Author Topic: Ivan's New & Improved  (Read 7559 times)

MyRaider

• MyRaider
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 0
    • Sound Bite
Re: Ivan's New & Improved
« Reply #255 on: May 19, 2017, 01:57:05 PM »
Does Ivan still have separate tunes for different set ups? Or is he giving everyone the same tune?

Not sure... :shrug:
Torque to ya Later...Don't Forget to click the Globe Icon on left for SOUND BITE...

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

PaulyD

• Su Kai!
    • Road Star
    Re: Ivan's New & Improved review
    « Reply #256 on: May 19, 2017, 08:21:37 PM »
    I ordered a ECU flash for my PCV.   I had a lot problems not related to the ECU but found out the PCV was bad.

Ivan was incredibly supportive and helpful.

Here is the nitty:

I was getting like 30 mpgs with the ECU and PCV.

I removed the PCV ONLY and went up to almost 45 MPG

Sent in my ECU for the latest Flash and went down to 40 MPG (Yes, I calculate a lot)

I am going to send it in and ask it be flashed to the previous version.

Will advise:

« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 11:02:35 PM by PaulyD »

AlabamaRaider

• Road Star
    « Reply #257 on: May 19, 2017, 08:31:55 PM »
    Did you gain any power/ torque? if so, it is worth the 5mpg loss, i think.

• Advertisement

PaulyD

• Su Kai!
      • Road Star
      « Reply #258 on: May 19, 2017, 11:21:55 PM »
      Actually it feels worse now... meaning missing some zip.

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 6
      « Reply #259 on: May 20, 2017, 05:09:58 AM »
      Does Ivan still have separate tunes for different set ups? Or is he giving everyone the same tune?

Not sure... :shrug:

As far as the ECU flash itself they are all the same for the current update.  If you are using a PCV the map will be different for the setup on your bike dependent on your exhaust and air or if you have done a big bore kit on your bike.

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 18
      « Reply #260 on: May 20, 2017, 07:23:18 AM »
      If I could I'd like to ride the Raider that Ivan used to perfect the flash and updated version - it's gotta be bad azz

Badbluraider

• Road Star
      « Reply #261 on: May 20, 2017, 07:33:43 AM »
      If I could I'd like to ride the Raider that Ivan used to perfect the flash and updated version - it's gotta be bad azz
      Me too!!!

CHROMINATOR

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #262 on: May 20, 2017, 08:35:51 AM »
      Me too!!!

I can't imagine that Raider being any more bad azz than any other Raider with the same set-up or any other Raider for that matter.  The ECU programing is the same for every flash out there for the Raider with the newest update.

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #263 on: May 20, 2017, 08:43:16 AM »
      Me too!!!

I can't imagine that Raider being any more bad azz than any other Raider with the same set-up or any other Raider for that matter.  The ECU programing is the same for every flash out there for the Raider with the newest update.
      How do you know he didn't tweak that one a little more  :shrug:

MyRaider

• MyRaider
      • Raider
        • Sound Bite
      « Reply #264 on: May 20, 2017, 09:39:16 AM »
      Me too!!!

Let me say this Ivan's a very clever guy, when I met him in person for my first Flash I could kind of get the sense he measured me and gave me the Flash but didn't release the gauntlet.

I feel extremely confident he can do whatever you can imagine to a Raider within the safe operating range of the machine, he does not want to jeopardize our machines or our safety you can see it in his personality he is a Stand Up Guy no question about it.

He could have made my bike faster no doubt about it, but he didn't want me decking all around on a 145MPH Raider but I believe whole heartedly he can even make it do 150 if he wanted to.
      Torque to ya Later...Don't Forget to click the Globe Icon on left for SOUND BITE...

CHROMINATOR

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #265 on: May 20, 2017, 10:08:36 AM »
      Me too!!!

Let me say this Ivan's a very clever guy, when I met him in person for my first Flash I could kind of get the sense he measured me and gave me the Flash but didn't release the gauntlet.

I feel extremely confident he can do whatever you can imagine to a Raider within the safe operating range of the machine, he does not want to jeopardize our machines or our safety you can see it in his personality he is a Stand Up Guy no question about it.

He could have made my bike faster no doubt about it, but he didn't want me decking all around on a 145MPH Raider but I believe whole heartedly he can even make it do 150 if he wanted to.

I'm sure he can do this and that or almost any other thing to these machines.  That being said wondering what the bike he used to make the flash is all speculation.  Odds are the flash he has on his Raider is the flash we have on ours.  And yes, even that is speculation.  The very first flash was done on Ken's (t84a) Raider to which he received more flack from members here when he introduced the flash to the forum.  Now there is nothing but praise for the work Ivan has done for our Raiders.  Hell Ken could have said nothing and unless Ivan came to the site to advertise none of us would have been any wiser about it.  Thank you Ken for sharing the single best mod, IMO for the Raider.  And thank you Ivan for making it even better...  ;D

MyRaider

• MyRaider
      • Raider
        • Sound Bite
      « Reply #266 on: May 20, 2017, 10:23:32 AM »
      Me too!!!

I'm sure he can do this and that or almost any other thing to these machines.  That being said wondering what the bike he used to make the flash is all speculation.  Odds are the flash he has on his Raider is the flash we have on ours.  And yes, even that is speculation.  The very first flash was done on Ken's (t84a) Raider to which he received more flack from members here when he introduced the flash to the forum.  Now there is nothing but praise for the work Ivan has done for our Raiders.  Hell Ken could have said nothing and unless Ivan came to the site to advertise none of us would have been any wiser about it.  Thank you Ken for sharing the single best mod, IMO for the Raider.  And thank you Ivan for making it even better...  ;D

Amen!!! Chromie could not have said it any better  :rolleyes: well maybe a little but...
       :agree:

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #267 on: May 20, 2017, 10:56:36 AM »
      Me too!!!

Well just bust my bubble will you

CHROMINATOR

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #268 on: May 20, 2017, 11:48:53 AM »
      Me too!!!

;D

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #269 on: May 20, 2017, 01:18:14 PM »
      Me too!!!

;D
      So you admit you're a prick