Author Topic: Ivan shipping questions???  (Read 743 times)

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 18
Re: Ivan shipping questions???
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2017, 08:49:00 AM »
Just to clear up some confusion....

When there is a credit card payment attached to the transaction, I don't allow someone to provide their own shipping for the reasons stated on my form.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

For ECU updates, I don't mind if you provide your own shipping because there is no Visa/MC sale attached to the ECU.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Ares,

It's always less money to ship to a business or hold at location than a residence.... (Fed-Ex's rules)

I hope this makes things clearer....

For those with ADD (referring to nobody in particular)... please read the above about 6 times slowly   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ivan

I'm confused, you say it's less to ship to a business than to a residence.  I overnighted mine to your business and it cost me $20.00 more to get it there than it cost you to get it too my residence.  :shrug:
Probably because he has a business account

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
    • SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 6
    « Reply #16 on: May 17, 2017, 09:54:09 AM »

When there is a credit card payment attached to the transaction, I don't allow someone to provide their own shipping for the reasons stated on my form.

For ECU updates, I don't mind if you provide your own shipping because there is no Visa/MC sale attached to the ECU.

Ares,

It's always less money to ship to a business or hold at location than a residence.... (Fed-Ex's rules)

_______________________________________________________________________________

For those with ADD (referring to nobody in particular)... please read the above about 6 times slowly   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ivan

I'm confused, you say it's less to ship to a business than to a residence.  I overnighted mine to your business and it cost me $20.00 more to get it there than it cost you to get it too my residence.  :shrug:
    Probably because he has a business account

That's entirely possible and could be that if I had a business account myself and had him send it to my residence it would have cost more from him to me.  What I would like to know is if that is possibly the case because he said to a business, not from a business.

dreadly

• living the dream
    • Global Moderator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #17 on: May 17, 2017, 10:58:14 AM »
    That's entirely possible and could be that if I had a business account myself and had him send it to my residence it would have cost more from him to me.  What I would like to know is if that is possibly the case because he said to a business, not from a business.

If it's that important to you, call and ask. I'm sure he will explain it to you.

• Advertisement

CHROMINATOR

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #18 on: May 17, 2017, 11:16:34 AM »

If it's that important to you, call and ask. I'm sure he will explain it to you.

Because it might just be something other members might be thinking and he can just answer it once here instead of repeating it numerous times on the phone.

fingertight

• Road Star
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #19 on: May 17, 2017, 11:46:59 AM »

Because it might just be something other members might be thinking and he can just answer it once here instead of repeating it numerous times on the phone.

I have a UPS account.  It is cheaper for me to send a package than someone without one because I get a volume discount, not specifically because I am a business.  If I send it to a business it is even cheaper.  You'd have to ask UPS and FedEx why that is the case.  It is also cheaper to have it held at a UPS location for pick up for obvious reasons.  My discount gets bigger the more I use them.  I send a lot of packages, maybe more than Ivan, because my own return shipment back from him would have cost me about $8 less than what he charged me.  Or maybe he adds a few bucks to package it, pay for the box and bubble wrap, tape, print the label, etc.  All reasonable in my opinion. 

Answered.  :D  Let's let Ivan focus on making our bikes faster and better.  :raider:
      2008 Yamaha Raider S
      2014 MV Agusta F4RR
      1982 Suzuki GS850L

CHROMINATOR

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #20 on: May 17, 2017, 12:47:05 PM »

I have a UPS account.  It is cheaper for me to send a package than someone without one because I get a volume discount, not specifically because I am a business.  If I send it to a business it is even cheaper.  You'd have to ask UPS and FedEx why that is the case.  It is also cheaper to have it held at a UPS location for pick up for obvious reasons.  My discount gets bigger the more I use them.  I send a lot of packages, maybe more than Ivan, because my own return shipment back from him would have cost me about $8 less than what he charged me.  Or maybe he adds a few bucks to package it, pay for the box and bubble wrap, tape, print the label, etc.  All reasonable in my opinion. 

Answered.  :D  Let's let Ivan focus on making our bikes faster and better.  :raider:

He's already done that...  ;)

MyRaider

• MyRaider
      • Raider
        • Sound Bite
      « Reply #21 on: May 17, 2017, 01:36:45 PM »

He's already done that...  ;)

I'll tell ya can't understand how anyone can ride it any other way.  :shrug:
      Torque to ya Later...Don't Forget to click the Globe Icon on left for SOUND BITE...

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 18
      « Reply #22 on: May 17, 2017, 01:40:32 PM »

Ares,

Ivan
      Bill did you read this?

CHROMINATOR

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #23 on: May 17, 2017, 03:01:14 PM »

Ares,

Ivan
      Bill did you read this?

Yes I did, I even highlighted the statement in question.  I only asked because I spent more to send to his business than I spent to get it back to my residence.  Sorry but I see it as a contradiction to the statement as it was written.  And I did use Fed Ex.  Based on the statement I would have thought it would have cost me more to get it shipped back to my residence but it was $20.00 less then to get it to him at his business.
      « Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 03:06:30 PM by CHROMINATOR »

Scoob

• 2012 ROM Winner
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #24 on: May 17, 2017, 03:21:13 PM »
      It cost me $22 to ship 2 ECUs there 3 day USPS Priority(insured for $1000) and it cost $36.00  to ship them Fed Ex 3 day to my business address on the way back.

CHROMINATOR

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #25 on: May 17, 2017, 03:49:42 PM »
      I am beginning to think my local Fed-Ex took me to the bank on this one...  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

MyRaider

• MyRaider
      • Raider
        • Sound Bite
      « Reply #26 on: May 17, 2017, 04:10:32 PM »
      I only have one complaint with FedEx they said I'd get my package yesterday and it came today kinda a bummer cause I waited around for it, but in the end all's good.

It's only 265 miles away from me but 24 to 19 to come home $43 total. Sent on Friday got it on Wednesday should have been Tuesday but I might have messed them up cause I considered holding it at the transfer station then change my mind when I seen it was an hour away.

Torque to ya Later...Don't Forget to click the Globe Icon on left for SOUND BITE...

jeb6294

• Roadliner
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #27 on: May 18, 2017, 10:12:01 AM »
      My ECU is on its way to NY.  Called for afternoon storms this afternoon and rain for the next several days so I yanked it out of the bike this morning on my way out the door.  Took it to the post office a couple blocks away and got 'er took care of.