Author Topic: Vance & Hines Big radius 2-1 Packing  (Read 235 times)

xmanrigger

• Roadliner
  • Referrals: 0
Vance & Hines Big radius 2-1 Packing
« on: May 12, 2017, 12:42:52 PM »
Hey guys, I got about 54,000 KM on my Raider now. I put V&H 2-1 exhaust on it when I bought it new. Seems as though pipes are much louder now, and almost feels as though the power curve has changed. I wondering if there is packing in the muffler section, and if so, I want to take it apart and replace packing. Has anyone done this, and how difficult to disassemble muffler and reassemble to replace packing?

2012 Raider / V&H Big Radius 2-1 / Cobra Fi2000 DFP / Baron Stealth Big Air / Avon AV72 Cobra Rear Tire /

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

MyRaider

• MyRaider
    • Raider
      • Sound Bite
    Re: Vance & Hines Big radius 2-1 Packing
    « Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 12:47:23 PM »
    Hey guys, I got about 54,000 KM on my Raider now. I put V&H 2-1 exhaust on it when I bought it new. Seems as though pipes are much louder now, and almost feels as though the power curve has changed. I wondering if there is packing in the muffler section, and if so, I want to take it apart and replace packing. Has anyone done this, and how difficult to disassemble muffler and reassemble to replace packing?

Just this little piece on the end has a little packing on it should be easy to re-wrap.

Torque to ya Later...Don't Forget to click the Globe Icon on left for SOUND BITE...

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    « Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 02:04:29 PM »
    I pulled my baffle shortly after the pipes went on and removed the packing... runs and sounds better IMO , that's been 3-4 years ago now
    Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

• Advertisement

Blackmeat

• V Star
      « Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 05:43:20 AM »
      Most of the content you bring to this site is very helpful to me.

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 6
      « Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 08:43:06 AM »
      The packing is at the end but if you got 54,000 KM on the exhaust it is not going to be easy getting the baffle out to rewrap.  The exhaust built up really holds the baffle in.  When I wanted to add the Thunder Monster to mine the shop couldn't get it out without damaging it.  Had to buy a new baffle.