Author Topic: Why blur out / black out license # on posts?  (Read 2163 times)

Professor

• Nothing but a good time!
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 44
    • Real Estate & Investment Professional
Re: Why blur out / black out license # on posts?
« Reply #15 on: Jul 19, 2016, 11:11:06 am »
Tinfoil hats keep the Government at bay.
2014 Raider SCL #463

Previous Bikes:
2006 Road Star Midnight Silverado
2002 V-Star Classic

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

NotSoNewbieAnymore

• Dallas Fort Worth
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #16 on: Jul 19, 2016, 11:20:05 am »

Yep, but how do we keep you at bay?
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have." - Thomas Jefferson

Fear is temporary, regret lasts a lifetime.

Terry

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
    • SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    « Reply #17 on: Jul 19, 2016, 11:20:52 am »

Ummm... Did you post this in the thread you wanted it in?...  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

• Advertisement

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 20
      « Reply #18 on: Jul 19, 2016, 11:28:55 am »
      I don't understand why even question it -  :shrug: - if a person feels more secure by blocking it out then good for them - doesn't matter if blocking it out has merit or not, it's a matter of perception.

Someone asked the OP why he hadn't blurred/blocked it, so he asked our opinion ... nothing more.
      I wasn't making a derogatory statement - it shouldn't matter what someone does with their personal property is all I was saying.

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #19 on: Jul 19, 2016, 12:11:31 pm »
      I wasn't making a derogatory statement - it shouldn't matter what someone does with their personal property is all I was saying.

Never said it was derogatory - but if we didn't care about what someone does with their property we would have a forum full of posts that did not have much in them  :lolsign: :givemebeer:

Fasttimez

• Warrior
      « Reply #20 on: Jul 19, 2016, 05:01:52 pm »
      Speaking of government (somewhere above).....we all had a meeting one Thursday morning at good ole Ft. Benning to inform us that several laptops had been stolen out of car that contained (in not so many words) our entire lives on them.  The laptops belonged to a medical officer......needless to say we were all very pissed.  They did nothing about it, only informed us we shoukd monitor our checking accounts & credit reports for awhile.   Gee Thanks.....

the urban legend

• Raider
      « Reply #21 on: Jul 19, 2016, 07:13:53 pm »

Ummm... Did you post this in the thread you wanted it in?...  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm sure he did.And it was f-in' funny too.
      I'd rather die on a motorcycle than live without one.

Bird Man 2

• Road Star
      « Reply #22 on: Jul 19, 2016, 07:26:32 pm »
      We need a like button...

PC-Raider

• Warrior
      « Reply #23 on: Jul 19, 2016, 08:20:21 pm »
      I don't understand why even question it -  :shrug: - if a person feels more secure by blocking it out then good for them - doesn't matter if blocking it out has merit or not, it's a matter of perception.

Someone asked the OP why he hadn't blurred/blocked it, so he asked our opinion ... nothing more.

I agree.  People can do what they want with their own personal property.  I was just wondering what people's rationale is for doing it.  That's all.

MrGood

• DE, MD, Northern VA and South Eastern PA Riders
      • Warrior
      « Reply #24 on: Jul 22, 2016, 12:38:02 pm »
      Lock and load, CYA cause no one else is gonna, and excellent info High Pockets thanks.  FOIA is a scary thing, easy on some notes and a lot of footwork/keystrokes on others~
      Shiny side up

SLK

• Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #25 on: Jul 23, 2016, 01:12:48 am »
      If someone want to come out to my house and break into my garage and steal my bike it's not a big deal.  First they have to make sure they don't wake me up and possibly get greeted by my 357.  If they are successful my home owners insurance will cover it fully or even my bike insurance will cover it fully.  I may be without a bike for a bit but what I get in return is a "new" bike with enough money to return it to the previous state or make it mine again with different add-ons.  I just don't sweat things like my plate being on the internet.
      Only a 357 I am thinking a 50AE is more like it.  Don't even need to pull the trigger just turn on light let them see the gun and then say Go Ahead Make My Day.  Quite effective last week 2.guys passed out and wet themselves in my garage. I really should not have done that to my son in laws.  ;D  ;D  ;D  just kidding.
      « Last Edit: Jul 23, 2016, 01:18:37 am by SLK »
      SLK   I ride a Yamaha because I prefer to ride the best

highwayman

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #26 on: Jul 23, 2016, 03:21:16 am »
      If someone want to come out to my house and break into my garage and steal my bike it's not a big deal.  First they have to make sure they don't wake me up and possibly get greeted by my 357.  If they are successful my home owners insurance will cover it fully or even my bike insurance will cover it fully.  I may be without a bike for a bit but what I get in return is a "new" bike with enough money to return it to the previous state or make it mine again with different add-ons.  I just don't sweat things like my plate being on the internet.
      Only a 357 I am thinking a 50AE is more like it.  Don't even need to pull the trigger just turn on light let them see the gun and then say Go Ahead Make My Day.  Quite effective last week 2.guys passed out and wet themselves in my garage. I really should not have done that to my son in laws.  ;D  ;D  ;D  just kidding.
      Yeah...not son in laws...now on the other hand...mother in laws might be ok  ;)

CHROMINATOR

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #27 on: Jul 23, 2016, 05:12:16 am »
      Yeah...not son in laws...now on the other hand...mother in laws might be ok  ;)

Hey, not all mother-in-laws are demons... Mine was only a witch...  :o

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #28 on: Jul 23, 2016, 06:20:52 am »

lol that's pretty funny rite there !   :D
      Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

CHROMINATOR

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #29 on: Jul 23, 2016, 07:10:14 am »

lol that's pretty funny rite there !   :D

I'm thinking he has never looked down the barrel of the business end of a 357 that he was not holding.  It's more than enough to get your attention...  ;)