Author Topic: HANDLEBAR GROUP BUY FROM CRUISER PERFORMANCE....UPDATE!!  (Read 35817 times)

chalomalo

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • https://www.google.com/maps/place/900+Henderson+Ave,+Sunnyvale,+CA+94086/@37.3582543,-122.0046932,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x808fb5e4a8e04429:0xb98b58565cc11616?hl=en-US
HANDLEBAR GROUP BUY FROM CRUISER PERFORMANCE....UPDATE!!
« Reply #240 on: Jul 12, 2012, 03:59:44 pm »
Somewhere on these topics I took a look at these bars and ordered them. They'll be all chromed out though:

http://www.cruiserperformance.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CPH%2D6500B

Regards,
Chalomalo
Regards,
chalomalo

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Brad de Leon

• Road Star
    Re: HANDLEBAR GROUP BUY FROM CRUISER PERFORMANCE....UPDATE!!
    « Reply #241 on: Nov 27, 2012, 06:59:28 am »
    Late to the party, does anyone know if there are any discounts available to members for purchase do the VTX 1.50 punisher series bars from Cruiser performance. Current price is $229.  These are the ones with the 13" pullback.  Has anyone bought these? How is the geometry with that much pullback?
    Will need new throttle cables, recommendations?
    Thanks, Brad

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
    • SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    « Reply #242 on: Nov 27, 2012, 07:06:51 am »
    Late to the party, does anyone know if there are any discounts available to members for purchase do the VTX 1.50 punisher series bars from Cruiser performance. Current price is $229.  These are the ones with the 13" pullback.  Has anyone bought these? How is the geometry with that much pullback?
    Thanks, Brad

Save yourself the time and headaches you will get trying to deal with getting your bars in any kind of realistic time frame.  I have the bars you are talking about, they are great but they were damaged in transport and it took over two months to get another set which did not come from them, Phat Performance had them sitting in their warehouse.  many here have been waiting months to get their bars only to get one promise then another as to why they don't have them yet.  Read this thread for a complete story of what Cruiser Performance is doing.  https://www.roadstarraider.com/index.php?topic=17661.msg326352#msg326352

• Advertisement

budaman

• Raider
      • Referrals: 10
      « Reply #243 on: Nov 27, 2012, 07:13:49 am »
      Thanks, Brad
      Brad check with Phat Performance they are a retailer of those bars they may have another set in there stock. If not I would start looking for other bars.
      2010 & 2012 ROM WINNER

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #244 on: Nov 27, 2012, 07:25:06 am »
      Thanks, Brad
      Brad check with Phat Performance they are a retailer of those bars they may have another set in there stock. If not I would start looking for other bars.

Pete, Brad, according to Phat I got the only set they had but hey, a phone call could only confirm or deny that.  Who knows they may just have another set back in there some where...  :shrug:

Madcow

• Liquid lighting
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #245 on: Nov 27, 2012, 07:28:21 am »
      I got the wrong bars after two months of waiting. I started to ask for my $$ back and got an email and call from Quincy. My impression was he was quite sorry for the mix up and will send me a new set at no charge. That was Nov. 14 supposed to ship the week of the 19th. This is the email I got after the 21st.

" I was hoping to get them out this week, but the chromer said that we had an unpaid bill. I will be paying them on Friday when I drop off the handlebars. They will be going out next week for sure. I will send you the tracking nmber, then."

................................ :o ...................................
      "Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries." - James A. Michener
      May your road be smooth yet twisty.
      Let your mods turn all heads and torque make you thirsty.
      I hope the ride will take you to a place that makes your spirit sing.
      And put a smile on your face, for the blessings this day will bring.   Madcow 11

budaman

• Raider
      • Referrals: 10
      « Reply #246 on: Nov 27, 2012, 08:02:06 am »
      I got the wrong bars after two months of waiting. I started to ask for my $$ back and got an email and call from Quincy. My impression was he was quite sorry for the mix up and will send me a new set at no charge. That was Nov. 14 supposed to ship the week of the 19th. This is the email I got after the 21st.

" I was hoping to get them out this week, but the chromer said that we had an unpaid bill. I will be paying them on Friday when I drop off the handlebars. They will be going out next week for sure. I will send you the tracking nmber, then."

You got to give those boys at Performance Cruisers a big hand, for they are the best of excuses that ever was. :cheers:
      2010 & 2012 ROM WINNER

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #247 on: Nov 27, 2012, 08:03:07 am »
      I'll be taking my money elsewhere thank you.
      I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive at death safely.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #248 on: Nov 27, 2012, 08:48:43 am »

If this is what's going on with them, then I'm guessing they're about to be out of business.  I would strongly caution anyone at this point from ordering from them because if they close the doors I would guess it's going to be near impossible to get any sort of refund if they do close shop and integrity doesn't seem to be a high priority, so they probably wouldn't give it a second thought.

lucktoday

• Road Star
      « Reply #249 on: Nov 27, 2012, 01:35:13 pm »
      They always blame the chromer. This is just a new twist where they owe the chromer. I like my bars but the wait and wonder wasn't worth saving a few bucks.
      In the end you will remember not the words of your enemies but the silence of your friends.

PC-Raider

• Warrior
      « Reply #250 on: Nov 28, 2012, 12:30:00 am »
      I got my CP handlebars last spring with the Strike3 group and didn't have a glitch.  Sorry to hear the delays and problems others are having since then.  How frustrating!!!! 

One of the many benefits of this forum - learning from other's experiences - both good and bad.  Thanks to all who take the time to contribute!

Brad de Leon

• Road Star
      « Reply #251 on: Nov 28, 2012, 06:56:40 am »
      Thanks for the heads up. Now I have to start the search all over again, any ideas on what the closest thing would be to these that I can actually order?
      Really wanted lowest profile with the most pullback. 1.5" preferred but suppose I would take the 1.25" if need be.

strike 3

• Pro-Street Raider ......SMOKK'D.......
      • Warrior
      « Reply #252 on: Nov 28, 2012, 04:40:15 pm »
      Hey guys....

After dealing with Bryan Wiley for several years I have never had a complaint with them and customer service has been top notch.  But as of the last 6 to 8 months, and all the issues he's had in his personal life, its sad that its come to this.  Not only did he and I have words after the group buy was over, I thought it was best if I cut my ties and sponsorship with him (completely).  Pretty sad cause we have always been cool with one another.  I can't won't go into alot of detail with his personal issues, but he had a very flourishing business up until this point.  I would strongly recommend that folks get their bars from else where.  There is not alot of choices out there, but BR Bars would prolly be first on my list.  Since I started the group buy on here thought Id share with you guys my take on things.  Hopefully the ones on here that has bars from him gets it resolved and the ones that are looking.....look past him! 

Strike

Dec. 2011

2013 Yamaha Star Motorcycle "Calendar Bike"

Video of Bike...
      http://youtu.be/9AChRZqGwx0

Brad de Leon

• Road Star
      « Reply #253 on: Nov 28, 2012, 04:56:40 pm »
      Went with the  la choppers radius t 9" pb from phats. Are there nice polished Allen key bolts available or do I have to go with standard steel hex head bolts? Will need to get throttle cables +2" as we'll it looks like, have my hoses taken care of already. Should be able to pull the pins out of the connectors to get wires through the bars ... I hope.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #254 on: Nov 29, 2012, 09:46:11 am »
      Went with the  la choppers radius t 9" pb from phats. Are there nice polished Allen key bolts available or do I have to go with standard steel hex head bolts? Will need to get throttle cables +2" as we'll it looks like, have my hoses taken care of already. Should be able to pull the pins out of the connectors to get wires through the bars ... I hope.

I have the 6" pullback versions and really like them. You made a good choice.