Author Topic: For the Love of Power...  (Read 1140 times)

MyRaider

• MyRaider
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 0
    • Sound Bite
For the Love of Power...
« on: May 15, 2017, 06:36:55 pm »
Ok, so I send my ECU off FedEx Friday $24 with $500 insurance. Ivan got it updated the Flash and it's on its way home I'll get by end of day tomorrow.

Great small snag Gina calls me said Ivan said I need to take the PCV off or set map to zero... (like I can do that :o)

So I pull the PCV off and I find my $3000 stereo tapped into my PCV for a free ride, we'll I had to snip a little red wire electric tape it up to keep my stereo cranking.

All for The Love of Power...

Oh BTW $19 to come home FedEx so $43 both ways for updated ECU. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: now I pray I didn't snip the wrong wire.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 08:44:01 pm by MyRaider »
Torque to ya Later...Don't Forget to click the Globe Icon on left for SOUND BITE...

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Badbluraider

• Raider
    Re: For the Love of Power...
    « Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 06:43:20 pm »
    Ok, so I send my ECU off FedEx Friday $24 with $500 insurance. Ivan got it updated the Flash and it's on its way home I'll get by end of day tomorrow.

Great small snag Gina calls me said Ivan said I need to take the PCV off or set map to zero... (like I can do that :o)

So I pull the PCV off and I find $3000 stereo tapped into my PCV for a free ride, we'll I had to snip a little red wire electric tape it up to keep my stereo cranking.

Oh BTW $19 to come home FedEx so $43 both ways for updated ECU. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: now I pray I didn't snip the wrong wire.

So am I understanding that Ivan suggests to either take off the PCV or set maps to zero?

MyRaider

• MyRaider
    • Raider
      • Sound Bite
    « Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 06:53:20 pm »

So I pull the PCV off and I find $3000 stereo tapped into my PCV for a free ride, we'll I had to snip a little red wire electric tape it up to keep my stereo cranking.

So am I understanding that Ivan suggests to either take off the PCV or set maps to zero?

Correct
    Torque to ya Later...Don't Forget to click the Globe Icon on left for SOUND BITE...

• Advertisement

Badbluraider

• Raider
      « Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 05:11:07 am »

Correct
      Got it, thought that is what Ivan suggest but seems like a lot of guys are leaving PC on for now. Which I can understand at first.

MyRaider

• MyRaider
      • Raider
        • Sound Bite
      « Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 05:40:40 am »

Correct
      Got it, thought that is what Ivan suggest but seems like a lot of guys are leaving PC on for now. Which I can understand at first.

That was my plan too, I had no intention of taking it off if I didn't have too but as soon as Gina told me I had to I marched right out to garage an started taking it off.

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 07:58:48 am »
      a zero map is the same as not having a PC on more or less

MyRaider

• MyRaider
      • Raider
        • Sound Bite
      « Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 08:37:47 am »
      a zero map is the same as not having a PC on more or less

yes

MyRaider

• MyRaider
      • Raider
        • Sound Bite
      « Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 10:49:04 am »
      It's amazing the things we learn, for The Love of Power.

I personally wish I could just pay everytime somethings not the way I want, so seeing I'm not that financially endowed I fixed up my garage and bought a bunch of tools and geared up for the long haul.

Gonna be a wild ride.....

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 01:12:45 pm »
      If you have not done a big bore kit on your bike the PCV or Power Pro or what ever fuel management system you may have IS NOT NEEDED!  Ivan told me that because of my big bore kit I would need to leave my Power Pro installed.  It is and the Mistress D is running better than ever.  I FEDEX mine overnight and it was $150.00 round trip but I didn't mind.  I didn't want to wait for a week or more to get it back.  I sent it out on Monday at 1:00 PM and had it back on Wednesday at 10:30 AM in plenty of time to get it installed and take a ride...  Less than 48 hours from drop off to return delivery.   ;D

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 08:40:03 am »
      If you have not done a big bore kit on your bike the PCV or Power Pro or what ever fuel management system you may have IS NOT NEEDED!  Ivan told me that because of my big bore kit I would need to leave my Power Pro installed.  It is and the Mistress D is running better than ever.  I FEDEX mine overnight and it was $150.00 round trip but I didn't mind.  I didn't want to wait for a week or more to get it back.  I sent it out on Monday at 1:00 PM and had it back on Wednesday at 10:30 AM in plenty of time to get it installed and take a ride...  Less than 48 hours from drop off to return delivery.   ;D

.... and the results?   

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 10:33:54 am »

.... and the results?

Great as I posted in some other threads.  1st and 2nd gear now have much more pull than they did before the improved flash.  I no longer have the idle issue with it reving high at stops.  As Ivan said, it is a very noticeable difference...  ;D