Author Topic: Error code 37 : Injector 2 solenoid is activated 5 times per second.  (Read 3253 times)

ultra12

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
37 : Injector 2 solenoid is activated 5 times per second.

So I got this error causing the check engine sign to go one. After about 20 minutes of ridding it goes away. ( happened once last year and today ) Bike works fine (as far as I can tell). Can someone explain to me what the hell it means and perhaps how to fix it.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Phalcun

• I'd rather be riding my Raider!!
    • Road Star
    error code 37 is  for fault in the ISC circuit (if you still have one) "ISC valve is stuck open", idle speed would be high.  In diagnostic mode #37 is for activating injector #2

ultra12

• Road Star
    Thank you. I re-read your post a half a dozen time but still have no idea what it is and how to fix it(not very mechanicly inclined as you can see)  Can some one dumb it down for me.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

• Advertisement

kmelnik

• V Star
      If you Search My Turn- High Idle Speed thats was written I believe by TRaider-John on May 27 2012........it explains it very well..... i too am not very mechanical but I think I get it now. These fellows on this Forum are GREAT explaining things.

Phalcun

• I'd rather be riding my Raider!!
      • Road Star
      Sorry, it was easier to quote, the number 37 that comes up is for the ISC,  also called IOC, the solenoid that controls air flow at idle, I have no idea if this code is generated by a higher than expected idle speed or is checking the solenoid circuit itself.  The tech manual gives you some items to check.  I Wouldn't think it should hurt  to run until ya get it repaired.
      « Last Edit: Apr 16, 2017, 01:33:01 pm by Phalcun »

ultra12

• Road Star
      Would Ivan's reflash possibly be the cause of that?  It usually happens after hard ridding. If that's the case I would rather have check engine pop up every so often than go back to stock ecu

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 20
      Would Ivan's reflash possibly be the cause of that?  It usually happens after hard ridding. If that's the case I would rather have check engine pop up every so often than go back to stock ecu
      You'd need to call Ivan and ask him that - but I don't think it would.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      I had the same thing happen on my 2012 Raider a couple of times. I did not have Ivan's flash on that one. Unfortunately the Raider was totaled before I ever found out what the issue was. It also happened to me when doing a good distance of riding at once.