Author Topic: Bags  (Read 802 times)

Pastor Jay

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 2
Bags
« on: Apr 13, 2017, 11:06:03 am »
Looking to get bags for my new raider: 2013 SCL. I am not a bag guy really but there are times they are needed. I prefer the water proof hard bag over the leather. Must be detachable so I can put on and off quickly. Is there such a thing. What do you recomend? Would love to see the bags on your bike if you could attach a picture if they re not on your avatar.
Thanks.
The most important step in your life is the one you are taking right now.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
    • SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    Re: Bags
    « Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2017, 01:55:42 pm »
    Check out my profile I have the Tsukayu Jumbo Hard Bags that are quick release.  Very nice bags.  On and off in seconds.  The only thing I don't care about them is that they stick out too far from the fender for my liking but then I only use them when I travel.

Pastor Jay

• Road Star
    « Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2017, 04:21:08 pm »
    Thanks Chrominator, I will give them a look. Sounds like exactly what I am looking for. I too only used the bags on trips.

• Advertisement

wfm113

• Road Star
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2017, 06:10:30 am »
      I have Yamaha bags and a Oigo bag that straps over the seat. Bought directly from them online great bag and price when I got it.
      Ride safe

MyRaider

• MyRaider
      • Raider
        • Sound Bite
      « Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2017, 06:32:08 am »
      I have Yamaha bags and a Oigo bag that straps over the seat. Bought directly from them online great bag and price when I got it.
      Ride safe

Mine are hard simulated Leather the advantage to simulated is they don't fade or crack and black matches everything. I'm extremely happy with mine I have a about a bazillion pictures on my profile.

Torque to ya Later...Don't Forget to click the Globe Icon on left for SOUND BITE...

highwayman

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #5 on: Apr 14, 2017, 03:45:29 pm »
      Ride safe

Mine are hard simulated Leather the advantage to simulated is they don't fade or crack and black matches everything. I'm extremely happy with mine I have a about a bazillion pictures on my profile.

Do the bags tilt in at the bottom or is it just a camera angle thing?

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 20
      « Reply #6 on: Apr 14, 2017, 05:03:09 pm »
      Looking to get bags for my new raider: 2013 SCL. I am not a bag guy really but there are times they are needed. I prefer the water proof hard bag over the leather. Must be detachable so I can put on and off quickly. Is there such a thing. What do you recomend? Would love to see the bags on your bike if you could attach a picture if they re not on your avatar.
      Thanks.
      I used Leatherlyke for years - good product - they come off and go on quick and easy;

http://leatherlyke.com/products/catalog/cross-country-motorcycle-saddlebags-yamaha-raider

MyRaider

• MyRaider
      • Raider
        • Sound Bite
      « Reply #7 on: Apr 14, 2017, 05:15:53 pm »
      Ride safe

More or a Quick Release thing if you hard mount them probably not so much.
      Torque to ya Later...Don't Forget to click the Globe Icon on left for SOUND BITE...

Pastor Jay

• Road Star
      « Reply #8 on: Apr 15, 2017, 07:09:13 am »
      Ride safe

I like those bags. I have a detachable back rest as it looks like you do as well. No problem? Exactly what model bags are those, They look like quick detachable, are they. Does the hardware come with? Where would I look for them.
      Thank you.

Pastor Jay

• Road Star
      « Reply #9 on: Apr 15, 2017, 07:23:09 am »
      Highwayman, beautiful bags. Nice paint job. Those are not quick release are they?
      Who is the manufacturer  Where did you get them?
      Thanks.