Author Topic: Tachometers....again  (Read 15264 times)

Fasttimez

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Tachometers....again
« Reply #75 on: Mar 18, 2017, 11:37:23 am »
Here's the default settings of the Baker ATSD module.  I suggest substituting a X4 setting for one of the settings when ordering, it would be good to have if you ever needed it if you change tachs out. 

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

PaulyD

• Su Kai!
    • Road Star
    « Reply #76 on: Mar 19, 2017, 02:12:55 pm »

Clayton

• Mmm...🍺 Beer
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 2
    « Reply #77 on: Mar 31, 2017, 09:57:47 am »
    ... Honeywell company that took over Baker electronics?...

The Baker Electronics you're referring to is a supplier of aircraft cabin management systems and not the Baker Electronics of Texas http://www.bakerelectronix.com/.
    That's right, they spell it "Electronix".

Ah... OK, but they are still not processing any orders until after 27 March...  :(
    Bill did they process ur order yet?

• Advertisement

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #78 on: Mar 31, 2017, 03:44:03 pm »

The Baker Electronics you're referring to is a supplier of aircraft cabin management systems and not the Baker Electronics of Texas http://www.bakerelectronix.com/.

Ah... OK, but they are still not processing any orders until after 27 March...  :(

Have not heard anything but then I forgot all about it...  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  Thanks for reminding me, I will check tonight and see if anything has been done...  ;D

Clayton

• Mmm...🍺 Beer
      • Raider
      « Reply #79 on: Apr 12, 2017, 02:07:37 pm »

Have not heard anything but then I forgot all about it...  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  Thanks for reminding me, I will check tonight and see if anything has been done...  ;D
      You recieved your tach adapter yet?

CHROMINATOR

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #80 on: Apr 12, 2017, 02:31:51 pm »

You recieved your tach adapter yet?

No, Baker  will not be processing any orders until 21 Apr.

Clayton

• Mmm...🍺 Beer
      • Raider
      « Reply #81 on: Apr 12, 2017, 02:43:08 pm »
      Gaaaaaa!!! What is there problem??? Guess I'll just sit back and  :pint: :cheers:

CHROMINATOR

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #82 on: Apr 12, 2017, 04:28:24 pm »
      Gaaaaaa!!! What is there problem??? Guess I'll just sit back and  :pint: :cheers:

The company got bought out so I figure the delay is for the new owners to get comfy in what Baker was doing.

agrodsky

• V Star
      « Reply #83 on: Sep 04, 2020, 01:46:14 pm »
      I'm posting this on a couple forums in case someone else has tachometer issues with their Raider...
      I picked up my Raider this past February...2015 Raider Bullet Cowl...great ride! I'm old school and wanted a tachometer, so I installed a Barons Black Tachometer w/Black Face - BA-7570-01 on (Dennis Kirk Part #: 4000078).
      I installed the Barrons single fire tach adapter that came with the tach as directed. All connections are soldered, and the ground goes back to chassis ground.
      It looks really nice, but I had really bad needle bounce. I contacted Barrons support via email. They gave me a few ideas, but they were unable to help get rid of the needle bounce.
      I found someone on a forum who had a different model tach, and had needle bounce. They installed a Split second TA2-100 Tach adapter. I installed one on my bike and now the needle bounce is gone...steady and responsive.
      The Split Second Tach adapter TA2-100 will work with any tachometer, bike, car, or any engine that uses a coil to spark plug for engine combustion.
      Web site https://splitsec.com/product/ta2-100-tach-adapter
      Yeah I really didn't want to spend an extra $100, but it's worth it to get rid of the annoying needle bounce.

Badbluraider

• Raider
      « Reply #84 on: Sep 04, 2020, 07:36:08 pm »
      Glad that worked for you. I got the same tach and adapter as Fastimez and has been sitting in the box going on three years now. Someday I hope to put it on cuz I really do miss not having a tach ;D