Author Topic: another exhaust question  (Read 364 times)

sscottab

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
another exhaust question
« on: Apr 16, 2017, 02:10:27 PM »
ok finally able to start my upgrades iam looking at a couple different exhaust systems just woundering if anyone is running these and have a sound clip i could hear been looking on the web none found first is http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/LA_Choppers_Barons_Curved_Exhaust_System_Slash_Cut_p/1810-1578.htm and the second is http://www.ebay.com/itm/331998408994?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT and i also found this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/282243139642?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT iam not a huge fan of the curved but these curved are not to bad.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

jeb6294

• Roadliner
    • Referrals: 3
    Re: another exhaust question
    « Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2017, 11:41:40 AM »
    If there is any way for you to hear them in person, I would highly recommend it.  I listened to every video I could find when I was trying to decide on an exhaust, and the Freedom 2-2's I ended up getting still sounded 10x better in person than they did in any video.

Between mediocre mics on webcams and smartphones, they can't do a great job recording the sound.  Even if somebody set up a really good system, you're most likely going to be listening through some crappy computer speakers.

To be honest, I think the Raider is going to sound pretty good no matter what pipes you put on it.  They all have little differences, but they're all going to sound good.  For most, the big deciding factor is the look.

RedRaider

• Raider
    « Reply #2 on: Apr 17, 2017, 07:32:44 PM »
    They all sound good once you take the baffles out.  :pint:

• Advertisement

sscottab

• Road Star
      « Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2017, 05:11:18 AM »
      thanks for the replies but alass there is no other raiders in the group i ride with and only on occasion do i see one and it is usually riding .

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2017, 07:58:44 AM »
      Most aftermarket pipes sound similar to me ... get the ones that are visually appealing to you

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 18
      « Reply #5 on: Apr 18, 2017, 08:44:50 AM »
      In 9 years I've ridden with over 100 Raiders - I've heard just about every exhaust made for the Raider - they all sound good. If you want to get an increase in performance go with a 2-1 - if not then just get the ones that look best to you - regardless you should be a happy camper.

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 3
      « Reply #6 on: Apr 18, 2017, 08:54:43 AM »
      I have the LA Choppers and really like them.   I like not having the rear wheel covered, especially with a chromed wheel... but then, I'm a  :cw:

But as everyone else has stated, they're all good so, choose what YOU like.   :thumbs:

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

PC-Raider

• Roadliner
      « Reply #7 on: Apr 19, 2017, 01:36:13 AM »
      Hey sscottab - I had LA Choppers NASTY BOY "Wicked Curves" (your choice #1) on my Raider for several years.  I swapped them out for Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Radius (similar but not exactly your choice #2) a couple years ago.  I am not familiar with your choice #3.  Both #1 & #2 are louder than the Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 1 that are very popular and as Roadkill stated, the 2 into 1 are supposed to give slighter better performance.  #1 has a louder, sharper edge and #2 has a little more of a rumble and isn't quite as loud.  If you like loud, the Nasty Boys will not disappoint.  Hope this helps.

sscottab

• Road Star
      « Reply #8 on: Apr 19, 2017, 05:32:17 PM »
      i like loud but not ear bleeding and perfer a deeper rumble

PC-Raider

• Roadliner
      « Reply #9 on: Apr 19, 2017, 09:00:54 PM »
      i like loud but not ear bleeding and perfer a deeper rumble

That said, you'd probably like your #2 better than your #1.  The V&H Big Radius also have a nice low rumble.  As previously stated, while there are differences in sound when you hear the pipes side by side, you're probably going to be pleased with anything you pick.  Like the look and you'll probably be satisfied with the sound.  That big v-twin will snort if you give it some room!