Author Topic: Memphis Shades Batwing ?  (Read 241 times)

str8poolbanger

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Memphis Shades Batwing ?
« on: Apr 11, 2017, 08:39:19 PM »
So I picked this up on the cheap cheap.   Don't know what exact year it came off of, my guy said pretty sure a '14 Raider.  My questions are:

1.  I know its Memphis Shades but I do not know which connecting system I need to purchase.

2.  Is there an insert I can bolt in to add speakers and a radio?

3.  Should I just try to fab something or use the Hogtunes if no answer to #2.  If Hogtunes, do they make a bigger kit than I'm finding with the cheap looking 50 watt amp?

4.  If it's free its for me, haha   that was the price to me for the fairing.

Thanks in advance.

Money on the wood, makes the bet look good!

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

MyRaider

• MyRaider
    • Raider
      • Sound Bite
    Re: Memphis Shades Batwing ?
    « Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2017, 09:26:02 PM »
    So I picked this up on the cheap cheap.   Don't know what exact year it came off of, my guy said pretty sure a '14 Raider.  My questions are:

1.  I know its Memphis Shades but I do not know which connecting system I need to purchase.

2.  Is there an insert I can bolt in to add speakers and a radio?

3.  Should I just try to fab something or use the Hogtunes if no answer to #2.  If Hogtunes, do they make a bigger kit than I'm finding with the cheap looking 50 watt amp?

4.  If it's free its for me, haha   that was the price to me for the fairing.

Thanks in advance.

Had to fab mine then have it made.

Torque to ya Later...Don't Forget to click the Globe Icon on left for SOUND BITE...

NordicMan

• Road Star
    « Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2017, 06:23:53 PM »
    Looks like that thing already has the "trigger lock" mounting plates attached. Cool!

All you need are the 4 mounting points that attach to your forks. The full trigger lock system costs $150, but maybe if you contact Memphis Shades & ask them can U buy just the mounting points maybe they'll work out a deal

http://www.memphisshades.com/application-charts/yamaha/batwing-fairing

Look around that shield & see if there's a part # somewhere,, make SURE it's for a Raider before spending any $$'s

• Advertisement

RedRaider

• Raider
      « Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2017, 07:59:16 PM »
      I thought about getting a hog tunes speaker for mine (not cheap but seems to be worth it) Only thing that has kept me from buying it is - - - - will I be able to get at the ignition without having to do the watusi every time I want to start the bike?? May work very well with a DGD  :shrug:

MyRaider

• MyRaider
      • Raider
        • Sound Bite
      « Reply #4 on: Apr 15, 2017, 08:09:32 PM »
      I thought about getting a hog tunes speaker for mine (not cheap but seems to be worth it) Only thing that has kept me from buying it is - - - - will I be able to get at the ignition without having to do the watusi every time I want to start the bike?? May work very well with a DGD  :shrug:

DGD, was the most practical answer for me it's pretty cool.
      Torque to ya Later...Don't Forget to click the Globe Icon on left for SOUND BITE...