »
So biker, you're telling us he caught you in a moment of death and captured it on film?...  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm speaking to you from the Great Beyond...but I'm still riding a Raider.  ;D
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: Nov 30, 2012, 02:04:38 PM »

I'm speaking to you from the Great Beyond...but I'm still riding a Raider;D

Oh Hell Yeah...  :thumbs:

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: Nov 30, 2012, 02:06:08 PM »

I'm speaking to you from the Great Beyond...but I'm still riding a Raider.  ;D

The question is.... are you sitting on a cloud or guzzling water?   :rotfl:

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: Nov 30, 2012, 02:08:08 PM »
OK, I'm as guilty as the rest of us... This is not about LEDs.

We now return this thread to its intended purpowe...again.

Gadzooks! We did it again!

Ok, So last weekend I'm at the cigar shop with my buddy who rides a Harley. We went to the Dallas bike show together and he snapped a pic of me sitting on a Road Glide and taunts me about it all the time. One of the other regulars, Larry said, "What's yours (to me)? It's not a Harley is it? It's a beautiful bike." I said thank you and that it's a Yamaha Raider with 113 ci, yada yada yada. My Harley friend says, "No he wouldn't be caught dead on a Harley, although I have proof otherwise." I tell him, yes the RG is super comfy, but I wouldnít trade power and reliability for comfort. Especially at the price of a RG. He says, "That's good. You can't beat these Jap bikes these days. Much better than a Harley."
Yes, yes. Itís a Yamaha.

I hear that from so many people.  Including die-hard HD riders.

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: Nov 30, 2012, 02:54:03 PM »

"That's good. You can't beat these Jap bikes these days. Much better than a Harley."
Yes, yes. Itís a Yamaha.

My Harley friend tells me how much nicer and faster, etc my bike is than his. But he drank the kool-aid. He says he has the Harley bug, and won't ever ride anything else. Poor guy.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: Nov 30, 2012, 02:59:19 PM »

"That's good. You can't beat these Jap bikes these days. Much better than a Harley."
Yes, yes. Itís a Yamaha.

My Harley friend tells me how much nicer and faster, etc my bike is than his. But he drank the kool-aid. He says he has the Harley bug, and won't ever ride anything else. Poor guy.

I know some guys like that at a local shop I used to go to.  They'll fully admit my bike is faster, handles better and is way more dependable and they know it's quite a bit cheaper, but they remain die-hard HD guys.  I don't get it.

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: Nov 30, 2012, 03:16:11 PM »

Yes, yes. Itís a Yamaha.

I know some guys like that at a local shop I used to go to.  They'll fully admit my bike is faster, handles better and is way more dependable and they know it's quite a bit cheaper, but they remain die-hard HD guys.  I don't get it.

It's too late for them... they drank the kool-aid.

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

michael t

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • bersachat.com
« Reply #2588 on: Nov 30, 2012, 03:27:37 PM »

Yes, yes. Itís a Yamaha.

its never too late.  I drank the Kool- Aid  years ago.   Pee'd  it out and went back to  metric 
[

Been there, Done it . Have License. Plate to prove it

Ē The Blood of AMERICAN HEROES is on Obamaís HandsÖRemember Benghazi !! ď

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: Nov 30, 2012, 03:37:45 PM »

Yes, yes. Itís a Yamaha.

its never too late.  I drank the Kool- Aid  years ago.   Pee'd  it out and went back to  metric

So you had metric before Harley, then? See, my friend's problem is, his Dyna is his first bike. I'm afraid there's no hope for him. All my Harley friend's compliment my Raider and they're actually surprised that it's a Yamaha. Some guess Honda or just have no idea. One guy just looked at the engine and said, "Man that engine is huge. I'll bet that thing goes fast." Yep, it sure does. Even faster than most 'cause it's Silver.  ;D

SLK

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: Dec 01, 2012, 02:44:43 AM »
Winter doldrums have already set in in Fairbanks, Alaska.  today a regular came into the shop and started stalking about going south for while and maybe get in a ride.  Then asked if I was missing my Harley.  I responded no, I never my my Harley, when I sold it in 1979 and got a Yamaha I never looked back and have owned nothing but Yamaha since.  he said, that big beast you ride is a Yamaha?  Grinning from ear to ear I said sure is and there isn't any Harley that can touch it or take its place!
SLK   I ride a Yamaha Star  Motorcycle or I ride nothing at all.

wolfraider

• 2012 ROM Winner
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: Dec 01, 2012, 03:55:05 PM »
Stopped at a gas station to get some water today. a guy is sitting in his car, waiting, as I pull up to park right next to him.
He turns his head around, gets eyes the size of saucers, rolls down his window and the conversation goes as:

Guy: What the hell is this?

Me: It's a boatload of fun on wheels.

Guy: I can see that, but what is it?

Me: It's a Yamaha.

Guy: A what! (in utter disbelief)

Me: It's a Yamaha. A Raider.

Guy: Holy Sh%#! No way! (disbelief continues)

Me: Yep, all the way.

Guy: Who built this, did you do it yourself?

Me: Yep, it's a one of a kind!

Guy: Holy Sh%#! This is so cool! This thing is plain nuts!

The guy couldn't get his eyes of the bike, hardly ever looked at me during this quick exchange.

It happened quite a bit in the past, but now it's a constant. It's funny!  ;D

To live on two wheels is to live a life in balance!

100k miles March 2008 - May 2014

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: Dec 01, 2012, 06:40:01 PM »
Stopped at a gas station to get some water today. a guy is sitting in his car, waiting, as I pull up to park right next to him.
He turns his head around, gets eyes the size of saucers, rolls down his window and the conversation goes as:

Guy: What the hell is this?

Me: It's a boatload of fun on wheels.

Guy: I can see that, but what is it?

Me: It's a Yamaha.

Guy: A what! (in utter disbelief)

Me: It's a Yamaha. A Raider.

Guy: Holy Sh%#! No way! (disbelief continues)

Me: Yep, all the way.

Guy: Who built this, did you do it yourself?

Me: Yep, it's a one of a kind!

Guy: Holy Sh%#! This is so cool! This thing is plain nuts!

The guy couldn't get his eyes of the bike, hardly ever looked at me during this quick exchange.

It happened quite a bit in the past, but now it's a constant. It's funny!  ;D

You know he was seeing himself riding your bike off into the sunset.   ;D

I had a funny one today when filling up.  Across from me is this about 10 year old kid filling up his dads truck.  As he's filling it up he's stairing at the wife's xs650.  He finishes before I even start and gets into the truck.  Then his dad comes out from the station.  Stopped dead in his tracks next to his tailgate and just stairs...mouth open wide.  I'm starting to get a little creeped out as I finish my fill up since he's doing a lot of stairing and not saying anything.  Then his kid comes up and tugs on his arm...."dad, lets go".  He's replied "Do you not see this bike...look at it.  Its perfect".  "dad we gotta go" and the kid starts pulling him away.  I kinda wondering if the guy was going to say anything or just eye rape my wife's bike.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: Dec 03, 2012, 09:45:54 AM »
the guy was going to say anything or just eye rape my wife's bike.

That's a new one to me. I'm gonna have to use that one.  ;D

Went to the store Saturday night. I left my LEDs on while I was in the store, 'cause I wasn't going to be long (thanks Dan, for that idea). First I'm getting a few stares as I pull in, then when I turn the bike off and the LEDs stay on I get one guy doing a double-take. Then as I'm riding through the parking lot this little girl (maybe 13 or so) is staring at the engine LEDs and her jaw drops as she stares with wide eyes. She never looked at the rest of the bike or me; just stared in astonishment at the lights. Felt good.

Hollywood

• 2012 ROM Winner
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: Dec 06, 2012, 12:15:48 AM »
Headed home about 6:00 am, Norman Oklahoma, it's about 50 degrees.  Due to the temperature I'm wearing my leathers, gloves, and a glow in the dark skeleton neoprene face mask.  The chrome was cleaned the day before and the red LED lights were reflecting beautifully.  I'm minding my own business when this car pulls up next to me, almost on the center line.  I'm feeling a little crowded but the light turns green and I just let it go. Now I get to the next light and this car crosses the line and crowds me, I'm thinking someone is about to get it......when this lady rolls down the window and says " sorry but my son saw you and just had to say hi, he thinks your ghost rider, beautiful bike by the way."  Needless to say all was forgiven I wave to the little boy, and in my best ghost rider voice tell him to mind his mom, I then  rev the engine and take off. Yea I love this bike.. It's a Yamaha.  :P