Raider Patches

Author Topic: Christian (and/or Catholic) Motorcycle Clubs  (Read 2638 times)

basco05

• AG 05
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Christian (and/or Catholic) Motorcycle Clubs
« on: Feb 01, 2012, 10:06:59 AM »
First off, let me say that I am not here to offend anyone nor do I want to disrespect anyone by forcing anything on them that they don't want, I'm not that guy I promise.  With that said, from reading some of the other threads about fallen bikers, other member's health issues, or lost loved one, etc. I've noticed that there is a good mix of both religious and non-religious on this site.  I know that some are very strong in their opinion either way, and for that fact this thread is not intended to be a "bible thumping" session, just an information request, and possibly a place for those of us that are religious to connect with each other.  If I wanted a religious debate I would have put this in the Debate Room ;D

So now that I have the disclaimer out of the way, are any of you guys/gals members of a Christian motorcycle club/association?  Any specific to Catholics? I live in northwest Houston, and have been considering joining such an organization, or even just starting up a small group in the Spring/Tomball/Cypress area.

Peace,
Basco
There is no replacement for displacement

jim

• Raider
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Christian (and/or Catholic) Motorcycle Clubs
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2012, 10:12:33 AM »
I'm pretty sure that if you were to google search you would able to locate something in your area.. how close?? well that's something else.

http://www.meetup.com/CMA-Righteous-Riders/
« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2012, 10:14:21 AM by jim »

"I've been up early my whole life, and all that ever did was increase the amount of time during the day something could go wrong."

fatboyee

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2012, 11:14:14 AM »
Hey Basco, if you don't ride your bike to church on Sunday you should think about starting.  I started riding Sunday mornings and meeting my wife at church...bikers came out of the woodwork.  We now have a solid 3-5 bikers that routinely ride together.  This in a church of about 80.  Linger outside your parish church with your bike or carry your helmet in and you might find a ready made group.

basco05

• AG 05
  • Warrior
    • View Profile
Christian (and/or Catholic) Motorcycle Clubs
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2012, 12:22:53 PM »
Good idea fatboyee. I have riden to church before but those days I didn't really hang out after mass. Maybe I'll start doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is no replacement for displacement

mxracer546

• SEA-ROAR
  • Roadliner
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2012, 07:54:52 PM »
There is a "biker" church here in Jacksonville,FL. Kind of a long drive from Texas but, thought I would put this out there for anyone that is in the area it is right off I10.
http://highwaytoheavenchurch.com

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2012, 08:33:01 PM »
Here's what my son and I wore the first time we rode to church at the Ft. Walton Beach Christian Center. They welcomed us with open arms and hearts. We stayed as members till we moved to Orlando 2 years later. Only good memories from there too.
I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

distantThunder

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2012, 10:12:44 PM »
I sometimes wear my biker leathers to church.
I'm just testin' them ... wanna see if they can "love the unloveable"   ;-)
Hahahahahahahaha   !!!

You could check out Bikers for Christ.
But I haven't ridden with them.

I know there used to be a cool Christian biker group in Phoenix.
They were called "Church in the Wind".
Same thing - I never rode with them.
But had a buddy who did.
Don't know whatever happened to them.

cheers & blessings,
dT

Wavz

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2012, 10:20:30 PM »
Here's what my son and I wore the first time we rode to church at the Ft. Walton Beach Christian Center. They welcomed us with open arms and hearts. We stayed as members till we moved to Orlando 2 years later. Only good memories from there too.

Love that pic!!!

chopperdude

• V Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Dec 10, 2012, 06:51:48 PM »
If you are interested in starting a club in your area,, you can contact me. We are Crucified Christian Motorcycle Club and would love to open a chapter in Texas.  contact us at CrucifiedCMC@gmail.com  Actually, this is open to anyone looking to start a Christian Club. There are procedures to go through, but it isn't that hardansd as we are already an established club, it makes it easier.

mddrummer911

• 2014 ROM Winner
  • Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Dec 10, 2012, 08:47:24 PM »
I'm VP of a Christian club in north east Arkansas.  We are non denominational.  We are starting a biker church also, hope to have it going by spring.  Check out our website.
www.ironridersofchrist.org
Life is ten percent what happens to you, and ninety percent how you respond to it. - Lou Holtz

PhysicsDude55

• You see a motorcycle. I see a blank canvas.
  • Roadliner
    • View Profile
    • My website of things I own and have created.
« Reply #10 on: Dec 23, 2012, 10:39:56 PM »
I live in Dallas.  I road to a restaraunt the other day and a guy talked to me for like 10 minutes about how much he loved the Raider and was trying to convince me to come to a Christian bike club in the area.  He said it was really big, like 100+ members showing up to meets.  For the life of me I don't remember what it was called.  I'm pretty sure there are lots of large Christian bike clubs, especially in Texas.
260 Rear Tire, Freedom Curves exhaust, DIY BAK, DIY integrated turn signals, DIY sidemount plate.  More to come.

THUNDER

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Dec 24, 2012, 02:55:31 AM »
basco05, I have a very good friend that rides with The Circuit Riders, They are a M/C, That is Christian Based.....Lots of good guys... If instered pm me and I will get you in contact.....
THUNDER
You can watch stuff happen
You can make stuff happen
Or you can say what the hell happened....Quote from ..Capt. Phil...R.I.P.
PATRIOT GUARD RIDER

[img]http://www.roadstarraider.