Author Topic: Boss audio install.  (Read 1245 times)

papa_t

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Boss audio install.
« on: May 23, 2017, 12:09:06 pm »
Got a Boss 1000 watt MCBK470B Bluetooth audio. It has its own 10 amp inline fuse. Is the spare circuit controlled by the switch on the right handlebar a good candidate to power it? Also it has a remote volume control. If mounted in the left coil cover, will I pick up unwanted rf noise as a result? Again it is only a volume control so the signal shouldn't be affacted right? Thanks

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 2
    Re: Boss audio install.
    « Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 07:34:57 pm »
    I would say the volume control would be fine in the oil cover... As far as the power goes I would run the power wire directly to the battery and use the aux power your talking about on the right side bar (connector in headlight bucket) ... I would hook the remote power wire to that so you can turn the system on and off with the handle bar aux switch !

Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

MyRaider

• MyRaider
    • Raider
      • Sound Bite
    « Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 08:28:18 pm »
    I would say the volume control would be fine in the oil cover... As far as the power goes I would run the power wire directly to the battery and use the aux power your talking about on the right side bar (connector in headlight bucket) ... I would hook the remote power wire to that so you can turn the system on and off with the handle bar aux switch !

Did you say Oil cover  :poke: how you gonna change the volume? When you change the Oil. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Torque to ya Later...Don't Forget to click the Globe Icon on left for SOUND BITE...

• Advertisement

papa_t

• V Star
      « Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 09:19:41 pm »
      Wait, not sure I'm clear. Power (red) from the battery ok. remote power? unclear. can I use the neg through the headlight and therefore the switch?

papa_t

• V Star
      « Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 03:19:28 pm »
      Well had to figure it out myself. Just ran to keyed spare connector under seat and changed the fuse to 10 amp.

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 07:35:08 pm »

Did you say Oil cover  :poke: how you gonna change the volume? When you change the Oil. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

lol I forgot the "C" !

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 07:39:39 pm »
      Wait, not sure I'm clear. Power (red) from the battery ok. remote power? unclear. can I use the neg through the headlight and therefore the switch?

The system should have a larger "red" maybe Power wire that supplies power to the Amp/unit ... then it should have a smaller "yellow, blue, orange etc. " signal/remote wire that youd want to hook into the switched Aux power from the handlebar switch and that power connector is the one in the headlight. The unit should have a "black" ground wire and that just needs to be grounded to the frame etc

The Signal/remote wire is for turning the unit on , the main "red" larger wire is the all time hot to supply the power/amps needed to run the amp

MyRaider

• MyRaider
      • Raider
        • Sound Bite
      « Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 07:40:37 pm »

lol I forgot the "C" !

Lol.. ;)
      Torque to ya Later...Don't Forget to click the Globe Icon on left for SOUND BITE...

papa_t

• V Star
      « Reply #8 on: May 27, 2017, 04:11:18 am »

The system should have a larger "red" maybe Power wire that supplies power to the Amp/unit ... then it should have a smaller "yellow, blue, orange etc. " signal/remote wire that youd want to hook into the switched Aux power from the handlebar switch and that power connector is the one in the headlight. The unit should have a "black" ground wire and that just needs to be grounded to the frame etc

The Signal/remote wire is for turning the unit on , the main "red" larger wire is the all time hot to supply the power/amps needed to run the amp
      The MCBK470B doesn't have a remote on wire. I just changed the fuse for the under seat spare circuit and it is key on. Thanks for the response though.

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #9 on: May 27, 2017, 07:54:51 am »

The MCBK470B doesn't have a remote on wire. I just changed the fuse for the under seat spare circuit and it is key on. Thanks for the response though.

So it only has Two wires (power & ground) co ming off the amp/control box ?

Only thing I'd think would be a issue is that amp may put more Amp draw on that circuit then it can handle.

papa_t

• V Star
      « Reply #10 on: Jun 06, 2017, 10:00:13 am »
      I was concerned too but after running it and actually having it loud enough to hear at 70+ I have found no problems. So its a win I guess.

So it only has Two wires (power & ground) co ming off the amp/control box ?

Only thing I'd think would be a issue is that amp may put more Amp draw on that circuit then it can handle.

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #11 on: Jun 06, 2017, 12:08:56 pm »
      Good deal , glad to hear it's working great !