Author Topic: Repairs/Upgrades  (Read 6372 times)

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Repairs/Upgrades
« Reply #15 on: Feb 19, 2017, 02:46:11 am »
Well finally done & back on the road today for a brisk 100 mile test drive.  Still have some cosmetic bits to bolt on, but happy how it came together.

Looking good Jason !
Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #16 on: Feb 19, 2017, 04:10:47 am »
    Looks good I  bet it felt good to ride again
    Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
    Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

Fasttimez

• Warrior
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #17 on: Feb 19, 2017, 06:57:13 am »
    Looks good I  bet it felt good to ride again
    Hell yes it did  ;D

• Advertisement

anc1ent1

• Engage!
      • Road Star
      « Reply #18 on: Feb 19, 2017, 07:33:54 pm »
      Well finally done & back on the road today for a brisk 100 mile test drive.  Still have some cosmetic bits to bolt on, but happy how it came together.
      Very nice ride ,I've always turned a decent wrench out of necessity,but from the before and after pics I am nothing but humbled by your expertise  :notworthy:
      Live Free And Ride Hard

Fasttimez

• Warrior
      « Reply #19 on: Feb 19, 2017, 07:57:35 pm »
      Very nice ride ,I've always turned a decent wrench out of necessity,but from the before and after pics I am nothing but humbled by your expertise  :notworthy:
      I've been running around with wrenches in my hand since I was a kid.  I couldn't go play with the other kids when I was 10 until I finished pulling the cylinder heads off dads race car.  My in-laws used to own a custom motorcycle shop I would help at from time to time also.  But I'm an Automotive Engineer by trade (turned my passion into dollars) & build test engines for a living.  So I do have a leg up on most people....LoL

Fasttimez

• Warrior
      « Reply #20 on: Feb 19, 2017, 08:01:28 pm »
      All that was done to my bike in a 12'x16' shed with basic hand tools.  Its not that hard if you take your time, patience is key.  This was my first time taking a Raider apart, it wasn't that bad.  Its all nuts & bolts just like anything else.

Fasttimez

• Warrior
      « Reply #21 on: Feb 20, 2017, 05:59:16 am »
      Here are some more angles of the bike.

anc1ent1

• Engage!
      • Road Star
      « Reply #22 on: Feb 20, 2017, 08:06:06 am »
      What is that piece mounted on the frame in front of the starter,oil cooler,air horn? :shrug:
      Live Free And Ride Hard

2nd Life

• Doin' Good
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #23 on: Feb 20, 2017, 08:21:18 am »
      What is that piece mounted on the frame in front of the starter,oil cooler,air horn? :shrug:
      Espresso machine. A must have for long trips.
      (not a mid-life crisis; just a better life :- )

Fasttimez

• Warrior
      « Reply #24 on: Feb 20, 2017, 08:24:54 am »
      It's a Wolo Bad Boy air horn.  Loud as all F*%k....LoL

anc1ent1

• Engage!
      • Road Star
      « Reply #25 on: Feb 20, 2017, 08:42:01 am »
      So the pipes make them piss their pants and the horn makes them shit their pants. lol :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
      Live Free And Ride Hard

Fasttimez

• Warrior
      « Reply #26 on: Feb 20, 2017, 11:14:00 am »
      So the pipes make them piss their pants and the horn makes them shit their pants. lol :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
      Yeah, I want NO excuses when the guy in the car says to the officer "I never even heard him".... ;D

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #27 on: Feb 21, 2017, 05:45:22 am »

Bike looks incredible.  I would only consider 1 more thing to clean things up.  The foil around the brake line is not needed and IMO looks out of place now that the stock exhaust is not covering it up.  There are several covers that can be purchased if you don't want the brake line to show.  I have the Mortons Frame cover, I think it does a great job at cleaning up the look of the lower frame.

Fasttimez

• Warrior
      « Reply #28 on: Feb 21, 2017, 06:17:34 am »

Bike looks incredible.  I would only consider 1 more thing to clean things up.  The foil around the brake line is not needed and IMO looks out of place now that the stock exhaust is not covering it up.  There are several covers that can be purchased if you don't want the brake line to show.  I have the Mortons Frame cover, I think it does a great job at cleaning up the look of the lower frame.
      I'm one step ahead of you Chrome.  The Mortons frame cover, along with Kuryakyn caliper covers, Kuryakyn Widow pegs, Chrome horn cover (so I can fill the empty space in the middle of the frame where the old horn was with a piece of chrome), Avon shift/brake pegs (that I'm gonna mod & install) are all on the way.  So I still have a little work left to do  ;D   I'm gonna wait till it's time for new tires, then I'm gonna do the chrome rims & reaper full wrap front fender.
      « Last Edit: Feb 21, 2017, 06:20:23 am by Fasttimez »

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #29 on: Feb 21, 2017, 06:25:12 am »

I'm one step ahead of you Chrome.  The Mortons frame cover, along with Kuryakyn caliper covers, Kuryakyn Widow pegs, Chrome horn cover (so I can fill the empty space in the middle of the frame where the old horn was with a piece of chrome), Avon shift/brake pegs (that I'm gonna mod & install) are all on the way.  So I still have a little work left to do  ;D   I'm gonna wait till it's time for new tires, then I'm gonna do the chrome rims & reaper full wrap front fender.

;)  Can't wait to see the finished... if that's a possibility... product.  It will look fantastic.