Author Topic: Blinker bulbs  (Read 843 times)

Korg

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Blinker bulbs
« on: Oct 17, 2016, 02:05:59 pm »
Ugh, why is the front blinker so damn difficult to find locally and expensive?

My front left blinker went out so I decided just to change all 4 bulbs out so I don't have to worry about it later, but no one has the front blinkers in stock.
Only quitters quit.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    Re: Blinker bulbs
    « Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2016, 03:42:41 pm »
    Don't quote me on this, but I swear I picked up some from Walmart once.

the urban legend

• Raider
    « Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2016, 06:06:15 pm »
    I spoke to one of our suppliers at work about that very subject back in June.I wanted 1 or 2 spare bulbs for my trip to SERR just in case.I told him they look like 1157NA bulbs but with 3 pins at the base instead of 2.He didn't know what I was talking about,so I went outside and pulled out a front marker/blinker bulb and showed it to him.He's been searching ever since,and he's the bulb guy.
    Guess it's dealer only :shrug:
    I'd rather die on a motorcycle than live without one.

• Advertisement

Korg

• Road Star
      « Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2016, 10:43:46 pm »
      I spoke to one of our suppliers at work about that very subject back in June.I wanted 1 or 2 spare bulbs for my trip to SERR just in case.I told him they look like 1157NA bulbs but with 3 pins at the base instead of 2.He didn't know what I was talking about,so I went outside and pulled out a front marker/blinker bulb and showed it to him.He's been searching ever since,and he's the bulb guy.

Yeah that's what it seems.  OEM stuff oh well.  I ordered the bulbs. $24 later they'll be here tomorrow.  Just in time for my ride on Sunday.
      Only quitters quit.

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2016, 05:32:55 am »

Yeah that's what it seems.  OEM stuff oh well.  I ordered the bulbs. $24 later they'll be here tomorrow.  Just in time for my ride on Sunday.

$12.00 a bulb...  :yikes: That's absolute price gouging IMO.  But what can you do when there is only one source to get them?