Author Topic: Never seen a tire do this  (Read 1776 times)

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Never seen a tire do this
« Reply #15 on: Jul 23, 2016, 08:31:02 am »
If the shipping box was OK then it didn't happen in shipping.  My guess is it was like that when it was packed.  Either way do not use it.

tires usually don't get shipped in a box, most of the time they get strapped together with the thick plastic shipping straps.

my guess is someone stacked something heavy on it during shipping and done it in like that  :-\

Every tire I have ever gotten in the mail came in a box, 1 tire per box.  I open them and inspect, luckily I have never gotten one like Duke did.

My tires are never shipped in a box.  They have always come stretch wrapped, sometimes with corrugated covering the center.

Tire was ordered from MC Superstore.  Shipped out of Louisville via ups.  My guess is the tire was damaged at the maufacturer.  The only way the steel in the bead could have been bent that sharply is from being strapped way too tightly with steel strapping and being the top tire on the stack or skid.  OR is was crushed completely which is a possibility because it is seriously out of round with noticeable flat spots. 

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    « Reply #16 on: Jul 23, 2016, 08:35:30 am »
    Did yer dealer get the new one yet?  When you gonna hit MV?

:raider:

Yes we got a tire on and I will be picking it up this morning.

Should be in MV tomorrow afternoon, I plan on leaving early in the morning tomorrow  and taking the long way, hitting some cool roads north of Morganton and then taking the BRP from Linville Falls to Cherokee.

See you guys soon!   :raider:

Ride safe everyone!

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    « Reply #17 on: Jul 23, 2016, 10:29:20 am »
    I won't get there 'til Monday noonish.  Leaving here at 10 or 11 p.m. tomorrow night, so I will be going thru JAX in the wee hours of the mornin' missing the a**hole traffic there.  It's about a 14 hour ride.  May even stay dry all the way up.
    The Star Cruiser “Dark Matter”; named in recognition of the attractive force theorized to exist as an explanation of balance in the universe.

“…if you can make beer in space, life in space will be possible… it is a shortage of beer in space that is holding back further space exploration.”  Dr Walsh 2009

• Advertisement

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #18 on: Jul 23, 2016, 01:09:09 pm »
      I won't get there 'til Monday noonish.  Leaving here at 10 or 11 p.m. tomorrow night, so I will be going thru JAX in the wee hours of the mornin' missing the a**hole traffic there.  It's about a 14 hour ride.  May even stay dry all the way up.

Ok bro, see you there, and ride safe!