Author Topic: first ride  (Read 1387 times)

sscottab

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
first ride
« on: Aug 16, 2016, 07:50:34 pm »
as some on here know i have been healing from a accident and my wife rode my new 15 raider home last month, iam now at a point that i can wear boots again as long as i keep my anckle wrapped and the compression sock on. so now iam wearing boots it was time to take the new bike out for my first ride today did about 80 miles and love it plus now i dont need a bath tonight and bike got a free wash, it also helps that the wife is gone today and wont be home till tomorrow so she wasnt here to stop me. ;D

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 2
    Re: first ride
    « Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2016, 08:07:01 pm »
    Cool to hear a story like this... awesome your feeling better and back up on two wheels , IMO that's the best medicine you can take !  ;D
    Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    « Reply #2 on: Aug 16, 2016, 08:24:52 pm »
    Stories like that make me smile.  Glad to hear you finally saddled up, good medicine for sure!

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #3 on: Aug 16, 2016, 11:37:42 pm »
      Nice!!!   Glad you got to check it out and I assume since you did 80 miles, you were happy with your new Raider.

So when is the wife getting hers?

SCL#484

• Raider
      « Reply #4 on: Aug 16, 2016, 11:42:55 pm »
      nice :)
      ;LSRR's; SCL Club; SAC Club; FSD Club; PCV Club; Avon 240 Club; Custom Dynamic Club; PCS Club; Webslinger Club; JPD HotRod CLub; Chrome Whore Club; DGD Club; Cyclops Club; Ivan's ECU Re-flash Club; Roadlok Club; Fork Extension Club;

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #5 on: Aug 17, 2016, 05:56:26 am »
      Congrats! 
      Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
      Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

sscottab

• Road Star
      « Reply #6 on: Aug 17, 2016, 07:23:10 am »
      Nice!!!   Glad you got to check it out and I assume since you did 80 miles, you were happy with your new Raider.

not untill iam back to work and we get the settelment i may be able able to ride but iam a long way from being able to work on my feet all day i have a collapsel cane that fits in my bag

Professor

• Nothing but a good time!
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 44
        • Real Estate & Investment Professional
      « Reply #7 on: Aug 17, 2016, 07:26:42 am »
      Keeping on roll'in
      2014 Raider SCL #463

Previous Bikes:
      2006 Road Star Midnight Silverado
      2002 V-Star Classic

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #8 on: Aug 17, 2016, 12:37:04 pm »

not untill iam back to work and we get the settelment i may be able able to ride but iam a long way from being able to work on my feet all day i have a collapsel cane that fits in my bag

Almost 3 years ago I was having lower back issues and prior to surgery I could not drive a car comfortably, but was stretched out enough on the Raider where I could tolerate it. I also carried the collapsible cane in my saddlebag. It had to look weird with me getting off this bad ass bike and then going for my cane. Since surgery all is good and haven't had a cane since. Thank God!

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #9 on: Aug 18, 2016, 02:29:33 pm »
      Great news and glad it was a great first ride for you.  Funny thing is I pretty much feel that way every time I ride my Raider.  Just something about this bike that puts a big grin on the face with every mile that pasts...  ;D  Enjoy...  ;)

highwayman

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #10 on: Aug 18, 2016, 06:57:32 pm »

tejas240

• Road Star
      « Reply #11 on: Aug 20, 2016, 05:58:07 am »
      Yeah, just hang in there, It's been 9 months since a little 18yo bimbo on the phone sent my scl to heaven and put 10 screws in my knee, it was 5 months before I got another bike and rode again. I wanted a bagger this time so I got a Victory Magnum and I'm loving it, but as soon as I can get back to work there will be another Raider beside it in the barn  ;D

Badbluraider

• Raider
      « Reply #12 on: Aug 20, 2016, 06:46:39 am »
      Great to hear your and up and riding again. Then to go 80 miles on the first trip back is great. Jumping back on them seems to be good medicine.

After breaking my leg in 3 places and having a rod put in from knee to ankle the next day I was back riding around the yard with my right leg sticking straight out from a brace from my croch to my heel. This was done on a dirt bike almost 25 years ago. ;D

Keep stretching those rides out :raider:

sscottab

• Road Star
      « Reply #13 on: Aug 20, 2016, 05:14:36 pm »
      i was out again yesturday about 100 miles or so plan on going out tomorrow for the whole day iam back