Author Topic: Oh It's A Yamaha  (Read 921303 times)

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 4
Re: Oh It's A Yamaha
« Reply #2655 on: Jan 14, 2013, 02:08:43 pm »
Took the liberty of copying this post from "Who Rode today" thread... :thumbs:

Rode with my peeps to Jacksonville, NC yesterday. Stopped at New River Harley to take a breather. They had a green Breakout in the showroom. Great looking bike (except it was a god awful green), with a $29k price tag. Salesman comes over and starts gushing about ride, torque, hp, and looks. I'm standing there shaking my head, and he says "What are you riding ?" I point out the window to Ruby, and he says "What is that ?" I told him "It's an '09 Raider". He looks back at me with a sad eyed look, and says "Oh, you've already got enough bike, don't you"  ;D

Thanks T. I had the same thought when I read that post. Beautiful.

Had some more compliments at the cigar shop Saturday night. One guy just tells me its a nice bike, then asks if it's a Harley. I say no it's a Yamaha, to which he just replies, "That's one of the best looking bikes I've ever seen." Yup. I agree. Got more compliments on the LEDs later that night at a tiny local bar. The whole place is one long room with full windows out front so everyone could see my bike out front. I left the LEDs on 'cause I was only inside long enough for one drink. The Raider got a  lot of approval this weekend.

I wouldn't worry about the LEDs. I've left mine on for hours at a time.

Me too

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

AZ~Raider

• RAIDER RIDER FOR LIFE ;o}~
    • SEA-ROAR
    • Roadliner
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #2656 on: Jan 14, 2013, 02:15:54 pm »
     :agree:

Rode with my peeps to Jacksonville, NC yesterday. Stopped at New River Harley to take a breather. They had a green Breakout in the showroom. Great looking bike (except it was a god awful green), with a $29k price tag. Salesman comes over and starts gushing about ride, torque, hp, and looks. I'm standing there shaking my head, and he says "What are you riding ?" I point out the window to Ruby, and he says "What is that ?" I told him "It's an '09 Raider". He looks back at me with a sad eyed look, and says "Oh, you've already got enough bike, don't you"  ;D

Had some more compliments at the cigar shop Saturday night. One guy just tells me its a nice bike, then asks if it's a Harley. I say no it's a Yamaha, to which he just replies, "That's one of the best looking bikes I've ever seen." Yup. I agree. Got more compliments on the LEDs later that night at a tiny local bar. The whole place is one long room with full windows out front so everyone could see my bike out front. I left the LEDs on 'cause I was only inside long enough for one drink. The Raider got a  lot of approval this weekend.

Me too

Ike42

• Raider
    « Reply #2657 on: Jan 14, 2013, 02:42:51 pm »

Me too

Good to know. Maybe the next time I'm hanging out and having a cigar I'll just leave them on for a few hours.
    Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

• Advertisement

quazy50

• Road Star
      « Reply #2658 on: Jan 14, 2013, 02:51:05 pm »

Me too

Good to know. Maybe the next time I'm hanging out and having a cigar I'll just leave them on for a few hours.

Most individual LEDs use like 20mA and depending on the color will drive the voltage. But using an average of lets just say 3V to drive it you are talking like .06W. So for a 30 LED system (which would be a lot on a bike right?) that is 1.8W. This is nothing and you can have those on all night probably and you will be good to go.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #2659 on: Jan 14, 2013, 03:37:49 pm »
      A woman who worked for (possibly owned) an LED installation company said they had a fully decked-out bike that they let sit and the battery finally died after two full days of being lit without starting the bike.

AZ~Raider

• SEA-ROAR
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #2660 on: Jan 14, 2013, 04:27:49 pm »

Me too

Most individual LEDs use like 20mA and depending on the color will drive the voltage. But using an average of lets just say 3V to drive it you are talking like .06W. So for a 30 LED system (which would be a lot on a bike right?) that is 1.8W. This is nothing and you can have those on all night probably and you will be good to go.
      I have 177 LEDs on mine and let it sit for 3 hours before, no issues :cop:

Ike42

• Raider
      « Reply #2661 on: Jan 15, 2013, 08:41:33 am »
      A woman who worked for (possibly owned) an LED installation company said they had a fully decked-out bike that they let sit and the battery finally died after two full days of being lit without starting the bike.

Wow! I wonder how many lights were on the bike? I only have 60 on mine, so it might take more like a week to drain the battery!
      Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #2662 on: Jan 15, 2013, 08:54:36 am »

Me too

:ihntasiajptrmpc:  jut keeping the quoting insanity rollin' along  ;D

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #2663 on: Jan 15, 2013, 08:56:58 am »

Me too

Well done....  :applause:   ;D

July 2009

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #2664 on: Jan 15, 2013, 08:58:42 am »

Me too

I do what I can when I can  :yay:

AZ~Raider

• SEA-ROAR
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #2665 on: Jan 15, 2013, 11:52:48 am »

Me too

:postwhore: :postwhore: :postwhore:   LOL

Deyv

• Raider
      « Reply #2666 on: Jan 15, 2013, 12:33:03 pm »

Me too

:postwhore: :postwhore: :postwhore:   LOL

:agree: :cheers:

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #2667 on: Jan 15, 2013, 12:45:43 pm »
       :cop: 

OK... I'm as guilty as the next guy... but, this is one of the more popular threads so.... let's get this back on the subject.... :thumbs: 

July 2009

Pudge

• 2008 Raider - Fast Black
      • Raider
      « Reply #2668 on: Jan 16, 2013, 09:15:59 pm »

OK... I'm as guilty as the next guy... but, this is one of the more popular threads so.... let's get this back on the subject.... :thumbs: 

At risk of non-compliance . . .

Thanks Mr. T. I love this thread when it's on topic.
      jp

(sent from my Commodore 64)

AZ~Raider

• SEA-ROAR
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #2669 on: Jan 16, 2013, 10:34:57 pm »
      Mechanic told me what happened when i was at the shop yesterday....and as i left one of they guys asked the mechanic...."what is that? :o. ". The mechanic said..." its a Raider ...and is nice handing". then that guy asked the. guy at the counter when Harley started making them. neither had the guts to tell him......lol....he Will find out when i pass him by on the road some day.   ;D