Author Topic: Viking Hardbags  (Read 639 times)

AlabamaRaider

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Viking Hardbags
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2017, 06:27:31 AM »
The permanent bags connect, as I measured, is about 1.75 inches away. the quick disconnect is about 2 inches away. So, only about 1/4 inch extra. I think it is worth it. I did not have saddle bags before but I like the way these fit and the look is great.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Matt_Krush

• Road Star
    « Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 06:27:39 AM »
    I had this style Viking bags on quick release brackets for a few years..

[/URL][/img]

Ultimately, I didn't like far away from the bike the QR brackets put them and one of them always rattled and squeaked. The bags were too small and the velcro on the lids was more cumbersome than it was worth. The bags themselves were good value for the money.

I never really found myself taking them off so when I switched out I didn't go back to the QR brackets.

I ended up switching to River Road brand this year...

MrGood

• DE, MD, Northern VA and South Eastern PA Riders
    • Warrior
    « Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 08:30:01 AM »
    Nice, I like those Viking bags for sure.  Shape goes well, even better with a liner fender in back I hope!
    Shiny side up

• Advertisement

BiggerBike

• V Star
      « Reply #18 on: May 20, 2017, 07:46:29 PM »
      The permanent bags connect, as I measured, is about 1.75 inches away. the quick disconnect is about 2 inches away. So, only about 1/4 inch extra. I think it is worth it. I did not have saddle bags before but I like the way these fit and the look is great.

AlabamaRaider, how rigid are the bags with the quick disconnect mount?  And side-to-side movement, or rattling?

AlabamaRaider

• Road Star
      « Reply #19 on: May 21, 2017, 07:05:51 PM »
      The hard bags are very stable and no movement or rattling. I rode 5 hours today and noticed  at high speeds the hard bags affected the bike's handling. The front felt soft and edgy. I was worried at first but I think saddle bags somehow change a bike's dynamics.

Anyone had such an experience with saddlebags at high speeds?

leondegrance

• Road Star
      « Reply #20 on: May 21, 2017, 08:26:24 PM »
      I have two sets of viking bags, but only because the first set I got, had a poor locking mechanism, so they kept flipping open on the highway.  I contacted Viking and they sent me a new set of bags with different locks.  I have yet to try the new bags, as I had a welder fix the locks on the old ones, and now they work fine.  I don't particularly care for the locks on either set, but they work. 

These are the bags I put on.

https://www.vikingbags.com/lamellar-black-medium-leather-covered-motorcycle-hard-saddlebags-11232-prd1.htm

MyRaider

• MyRaider
      • Raider
        • Sound Bite
      « Reply #21 on: May 21, 2017, 09:03:46 PM »
      I have two sets of viking bags, but only because the first set I got, had a poor locking mechanism, so they kept flipping open on the highway.  I contacted Viking and they sent me a new set of bags with different locks.  I have yet to try the new bags, as I had a welder fix the locks on the old ones, and now they work fine.  I don't particularly care for the locks on either set, but they work. 

https://www.vikingbags.com/lamellar-black-medium-leather-covered-motorcycle-hard-saddlebags-11232-prd1.htm

I've got the same bags I love the bags but the locks suck for sure.
      Torque to ya Later...Don't Forget to click the Globe Icon on left for SOUND BITE...

Flipper

• SEA-ROAR Member
      • Warrior
        • JW Publishing Corp
      « Reply #22 on: May 21, 2017, 09:55:49 PM »

You interested in selling a set of bags?  I have been thinking about getting bags on my Raider.

Flipper
      Stealth Bike

Simplicity and Logic do not fit in Government Work!

leondegrance

• Road Star
      « Reply #23 on: May 22, 2017, 07:50:06 AM »

You interested in selling a set of bags?  I have been thinking about getting bags on my Raider.

Flipper

Since I am in the market for some floorboards, I could sell my extra set.  PM me if you are interested.