Author Topic: Riding Story  (Read 369 times)

Luke

• 2011 Raider - Roll on!
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 1
Riding Story
« on: May 13, 2017, 12:58:28 AM »
Today.  Well. On a ride with a fellow friend.  I was on a curve in a road with not much visibility throughout the turn, and a raccoon decided to cross my path while its still light time.  D*m it should not be out yet.  I barely missed him while swerving out of his path going from left to right.  I steered left on a right turn while predicting the raccoons reaction to keep walking his way.  Thank god he did.  Only had less than a moment to react.  Dam this raider can respond quickly.  I think the Raider touched its tail, but barely.  What a rush!   If I hit the Raccoon I could have been in the hospital.  I was traveling at speeds of 50 to 60 MPH.  My friend riding behind me saw it all and stated it could have gone very bad it you hit it, considering the circumstances of the turn. 

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

MyRaider

• MyRaider
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 0
      • Sound Bite
    Re: Riding Story
    « Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 01:34:56 AM »
    Today.  Well. On a ride with a fellow friend.  I was on a curve in a road with not much visibility throughout the turn, and a raccoon decided to cross my path while its still light time.  D*m it should not be out yet.  I barely missed him while swerving out of his path going from left to right.  I steered left on a right turn while predicting the raccoons reaction to keep walking his way.  Thank god he did.  Only had less than a moment to react.  Dam this raider can respond quickly.  I think the Raider touched its tail, but barely.  What a rush!   If I hit the Raccoon I could have been in the hospital.  I was traveling at speeds of 50 to 60 MPH.  My friend riding behind me saw it all and stated it could have gone very bad it you hit it, considering the circumstances of the turn.

Wow good riding....glad you're ok!!!
    Torque to ya Later...Don't Forget to click the Globe Icon on left for SOUND BITE...

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    « Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 06:31:43 AM »

Wow good riding....glad you're ok!!!

Agreed!
    The Star Cruiser “Dark Matter”; named in recognition of the attractive force theorized to exist as an explanation of balance in the universe.

“…if you can make beer in space, life in space will be possible… it is a shortage of beer in space that is holding back further space exploration.”  Dr Walsh 2009

• Advertisement

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 06:32:30 AM »
      Good heads up riding bro, that defiantly could have turned out bad 
      Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 18
      « Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 11:52:57 AM »
      Next time you go riding be sure to take these along with you
      <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDW6HOLInMQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDW6HOLInMQ</a>

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 12:35:35 PM »
      I could have used some of those this morning after eating at IHOP and drinking a pot of coffee! 

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 04:21:37 PM »
      Now I can't get that song out of my head.
      The Star Cruiser “Dark Matter”; named in recognition of the attractive force theorized to exist as an explanation of balance in the universe.

“…if you can make beer in space, life in space will be possible… it is a shortage of beer in space that is holding back further space exploration.”  Dr Walsh 2009

fingertight

• Road Star
      « Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 10:50:49 AM »
      Glad you were able to react in time with no ill effects other than your drawers a little soiled.  Reminds me of a time I was on the MV in full, knee down, blind curve at about 60MPH and there was a flat, dead squirrel right in my path.  No chance of changing direction.  The front and rear tire both slid over a few inches as each ran over the squirrel (felt like a foot) and the bike wobbled quite a bit but stayed on the tires and relatively on my line.  Hats off to MV for putting together such an amazing handling bike.   Definitely could have used Shittens.  I don't do blind curves like that anymore.  :)
      2008 Yamaha Raider S
      2014 MV Agusta F4RR
      1982 Suzuki GS850L

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 11:39:38 AM »
      Very glad to hear you avoided that and I bet the raccoon is too.

Luke

• 2011 Raider - Roll on!
      • Warrior
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 01:05:13 PM »
      I think the Myself and the Raccoon needed the shittens after that.  If it was not for the leaves on the trees I would of had better site distance on that particular curve.   Nice road but that one curve can come up on a rider fast.  Just after that a Rabbit decided to get in my path but it darted back into the grass.  I was on a straight at that point.  At least a Rabbit is more squishy than a Raccoon.  After all that, it was time to put the bike up for the day.  Did not need anymore surprises.

fingertight

• Road Star
      « Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 03:16:34 PM »
      Glad you had the best outcome for the both of you.
      2008 Yamaha Raider S
      2014 MV Agusta F4RR
      1982 Suzuki GS850L

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 6
      « Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 07:26:33 AM »
      That could have ended up very bad, kudos for keeping your cool and reacting as you did.  It's amazing what you can do in a split second when you need too...