Author Topic: Oh It's A Yamaha  (Read 921312 times)

LostDog

Re: Oh It's A Yamaha
« Reply #2595 on: Dec 06, 2012, 09:24:29 am »
 8) 8) 8) 8)

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    « Reply #2596 on: Dec 06, 2012, 09:28:23 am »
    Headed home about 6:00 am, Norman Oklahoma, it's about 50 degrees.  Due to the temperature I'm wearing my leathers, gloves, and a glow in the dark skeleton neoprene face mask.  The chrome was cleaned the day before and the red LED lights were reflecting beautifully.  I'm minding my own business when this car pulls up next to me, almost on the center line.  I'm feeling a little crowded but the light turns green and I just let it go. Now I get to the next light and this car crosses the line and crowds me, I'm thinking someone is about to get it......when this lady rolls down the window and says " sorry but my son saw you and just had to say hi, he thinks your ghost rider, beautiful bike by the way."  Needless to say all was forgiven I wave to the little boy, and in my best ghost rider voice tell him to mind his mom, I then  rev the engine and take off. Yea I love this bike.. It's a Yamaha.  :P

Don't you just love kids reactions to motorcycles?

Everyday as I'm headed down my street all the kids in the neighborhood that are out playing will go out of their way to wave at me as I pass. The mom's too.  It's pretty cool.

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
    • SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    « Reply #2597 on: Dec 06, 2012, 01:49:02 pm »
    Headed home about 6:00 am, Norman Oklahoma, it's about 50 degrees.  Due to the temperature I'm wearing my leathers, gloves, and a glow in the dark skeleton neoprene face mask.  The chrome was cleaned the day before and the red LED lights were reflecting beautifully.  I'm minding my own business when this car pulls up next to me, almost on the center line.  I'm feeling a little crowded but the light turns green and I just let it go. Now I get to the next light and this car crosses the line and crowds me, I'm thinking someone is about to get it......when this lady rolls down the window and says " sorry but my son saw you and just had to say hi, he thinks your ghost rider, beautiful bike by the way."  Needless to say all was forgiven I wave to the little boy, and in my best ghost rider voice tell him to mind his mom, I then  rev the engine and take off. Yea I love this bike.. It's a Yamaha.  :P

Everyday as I'm headed down my street all the kids in the neighborhood that are out playing will go out of their way to wave at me as I pass. The mom's too.  It's pretty cool.

And the dad's just gotta love that...  :o

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #2598 on: Dec 06, 2012, 02:11:41 pm »

Yeah. They don't wave so much.  On Halloween I got a wave from this killer looking brunette dressed in a skimpy little costume and the guy she was with did not look happy.

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #2599 on: Dec 06, 2012, 02:52:06 pm »
       :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yeah. They don't wave so much.  On Halloween I got a wave from this killer looking brunette dressed in a skimpy little costume and the guy she was with did not look happy.

Also love the Ghost Rider story.
      Kick Logic To The Curb!

Ike42

• Raider
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #2600 on: Dec 07, 2012, 10:01:24 am »

Also love the Ghost Rider story.

Speaking of the Ghost Rider story: Hollywood, post some pics of your LEDs. I wanna see the Ghost Rider effect! please.

Not a motorcycle story, but still an "Oh it's a Yamaha" moment. Last weekend I played guitar in the band for my church's Christmas program. As we're setting up, the sound guy is going around making sure everyone has what they need and hooking up monitors for all the musicians. There were a couple different brands of floor monitors, but the one he gave me was a Yamaha. I even said out loud, "Oh, yeah! It's a Yamaha!" Good times. I felt well taken care of.
      Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

SLK

• Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #2601 on: Dec 08, 2012, 02:05:30 am »
      Some of the best pianos around  are Yamaha.  My wife Plays one.
      SLK   I ride a Yamaha because I prefer to ride the best

Lrdofh8

• Road Star
      « Reply #2602 on: Dec 08, 2012, 06:51:21 am »
      the guy was going to say anything or just eye rape my wife's bike.

That's a new one to me. I'm gonna have to use that one.  ;D

Went to the store Saturday night. I left my LEDs on while I was in the store, 'cause I wasn't going to be long (thanks Dan, for that idea). First I'm getting a few stares as I pull in, then when I turn the bike off and the LEDs stay on I get one guy doing a double-take. Then as I'm riding through the parking lot this little girl (maybe 13 or so) is staring at the engine LEDs and her jaw drops as she stares with wide eyes. She never looked at the rest of the bike or me; just stared in astonishment at the lights. Felt good.

Yeah, I like to put mine on "epileptic siezure inducing disco mode  :rockon:" whenever I park someplace at night  ;D  guarentees at least a comment or 3  :lolsign:

This is my shield. I bear it before me into battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my brother on my left. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow nor my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me facing the enemy.

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #2603 on: Dec 08, 2012, 08:01:35 am »

I believe that's how yamaha started as a company if I recall correctly.  hence the tuning forks in the logo.  Yamaha pianos are awesome.
      Kick Logic To The Curb!

Lrdofh8

• Road Star
      « Reply #2604 on: Dec 08, 2012, 09:12:29 am »

I believe that's how yamaha started as a company if I recall correctly.  hence the tuning forks in the logo.  Yamaha pianos are awesome.

*slaps forehead*   

So thats what an epiphany feels like...huh.

This is my shield. I bear it before me into battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my brother on my left. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow nor my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me facing the enemy.

SLK

• Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #2605 on: Dec 09, 2012, 02:40:56 am »
      Yamaha is the worlds largest musical instrument company.  I actually started in the 1880 making pianos and organs to sell to the western world.  During WWII they turned to manufacturing weaponry for the war effort. 
      After the war they went back to making musical instruments and used the weaponry manufacturing equipment to make motorcycles.  Then eventually boradened their horizons and gave us the Raider.
      SLK   I ride a Yamaha because I prefer to ride the best

Lrdofh8

• Road Star
      « Reply #2606 on: Dec 09, 2012, 07:28:11 am »
      Yamaha is the worlds largest musical instrument company.  I actually started in the 1880 making pianos and organs to sell to the western world.  During WWII they turned to manufacturing weaponry for the war effort. 
      After the war they went back to making musical instruments and used the weaponry manufacturing equipment to make motorcycles.  Then eventually boradened their horizons and gave us the Raider.

I get a warm fuzzy thinking my Raider's predesessor was a weapon of war, an engine of destruction  8)

jhow2133

• Raider
      « Reply #2607 on: Dec 09, 2012, 02:37:01 pm »
      Holy chit!  You started in 1880?  So that makes you... Uh..... Carry the one....  Really old!
      I have big plans...

tice

• AZ Group
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #2608 on: Dec 09, 2012, 05:27:01 pm »
      Holy chit!  You started in 1880?  So that makes you... Uh..... Carry the one....  Really old!
      .   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
      2014 SCL

Fj_Ohio

• Warrior
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #2609 on: Dec 09, 2012, 07:35:49 pm »
      Dang! That Alaska air really is as good as they say!     :)
      FJ