Raider parts and accessories

Author Topic: Saddlebags, hard or soft, best fits, best price.  (Read 11396 times)

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Saddlebags, hard or soft, best fits, best price.
« Reply #135 on: Dec 11, 2012, 11:29:53 AM »
I think T may be confussed, I have Edge Brackets, they are adjustable, I have never seen the Easy Brackets so I am unsure if they are adjustable or not.  However I can not find anywhere on the Easy Bracket web site that states they are adjustable or not.

Ahhh... yes!!

A thousand pardons... 

After looking at the edge brackets... those are indeed the one I have.  They were ordered by Tejas so, I guess I was confused.

Sorry.....

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: Dec 11, 2012, 11:31:08 AM »
I think T may be confussed, I have Edge Brackets, they are adjustable, I have never seen the Easy Brackets so I am unsure if they are adjustable or not.  However I can not find anywhere on the Easy Bracket web site that states they are adjustable or not.

Ahhh... yes!!

A thousand pardons... 

After looking at the edge brackets... those are indeed the one I have.  They were ordered by Tejas so, I guess I was confused.

Sorry.....

Thanks for clearing that up, T and Bill. I'll sleep better tonight.  ;D
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: Dec 11, 2012, 11:32:34 AM »
Yes. Easy Brackets.   I think T and Bill both posted links for it.

I just type "EZ" sometimes because it's EZer, but this time I think it just made things more difficult.

Kind of like you would never search for "SAC".
Yeah . They did. Thats what i kept pullin up ;D   Had me confused.
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: Dec 11, 2012, 11:46:07 AM »

Ahhh... yes!!

A thousand pardons... 

Sorry.....

Whew!  I thought I was losing it.  I didn't think Easy (not EZ) Brackets had adjustable brackets.

I know nothing about Edge Brackets. How are they in comparison?

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: Dec 11, 2012, 11:53:02 AM »

Ahhh... yes!!

A thousand pardons... 

Sorry.....

Whew!  I thought I was losing it.  I didn't think Easy (not EZ) Brackets had adjustable brackets.

Good question...
I have the Edge Bracket so... that's all I can speak to.
As I said... they're adjustable.  And strong.  I've had no issues with them.

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

MYRDR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: Dec 11, 2012, 12:04:29 PM »

Ahhh... yes!!

A thousand pardons... 

Sorry.....

I love them, they come on and off I am sure just as easy as the easy brackets.  They are adjustable front to rear so you can get any placement you want or need.  The easy brackets are thinner 12 gauge vs 10 gauge for the Edge.  Easy Bracket says "Also the question has been asked why they use 10 gauge materials in lieu of 12 gauge material. Possibly due to the lack of structural integrity of their bracket!"  There is no lack of structual integrity in the Edge Brackets, they are solid as a rock when they are on the bike so I have no idea what they are referring to there.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: Dec 11, 2012, 12:33:27 PM »
I guess "comparison" was the wrong word to use.  I should've just said give your opinion, which you guys did. Thanks!

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: Dec 13, 2012, 12:06:10 PM »
I received the Mutazu Matte Black FY Hard Saddlebags for my wife's Stryker yesterday.  I only took one out to compare and they're much smaller than expected, but I think they'll look good and allow her to carry the few things she needs to. 

They definitely have a plastic feel to them and I think the lid is going to rattle, but we can always add some padding and line them and anything else. 

I have to say Mutazu seems like a good company.  I've talked to a person over the phone and through email (could be the same person) and each time was trreated very pleasantly and was given all of the information I asked.  I ordered the bags on Friday and received them on Wednesday night, so they're not screwing around.  They were packed extremely well too.   

Now I just have to hope my wife likes them.  The matte black looks god against her Stryker.  I thought it would.

MYRDR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: Dec 13, 2012, 12:31:24 PM »
I received the Mutazu Matte Black FY Hard Saddlebags for my wife's Stryker yesterday.  I only took one out to compare and they're much smaller than expected, but I think they'll look good and allow her to carry the few things she needs to. 

They definitely have a plastic feel to them and I think the lid is going to rattle, but we can always add some padding and line them and anything else. 

I have to say Mutazu seems like a good company.  I've talked to a person over the phone and through email (could be the same person) and each time was trreated very pleasantly and was given all of the information I asked.  I ordered the bags on Friday and received them on Wednesday night, so they're not screwing around.  They were packed extremely well too.   

Now I just have to hope my wife likes them.  The matte black looks god against her Stryker.  I thought it would.

Good to hear Dan, post up some pics after you get them mounted.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: Dec 13, 2012, 02:49:39 PM »

Good to hear Dan, post up some pics after you get them mounted.

Will do after Santa comes.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: Dec 13, 2012, 03:03:07 PM »
I let Gina at Mutazu know that I appreciated the service and she sent this response...

Thank you for your feedback we truly appreciate it! Just remember as our products are after market, we at times will have issues or problems with shipments that reach our customers. Please allow us to help if needed if at any time you are not satisfied with your purchase. You may also mention we have some of our most popular items on youtube under a mutazu search.

Best regards,

Gina

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: Dec 13, 2012, 03:59:09 PM »
Seems like a good company to buy from. Feel like theyd last a good bit ?
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.