Author Topic: Exhaust help  (Read 2751 times)

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • SEA-ROAR
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
Re: Exhaust help
« Reply #15 on: Feb 07, 2017, 08:55:25 am »
I did not post the V&H 2-1 info to be confrontational I just repeated what I have read and I believe the Freedom Sharp Curves could be even better power wise than my V&H because it's 2-1-2, I'm speaking of pure 2-1 vs 2-2 not challenging anyones particular pipe.

Just giving the guy real info not based on looks.

Al, the FP sharp curves are 2-2 with a crossover.  At no point do they converge into one.  Because of the crossover it produces more back pressure giving it more power than if the crossover was not there.  The 2-1 will still produce more power than an exhaust with a crossover but without a dyno you won't be able to detect it.

Yea your right Bill, not sure why I thought it was the Sharp Curve that did that it's actually the stock pipe that goes 2-1-2 but in any event I know the Freedom is a very nice looking pipe but I would never surrender one Pony of HP for looks.

I would and am... When I get the Mistress D back she will be wearing FP Sharp Curve Radius...  ;D

Do me a favor and ride up to Chandler, so I can get a listen to them.

How about a half way meet in Gila Bend?

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

dreadly

• living the dream
    • Global Moderator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #16 on: Feb 07, 2017, 08:57:20 am »
    I would and am... When I get the Mistress D back she will be wearing FP Sharp Curve Radius...  ;D

Its just a paper thing unless you are making a full on drag bike ...  :)

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
    • SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    « Reply #17 on: Feb 07, 2017, 09:01:00 am »

Nope, I like the power but in the end it's all about the looks for me...  ;D

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #18 on: Feb 07, 2017, 09:02:08 am »
      I did not post the V&H 2-1 info to be confrontational I just repeated what I have read and I believe the Freedom Sharp Curves could be even better power wise than my V&H because it's 2-1-2, I'm speaking of pure 2-1 vs 2-2 not challenging anyones particular pipe.

Just giving the guy real info not based on looks.

Al, the FP sharp curves are 2-2 with a crossover.  At no point do they converge into one.  Because of the crossover it produces more back pressure giving it more power than if the crossover was not there.  The 2-1 will still produce more power than an exhaust with a crossover but without a dyno you won't be able to detect it.

Yea your right Bill, not sure why I thought it was the Sharp Curve that did that it's actually the stock pipe that goes 2-1-2 but in any event I know the Freedom is a very nice looking pipe but I would never surrender one Pony of HP for looks.

Do me a favor and ride up to Chandler, so I can get a listen to them.

How about a half way meet in Gila Bend?

I may need to do that.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #19 on: Feb 07, 2017, 09:02:50 am »

Nope, I like the power but in the end it's all about the looks for me...  ;D

Gotta agree with that.  The loss in power is minor, but looks are everything.

Fasttimez

• Warrior
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #20 on: Feb 13, 2017, 08:45:57 pm »
      I started the bike for the first time in a couple months & WOW, those Freedom pipes sound bad ass !!!  I was checking for any exhaust leaks before I bolt the heat shields on.  Man are those pipes loud  ;D

Clayton

• Mmm...🍺 Beer
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #21 on: Feb 13, 2017, 09:15:10 pm »
      I started the bike for the first time in a couple months & WOW, those Freedom pipes sound bad ass !!!  I was checking for any exhaust leaks before I bolt the heat shields on.  Man are those pipes loud  ;D
      For sure they are!! I luv mine!!

jeb6294

• Warrior
      • Referrals: 8
      « Reply #22 on: Feb 14, 2017, 09:28:04 am »
      Getting the heat shield on was the part I was dreading the most after hearing people talk about it.  Little trick I used was putting a strip of blue painter's tape on the heat shield where the little brackets are.  Made it easy to feed the hose clamp through.

Fasttimez

• Warrior
      « Reply #23 on: Feb 14, 2017, 09:00:39 pm »
      Getting the heat shield on was the part I was dreading the most after hearing people talk about it.  Little trick I used was putting a strip of blue painter's tape on the heat shield where the little brackets are.  Made it easy to feed the hose clamp through.
      That's a good idea.  It looks like the upper heat shield may be a little bit of a pain, the bottom seems pretty easy to slip on.

jeb6294

• Warrior
      « Reply #24 on: Feb 15, 2017, 12:19:16 pm »
      That's a good idea.  It looks like the upper heat shield may be a little bit of a pain, the bottom seems pretty easy to slip on.
      I think I ended up taking all the hose clamps out.  Even when they are undone completely, they still hold their shape which makes it easy to get them in the little bracket and feed them around the pipe.  Besides making it easy to see where the clamps go, the tape on there keeps the shield form getting scratched up.

Fasttimez

• Warrior
      « Reply #25 on: Feb 19, 2017, 08:07:24 pm »
      I think I ended up taking all the hose clamps out.  Even when they are undone completely, they still hold their shape which makes it easy to get them in the little bracket and feed them around the pipe.  Besides making it easy to see where the clamps go, the tape on there keeps the shield form getting scratched up.
      That tip you had was spot on man.  Removed the clamps completely, put tape where the clamps go, slid the shields on & fed the clamps right in with NO problems at all.  Thanks again for the install tip.

jeb6294

• Warrior
      « Reply #26 on: Feb 21, 2017, 10:39:35 am »
       :thumbs:
      That tip you had was spot on man.  Removed the clamps completely, put tape where the clamps go, slid the shields on & fed the clamps right in with NO problems at all.  Thanks again for the install tip.
      :thumbs: