Author Topic: Not Happy With New Chrome  (Read 3522 times)

KewlRaider

• SEA-ROAR
  • Roadliner
  • Referrals: 1
    • Kewl Kolors
Re: Not Happy With New Chrome
« Reply #15 on: Jan 06, 2017, 06:35:33 pm »
Got the call from SportsChrome today that they would indeed be reworking the wheel.  Was called by their receptionist so don't have any details about what caused the issues but at least they are fixing the problem. Just hope its not another 6 weeks before I get it back.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Clayton

• Mmm...🍺 Beer
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 2
    « Reply #16 on: Jan 06, 2017, 06:49:22 pm »
    Got the call from SportsChrome today that they would indeed be reworking the wheel.  Was called by their receptionist so don't have any details about what caused the issues but at least they are fixing the problem. Just hope its not another 6 weeks before I get it back.
    Next time u talk to them you should ask why they shipped it back like that in the 1st place?

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    « Reply #17 on: Jan 06, 2017, 07:17:37 pm »
    should have asked them to send you one that was ready out of their exchange stock
    Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
    Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

• Advertisement

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #18 on: Jan 07, 2017, 09:03:19 am »
      Good to hear they are taking care of the problem.  It speaks volumes about their customer service but those wheels should never have been sent out in the first place.  Not a great stance for quality control.

Fasttimez

• Warrior
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #19 on: Jan 11, 2017, 08:21:18 am »
      For starters, that wheel looks like straight crap....that wheel should have never been sent out looking like that, horrible QC on their part.  They should have shipped you out an in stock set they already had chromed for your exchange when they received them back & acknowledged they were below standard.  Making you wait another month or 2 for them to correct their mistake is an unacceptable business practice IMO.  Hope you have them back before Daytona Bike Week in March if you plan on going....Just another shop on my "avoid" list now.

KewlRaider

• SEA-ROAR
      • Roadliner
        • Kewl Kolors
      « Reply #20 on: Jan 11, 2017, 07:06:24 pm »
      For starters, that wheel looks like straight crap....that wheel should have never been sent out looking like that, horrible QC on their part.  They should have shipped you out an in stock set they already had chromed for your exchange when they received them back & acknowledged they were below standard.  Making you wait another month or 2 for them to correct their mistake is an unacceptable business practice IMO.  Hope you have them back before Daytona Bike Week in March if you plan on going....Just another shop on my "avoid" list now.

Yeah....Shouldn't have passed QC but I know it only takes one dumbass to screw it up...They have a pretty good rep from other guys on the forum who have used them so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt...Found out today that they expect to have them back on the way in about 7 days. 

Fasttimez

• Warrior
      « Reply #21 on: Jan 13, 2017, 08:41:49 am »

Yeah....Shouldn't have passed QC but I know it only takes one dumbass to screw it up...They have a pretty good rep from other guys on the forum who have used them so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt...Found out today that they expect to have them back on the way in about 7 days.

I hear ya bud.  For all you guys in VA, the best & only shop in town I would trust is Paul's Chrome.  They are know world wide for their excellent chrome finishes.  They quoted me a price of about $800 to do both my Raider wheels.  Turn around time was about 10-14 days depending on work load.  Best thing about it is, you can go drop your stuff off (if you live in VA) & actually talk to somebody face to face.  If there's a problem (which I doubt there will be), you can solve it face to face instead of over the phone or by email.  It's a high quality family run business.  I've had small pieces done by them & the finish was flawless. 
      http://www.paulschrome.com/index.php

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #22 on: Jan 13, 2017, 09:18:23 am »

I hear ya bud.  For all you guys in VA, the best & only shop in town I would trust is Paul's Chrome.  They are know world wide for their excellent chrome finishes.  They quoted me a price of about $800 to do both my Raider wheels.  Turn around time was about 10-14 days depending on work load.  Best thing about it is, you can go drop your stuff off (if you live in VA) & actually talk to somebody face to face.  If there's a problem (which I doubt there will be), you can solve it face to face instead of over the phone or by email.  It's a high quality family run business.  I've had small pieces done by them & the finish was flawless. 

Website says they are in PA?  :shrug:

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 20
      « Reply #23 on: Jan 13, 2017, 10:35:19 am »

You should have used http://www.simmonsmotorworks.com/page/page/1980862.htm they did all of woodogs chrome  ;D

Fasttimez

• Warrior
      « Reply #24 on: Jan 13, 2017, 11:34:48 am »

Website says they are in PA?  :shrug:
      Sorry, I meant PA instead of VA when saying you could drive & drop your stuff off.  They're only about 5hrs away from VA. 

1starraider

• Why so serious?
      • Warrior
      « Reply #25 on: Jan 18, 2017, 05:43:26 am »
      I got my wheels done at SportChrome but didn't have any issues. Glad they made it right.
      [img]http://www.roadstarraid

KewlRaider

• SEA-ROAR
      • Roadliner
        • Kewl Kolors
      « Reply #26 on: Feb 05, 2017, 05:01:24 pm »
      Finally got my rear wheel back from SportChrome and looks great.  Didn't get any kind of explanation on if the problem was with the chroming process or polishing...nor any kind of apology for sending it to me in that condition.  I sent my pulley and hub to Atlas Chrome in Texas and those came back great so any other chroming will go to them.

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #27 on: Feb 05, 2017, 05:22:08 pm »
      Finally got my rear wheel back from SportChrome and looks great.  Didn't get any kind of explanation on if the problem was with the chroming process or polishing...nor any kind of apology for sending it to me in that condition.  I sent my pulley and hub to Atlas Chrome in Texas and those came back great so any other chroming will go to them.
      glad you got it back now get that Raider back together!
      Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
      Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #28 on: Feb 05, 2017, 05:37:09 pm »
      glad you got it back now get that Raider back together!

+1 glad to hear all is good second time around 👍
      Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #29 on: Feb 06, 2017, 09:44:43 am »
      Good to hear!