Author Topic: Question for those with speakers  (Read 1262 times)

BrettInAtl

• Roadliner
  • Referrals: 0
Question for those with speakers
« on: Apr 17, 2017, 08:44:40 pm »
I don't have any speakers on my bike but I was doing a little reading on it. My question is do you have to have marine grade speakers in a fairing like a batwing? I would assume you do but I couldn't seem to find a definitive answer and I thought I read on a thread here a member saying he ran regular car stereo speakers. Anyone that can let me know what you have and why I would appreciate it.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 2
    Re: Question for those with speakers
    « Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2017, 08:48:59 pm »
    I think marine would def be the way to go if you wash your bike a lot or ride in the rain ... if not I think in a batwing they are pretty protected and would be ok not using marine grade
    Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #2 on: Apr 17, 2017, 09:08:34 pm »
    I have pioneer 6x9 5way speakers that are not Marine grade, most speakers are polypropylene cones which are plastic, the guy are the stereo shop said are you going to be riding  in a salty atmosphere, no said don't waste my money,he did suggest spraying the speakers with scotch guard. About once a year which I have not, they are 3 years old, have been rode with in the rain  more then I care to and still work great
    « Last Edit: Apr 17, 2017, 09:11:14 pm by 69quadracer »
    Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
    Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

• Advertisement

MyRaider

• MyRaider
      • Raider
        • Sound Bite
      « Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2017, 04:54:35 am »
      Mine are not either and I had them installed by a certified Rockford Fosgate dealer they are designed where the woofer is all one piece they can handle some water but not like marine grade speakers in a boat.

You can kind of see where the woofer is all one piece in the picks below.

Torque to ya Later...Don't Forget to click the Globe Icon on left for SOUND BITE...

BrettInAtl

• Roadliner
      « Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2017, 05:38:06 pm »
      I have pioneer 6x9 5way speakers that are not Marine grade, most speakers are polypropylene cones which are plastic, the guy are the stereo shop said are you going to be riding  in a salty atmosphere, no said don't waste my money,he did suggest spraying the speakers with scotch guard. About once a year which I have not, they are 3 years old, have been rode with in the rain  more then I care to and still work great

You know what, it may have been your post I was reading that you said the guy told you that. I searched so many different posts in so many different forums, I can't remember. But yours gave you no problems after 3 yrs? That's good to know. Do you have full grills over them? Use any special chems when you wash the bike?

BrettInAtl

• Roadliner
      « Reply #5 on: Apr 18, 2017, 05:40:40 pm »
      Mine are not either and I had them installed by a certified Rockford Fosgate dealer they are designed where the woofer is all one piece they can handle some water but not like marine grade speakers in a boat.

Very cool. That gives me some piece of mind cause I was thinking about picking up these...

https://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosgate-T1693-Full-Range-Speakers/dp/B002G9DO9M/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Thanks man!

MyRaider

• MyRaider
      • Raider
        • Sound Bite
      « Reply #6 on: Apr 18, 2017, 06:25:02 pm »

Very cool. That gives me some piece of mind cause I was thinking about picking up these...

https://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosgate-T1693-Full-Range-Speakers/dp/B002G9DO9M/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Thanks man!

Dude, I'd be so happy if you got those cause if I could fit 6x9's in anyway those would be the one's I'd be getting.

Happy!!! aka Jealous!!!

Dude pound it out those will Jam....
      Torque to ya Later...Don't Forget to click the Globe Icon on left for SOUND BITE...

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #7 on: Apr 18, 2017, 06:59:38 pm »
      My buddy has 6x9 Focal K2's in the batwing he put on his road king and hands down best sounding 6x9 I have heard in any batwing bar none!! they are crystal clear and are loud as Hell !! They are pricey but like he said "one and done" and I agree fully !

http://www.focal-america.com/

My bad I thought He had K2's... But this is the set-up he has , called to verify with him ! Its a component set-up

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_091ISS690/Focal-Integration-ISS-690.html
      « Last Edit: Apr 18, 2017, 07:48:10 pm by Zxdave »
      Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #8 on: Apr 18, 2017, 07:47:12 pm »

You know what, it may have been your post I was reading that you said the guy told you that. I searched so many different posts in so many different forums, I can't remember. But yours gave you no problems after 3 yrs? That's good to know. Do you have full grills over them? Use any special chems when you wash the bike?
      just the grills that came with the speakers and as raw as cleaners just S100 or  autmotive soap
      Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
      Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

BrettInAtl

• Roadliner
      « Reply #9 on: Apr 19, 2017, 05:52:48 pm »
      M.R. you are a nut man!

Dave, those look sweet but reading the reviews had me looking like  :silly:

Quad, thanks again man. Good info and peace of mind

MyRaider

• MyRaider
      • Raider
        • Sound Bite
      « Reply #10 on: Apr 20, 2017, 06:49:10 am »
      M.R. you are a nut man!

Dave, those look sweet but reading the reviews had me looking like  :silly:

Quad, thanks again man. Good info and peace of mind

Well this has been confirmed with over 2.5k invested in stereo equipment & installation but my Boom Box has a Raider attached to it. ;D

« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2017, 07:01:46 am by MyRaider »