Author Topic: HAMMERED DOWN ON THE THROTTLE!  (Read 2526 times)

Georgboy31

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: HAMMERED DOWN ON THE THROTTLE!
« Reply #60 on: Apr 01, 2017, 06:45:17 AM »
Light came on at 126 miles. Same pump fill up. 38mpg. Little more than 3.5 gal.
That's a lot better - there are some other factors at play - but you're pretty close to what you should be getting - now just go ride the beotch  ;D
You coming to the SERR in Maggie Valley - if you are you'll get in some good riding but most of all you'll meet some really great people - some that you've talked to here.
...........and your life will never be the same.
We shall see....I hope to make it up that weekend. Now, anyone else having problems with this yellow tree love sticking to their bikes?! Wow!

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Georgboy31

• Road Star
    « Reply #61 on: Apr 13, 2017, 02:22:57 PM »
    Should be in the 240 club this weekend. Has anyone heard of being able to run a 260 on the stock rim? A guy approached me at church two weeks ago saying that he had a 260 on his raider. I assumed he was just mistaken. Anywho...

Clayton

• Mmm...🍺 Beer
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 2
    « Reply #62 on: Apr 13, 2017, 02:30:00 PM »
    I would say a 260 Too big of a tire for a 7.5" rim. Probably would rub the swingarm. I wouldn't run anything larger than a 240 on my raider

• Advertisement

Georgboy31

• Road Star
      « Reply #63 on: Apr 13, 2017, 02:35:21 PM »
      My avon 240 should be at the house by now. I can't even see the tread line on the factory 210 anymore...

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 6
      « Reply #64 on: Apr 13, 2017, 02:39:09 PM »
      I would say a 260 Too big of a tire for a 7.5" rim. Probably would rub the swingarm. I wouldn't run anything larger than a 240 on my raider

PhysicsDude55 has a 260 on his stock rim and says it doesn't rub.  I don't know how it doesn't but that's what he says...  :shrug:

SLK

• Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #65 on: Apr 13, 2017, 02:46:55 PM »

PhysicsDude55 has a 260 on his stock rim and says it doesn't rub.  I don't know how it doesn't but that's what he says...  :shrug:

I,think it is because the wider tires need a wider rim to expand and keep a low profile.  The narrow rim causes the tire to stay narrow and bulge making it stand taller.  I could be wrong but it makes sense to me.
      SLK   I ride a Yamaha because I prefer to ride the best

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 6
      « Reply #66 on: Apr 13, 2017, 03:05:08 PM »

I,think it is because the wider tires need a wider rim to expand and keep a low profile.  The narrow rim causes the tire to stay narrow and bulge making it stand taller.  I could be wrong but it makes sense to me.

You're not wrong, my 240 on my 8.5" rim is slightly wider than the 250 on the stock 7.5" rim.

FSTTOYS

• V Star
      « Reply #67 on: Apr 20, 2017, 08:50:12 AM »
      Well here it goes. Tonight after leaving work I decided to try the 113 out. So from a stop sign I let it roar. Let me tell you; I need to get a tune or something. This engine is not what I thought it would be...my old Kawasaki Versys 1000 seemed to pull harder from a dig. That engine was an inline 4 with 120 hp and a 75 lb ft flatline tq curve.  Does anyone have any ideas.  I am an average sized guy (6'5" 275lbs), but this raider has to be down on power (I hope). The clutch feels strong, but I have a feeling the dyno will show the truth about the clutch.  I am just a little reluctant to spend $400 for a tuning session at livingood motorsports near where I live.

CAN NOT COMPARE INLINE 4 TO A V-TWIN.  that is an unfair comparison, my 81 750 Seca was faster getting there speed wise then my Raider, but the Seca did not have the stump pulling torque of my Raider.  My Seca had peak hp @  82.00 HP @ 9000 RPM. 

PC-Raider

• Roadliner
      « Reply #68 on: Apr 21, 2017, 12:14:49 AM »
      Well here it goes. Tonight after leaving work I decided to try the 113 out. So from a stop sign I let it roar. Let me tell you; I need to get a tune or something. This engine is not what I thought it would be...my old Kawasaki Versys 1000 seemed to pull harder from a dig. That engine was an inline 4 with 120 hp and a 75 lb ft flatline tq curve.  Does anyone have any ideas.  I am an average sized guy (6'5" 275lbs), but this raider has to be down on power (I hope). The clutch feels strong, but I have a feeling the dyno will show the truth about the clutch.  I am just a little reluctant to spend $400 for a tuning session at livingood motorsports near where I live.
      On a side note...I'm surprised nobody commented on the "Average size guy (6'5" 275)...here in Michigan I'm guessn average is more like 5'9" 175

:agree: I couldn't help chuckling.  I'm guessing that Georgboy31 grew up in a very "large" family, if you know what I mean, for him to feel that he's only "average".  Come to think of it though, he is an average sized guy ... on an NFL team that is!   ;) ;)

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 3
      « Reply #69 on: Apr 21, 2017, 08:17:17 AM »
      On a side note...I'm surprised nobody commented on the "Average size guy (6'5" 275)...here in Michigan I'm guessn average is more like 5'9" 175

:agree: I couldn't help chuckling.  I'm guessing that Georgboy31 grew up in a very "large" family, if you know what I mean, for him to feel that he's only "average".  Come to think of it though, he is an average sized guy ... on an NFL team that is!   ;) ;)

:rotfl: Point taken....  :rotfl:

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D