Raider parts and accessories

Author Topic: Saddlebags, hard or soft, best fits, best price.  (Read 11003 times)

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Saddlebags, hard or soft, best fits, best price.
« Reply #90 on: Nov 27, 2012, 03:40:24 PM »
Those look sharp too . I Seen a batwing too that can be took off ;D

Yep. Memphis Shades QR Batwing. If you want some ideas of how the Tsukayu Strong bags look with the Easy Brackets check out Atreyou's pics. http://www.roadstarraider.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=myimages;u=4181

The Coner's with permanent bracket mounts look real nice on Dan's Raider too.
Is their a way to search just silver raiders here with those bags ?
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Nov 27, 2012, 04:24:12 PM »

Yep. Memphis Shades QR Batwing. If you want some ideas of how the Tsukayu Strong bags look with the Easy Brackets check out Atreyou's pics. http://www.roadstarraider.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=myimages;u=4181

Is their a way to search just silver raiders here with those bags ?

Just the old fashioned way. Unless people have put tags on their pics that say "silver" and "hard bags" or something like that. The only Silver one I know of with hard bags is RangerRick. He's got the Hardstreet Slimbags. Don't know of anyone with the Tsukayu on a silver, though.

Thanks!!!

You're welcome. Just talkin' truth.  :cheers:
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Dec 07, 2012, 04:51:24 PM »
So I ended up buying these Mutazu hard saddlebags for my wife's Stryker as an extra Christmas present.  Riding her Stryker around without bags is driving me nuts. I didn't want to spend a ton of money on them since she tends to take them off and my plan is to mount them with her EZ-Brackets.

I talked to a rep on the phone and she said I should receive them in 5-7 days. I assume that means business days, so I should get them in time for Christmas.  I just hope I'm home to intercept them before she finds them.

Deyv

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Dec 07, 2012, 05:10:03 PM »
Those are the ones similar to yours? but about 1/4 the cost..? I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts one them...

Deyv
Non Clementia!
Non Captivus!

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Dec 07, 2012, 05:19:30 PM »
So I ended up buying these Mutazu hard saddlebags for my wife's Stryker as an extra Christmas present.  Riding her Stryker around without bags is driving me nuts. I didn't want to spend a ton of money on them since she tends to take them off and my plan is to mount them with her EZ-Brackets.

I talked to a rep on the phone and she said I should receive them in 5-7 days. I assume that means business days, so I should get them in time for Christmas.  I just hope I'm home to intercept them before she finds them.
Let me know what you think of the quality of them. If their decent im gonna get them in silver instead of payin that high price for corners and then have to have them painted on top of that.

spreston

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Dec 07, 2012, 06:30:57 PM »
I have the MU's, of course I have modified them with 6" fiberglass extensions, custom paint, changed out the lighting and they way they mount to my QR there is a solid plate beefing them up, but after all when I bought them my intention was to mod them that is why I didn't shell out big bucks for the more expensive bags. I've had them for over 3 years and they have held up fine, I have no problems with them with the exception the door hardware did rattle a little so I added weatherstrip around the doors to silence and tighten this up and it did the trick.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Dec 07, 2012, 11:20:58 PM »
I have the MU's, of course I have modified them with 6" fiberglass extensions, custom paint, changed out the lighting and they way they mount to my QR there is a solid plate beefing them up, but after all when I bought them my intention was to mod them that is why I didn't shell out big bucks for the more expensive bags. I've had them for over 3 years and they have held up fine, I have no problems with them with the exception the door hardware did rattle a little so I added weatherstrip around the doors to silence and tighten this up and it did the trick.

Do yours have plastic hinges? That was the one thing that worried me, but I figured worse case I just swap them out for metal ones.  Not sure what the plan will be for the lighting yet. I'm guessing we'll also need to line the insides. 

It makes me feel better about my purchase to know you've had them for a number of years.  At least I know they wont fall apart in a few months.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Dec 07, 2012, 11:21:43 PM »
Those are the ones similar to yours? but about 1/4 the cost..? I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts one them...

She really liked them and I thought the matte black would look pretty good on her Stryker being pretty blacked out.

spreston

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Dec 08, 2012, 07:32:35 AM »
No, the hinges are metal. That is what would rattle every once in a while when I was on a rough road. The hinges aren't like normal door hinges, but more like a double action hinge. I guess this allows the door to swing out a little, since the doors on the MU's open down. There was some weatherstrip, but a little more around the door made the door snug when it shut and stopped the rattling.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: Dec 08, 2012, 11:58:38 AM »
No, the hinges are metal. That is what would rattle every once in a while when I was on a rough road. The hinges aren't like normal door hinges, but more like a double action hinge. I guess this allows the door to swing out a little, since the doors on the MU's open down. There was some weatherstrip, but a little more around the door made the door snug when it shut and stopped the rattling.

Oh!  The ones I ordered have plastic hinges.  Maybe this was to reduce rattling. Just have to see how they go.

Jozef393

• V Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Dec 08, 2012, 04:07:17 PM »
Hi All, I have two years the Mutazu Black GA Hard Saddlebags and Vivid Black DMY Trunk, still ok...

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Dec 08, 2012, 06:56:16 PM »
Are they water proof or do you have to put a bag or something over them to keep the water out. And isnt their quick release brackets called ez brackets.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Dec 08, 2012, 06:57:55 PM »
Are they water proof or do you have to put a bag or something over them to keep the water out. And isnt their quick release brackets called ez brackets.

Yes, there are Easy Brackets for the Raider, but they will not work with the original QR backrest.

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Dec 08, 2012, 06:59:39 PM »

Yes, there are Easy Brackets for the Raider, but they will not work with the original QR backrest.
What about the cobra backrest

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Dec 08, 2012, 07:42:35 PM »

What about the cobra backrest

As long as your fender bolts are exposed to attach the EZ Brackets to, you should be just fine.  The original QR backrest overlapped the fender bolts, so nothing else could access them.