Custom Raider

Author Topic: HANDLEBAR GROUP BUY FROM CRUISER PERFORMANCE....UPDATE!!  (Read 14204 times)

Brad de Leon

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: HANDLEBAR GROUP BUY FROM CRUISER PERFORMANCE....UPDATE!!
« Reply #255 on: Nov 29, 2012, 12:00:17 PM »
Thanks for the note, now the hard part begins, getting the wires thru. Dd you have to cut? I may need to extend the wires for the 9", we will see.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: Nov 29, 2012, 12:03:34 PM »
Thanks for the note, now the hard part begins, getting the wires thru. Dd you have to cut? I may need to extend the wires for the 9", we will see.

Mine was part of an insurance repair, so the dealer installed. I was told by LA Choppers that you can depin the wires, but my dealer was never able to figure it out and ended up splicing. Mine didn't require any extension since they're about the same spot as stock.   My dealer told me they fought with them quite a bit.

I think Zoom installed his. You may want to check with him.

Madcow

• Liquid lighting
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: Nov 30, 2012, 12:51:13 PM »
Yes you can de-pin the wires from the plugs however; you will probably need to extend the length. IF you do have to cut them, do so at the spot under the tank just after harness area along the frame where it is zip tied down. This will keep the splice in a secure area so you won’t develop shorts.
"Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries." - James A. Michener
May your road be smooth yet twisty.
Let your mods turn all heads and torque make you thirsty.
I hope the ride will take you to a place that makes your spirit sing.
And put a smile on your face, for the blessings this day will bring.   Madcow 11