Custom Raider

Author Topic: So what happened to you while riding?  (Read 41880 times)

Batwood

• SEA-ROAR
  • Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: So what happened to you while riding?
« Reply #270 on: Sep 11, 2012, 01:50:34 AM »
OK, so this happened a few months back.... I was on my way home from my wives work..so happens tp be a bar..lol.. and of coursae it's raining(the joy). So as I'm getting close to the house, about 2 blocks, I see a truck coming toward me with something flapping from the bed. Well thaqt something was a queen size matress. Of course it wasn't ties down at all I don't think, cause when the truck got up to speed off came the matress heade right at me. As I said it was raining so just slamming the brakes was not the thing to do. So, on this little 2 lane road it's me, the truck, and now the matress, and its wet... I must have had my sister watching from above that day...no other expliantion I an give. I saw the matress hit the road and it bounced...I gunned it, ducted, and prayed. Somehow I came out on the other side in one piece and still on the bike that I for sure thought I was gonna get knocked off of and die. I was shaking so bad I stopped and as bad as I wanted to I couldn't even go after the moron that by the way never stopped to get his matress...prob a good thing...I called my wife, went home and thanked God I was able to.
You can get by on charm for about 15 min. After that you better know something!!!

MYRDR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: Sep 11, 2012, 03:43:46 AM »
I would say you were really being looked out after.  That's not a situation I would ever want to be in...  :yikes:

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: Sep 11, 2012, 08:32:06 AM »
OK, so this happened a few months back.... I was on my way home from my wives work..so happens tp be a bar..lol.. and of coursae it's raining(the joy). So as I'm getting close to the house, about 2 blocks, I see a truck coming toward me with something flapping from the bed. Well thaqt something was a queen size matress. Of course it wasn't ties down at all I don't think, cause when the truck got up to speed off came the matress heade right at me. As I said it was raining so just slamming the brakes was not the thing to do. So, on this little 2 lane road it's me, the truck, and now the matress, and its wet... I must have had my sister watching from above that day...no other expliantion I an give. I saw the matress hit the road and it bounced...I gunned it, ducted, and prayed. Somehow I came out on the other side in one piece and still on the bike that I for sure thought I was gonna get knocked off of and die. I was shaking so bad I stopped and as bad as I wanted to I couldn't even go after the moron that by the way never stopped to get his matress...prob a good thing...I called my wife, went home and thanked God I was able to.

You definitely had an angel on your shoulder.  You're a lucky man.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

Batwood

• SEA-ROAR
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: Sep 11, 2012, 11:42:18 PM »
I would say you were really being looked out after.  That's not a situation I would ever want to be in...  :yikes:

Without a doubt my sis was there. And I don't ever want to be in any thing near that again...almost pooped myself...
You can get by on charm for about 15 min. After that you better know something!!!

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: Nov 15, 2012, 11:41:32 AM »
So I'm riding in and this guy comes flying up in the lanes next to me at about 95 mph and gets in front of me.  He doesn't cut me off, so no big deal.  Then he comes up on an SUV and wants to get around and slides over and starts splitting lanes (highly illegal in AZ) and cuts around the SUV with only inches to spare.  The SUV swerves a bit to miss him.  I know this sounds typical for a sport bike rider. The thing is, this was a VW sedan.  What a total ass!

The nice part of my trip was a rider on a nice looking Victory caught up to me and we rode together for a while until he had to turn off. He gave a wave and I got to see his bike. It looked like a Victory Highball and was all blacked out except for the concave area on the tank was white.  It was sharp looking.  It had some pretty good sized apes on it and they fit the bike well.

jhow2133

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: Nov 15, 2012, 11:54:17 AM »
So I'm riding in and this guy comes flying up in the lanes next to me at about 95 mph and gets in front of me.  He doesn't cut me off, so no big deal.  Then he comes up on an SUV and wants to get around and slides over and starts splitting lanes (highly illegal in AZ) and cuts around the SUV with only inches to spare.  The SUV swerves a bit to miss him.  I know this sounds typical for a sport bike rider. The thing is, this was a VW sedan.  What a total ass!

The nice part of my trip was a rider on a nice looking Victory caught up to me and we rode together for a while until he had to turn off. He gave a wave and I got to see his bike. It looked like a Victory Highball and was all blacked out except for the concave area on the tank was white.  It was sharp looking.  It had some pretty good sized apes on it and they fit the bike well.
Have a buddy with a highball.  It is a nice bike but wouldn't take it over the Raider.
I have big plans...

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: Nov 15, 2012, 11:56:13 AM »

Have a buddy with a highball.  It is a nice bike but wouldn't take it over the Raider.

I agree, but wouldn't mind having one in my garage.

tice

• AZ Group
  • Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: Nov 15, 2012, 12:10:47 PM »
When I was looking at buying my Raider last year my wife keep telling me to check out the Highball, or black bike as she called lol, I liked it alot but wanted the Raider. Really wouldnt mind added one too.

jhow2133

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: Nov 15, 2012, 08:21:32 PM »
I like the chrome.  I like the bars on the highball bit that's it.
I have big plans...

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: Nov 26, 2012, 09:55:56 AM »
Had a bit of a scare yesterday...  I was heading back home after playing a couple of games of racquetball with my son.  I had left my liner in my jacket even though it was 80+ out because I was being lazy and didn't want to mess with removing it or the splitter cable that goes from the bottom of my jacket and up each sleeve for my heated gloves.  I just rode with my jacket open.  So I'm riding along and something gets my attention off to my side and I realize the cable has slipped out of my right sleeve and was caught on something.  I immediately pull over. Getting off the bike was a task since I had a cable caught that was limiting my movement, but I managed to slip out of my jacket.  I look down and was freaked out.  The cable had slipped out from my right arm and dropped down and wrapped around the back axil and was stuck between the belt guard and the belt itself just flapping around.  This could've gone so bad.  So I removed the cable and the jacket liner and took it home.  I managed to ding up the jack to the cable to where it's a little tight trying to connect to the glove, but considering how bad this could've gone, I'm very happy with it.  Worse case I buy a new $15 cable.

I will now be doing something to secure the cable to the sleeve so there's no chance of this happening again.

Pudge

• 2008 Raider - Fast Black
  • Raider
    • View Profile
So what happened to you while riding?
« Reply #280 on: Nov 26, 2012, 10:09:53 AM »
Glad you're ok! Scary!
jp

(sent from my Commodore 64)

Deyv

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: Nov 26, 2012, 10:22:10 AM »
Glad you're okay...

Deyv
Non Clementia!
Non Captivus!

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: Nov 26, 2012, 10:58:18 AM »
Had a bit of a scare yesterday...  I was heading back home after playing a couple of games of racquetball with my son.  I had left my liner in my jacket even though it was 80+ out because I was being lazy and didn't want to mess with removing it or the splitter cable that goes from the bottom of my jacket and up each sleeve for my heated gloves.  I just rode with my jacket open.  So I'm riding along and something gets my attention off to my side and I realize the cable has slipped out of my right sleeve and was caught on something.  I immediately pull over. Getting off the bike was a task since I had a cable caught that was limiting my movement, but I managed to slip out of my jacket.  I look down and was freaked out.  The cable had slipped out from my right arm and dropped down and wrapped around the back axil and was stuck between the belt guard and the belt itself just flapping around.  This could've gone so bad.  So I removed the cable and the jacket liner and took it home.  I managed to ding up the jack to the cable to where it's a little tight trying to connect to the glove, but considering how bad this could've gone, I'm very happy with it.  Worse case I buy a new $15 cable.

I will now be doing something to secure the cable to the sleeve so there's no chance of this happening again.
Yikes  :o
Thnings like that are never fun to deal with.  I hate having equipment problems.  I had an HD Jacket fail years ago and and it wasn't a fun experience.  Had the jacket open up on me while doing 85mph and acted like a parachute.  I wasn't ready for it and it almost pulled my hands off the bars.  So in heavy traffic I had to make an emergency stop on the shoulder while trying not to lose my jacket.  Last time I wore that one.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

Lrdofh8

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: Nov 26, 2012, 11:04:55 AM »

Get the Gerbing heated liner.  it comes with plugs for the gloves sewn in.  No chance of that ever happening again.  I know you said before you werent interested in the liner, but I'm tellin ya man, its soooo nice.

This is my shield. I bear it before me into battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my brother on my left. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow nor my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me facing the enemy.

Fj_Ohio

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: Nov 26, 2012, 12:36:58 PM »
Scary stuff Ares. Good to hear nothing bad happened.
FJ