Author Topic: LA choppers 9" pullback handlebars with stock cables worked for me  (Read 7316 times)

bldhndzgng

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: LA choppers 9" pullback handlebars with stock cables worked for me
« Reply #15 on: Mar 14, 2012, 11:18:52 AM »
I had no issue with thread engagement, in fact I though there was more than plenty.  I re-used the washers.  The bolts supplied from LA Choppers are standard and not special and would be available in different lengths from a local hardware store I'm sure.  Hopefully this helps.

Poppa Don

• V Star
« Reply #16 on: Jun 26, 2012, 01:02:09 PM »
Since riding season is in full bloom, I was wondering the comfort level of these handle bar compared to the stock handle bars. I really like the feel and comfort of the stock bars, but I'm less than thrilled with the funky star risers. I really love the clean look of the LA Chopper t-bar, but not wanting to loss the comfort and handling of the stock bars. So, with several miles under your belt in good riding conditions, what's the latest verdict on the handle bar change?

bldhndzgng

• Road Star
« Reply #17 on: Oct 02, 2012, 07:11:24 PM »
The new bars are much more comfortable and they look absolutely amazing, they are by far the most dramatic visual change to the bike.  I recommend these bars to everyone who has a raider.

flstfidevoe

• Road Star
« Reply #18 on: Nov 13, 2012, 06:57:54 PM »
looks great man think this is gonna be my next mod after the intake

brainsalad

• Raider
  • Road Star
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #19 on: Nov 13, 2012, 07:36:37 PM »
Looks good.  I love mine, it's a much cleaner look.  If you use conduit cable lube on the sleeve, they slide right in.  Also, elongate the holes in the bars.  You don't see the holes anyway and it makes it much easier to thread. 

blacks are interchangeable.

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
« Reply #20 on: Nov 13, 2012, 09:26:49 PM »
Dear Santa ;D :dreaming: :dreaming:
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

bldhndzgng

• Road Star
« Reply #21 on: Nov 14, 2012, 11:34:36 AM »
Looks good.  I love mine, it's a much cleaner look.  If you use conduit cable lube on the sleeve, they slide right in.  Also, elongate the holes in the bars.  You don't see the holes anyway and it makes it much easier to thread. 

blacks are interchangeable.

To anyone planning this mod:  LISTEN TO THIS MANS ADVICE!!  Also, if you open up the holes, be sure to debur, the last thing you want is your wires getting nicked and shorting something out.

QuietMan

• V Star
« Reply #22 on: Jan 20, 2013, 06:36:57 PM »
Working on installing a set LA choppers 9" bars and after using up almost all of my patience on getting the wiring through them and mounted onto the bike I realized that there are no threads for the stock bar ends. I have tried to search the site to see what others have done about it but have found no mention of this issue. Probably because most switch out the grips too.

I am guessing that the custom grips that people use are solid on the end and therefore do not need the bar ends.

Is that assumption correct?

bldhndzgng

• Road Star
« Reply #23 on: Jan 20, 2013, 07:02:03 PM »
Working on installing a set LA choppers 9" bars and after using up almost all of my patience on getting the wiring through them and mounted onto the bike I realized that there are no threads for the stock bar ends. I have tried to search the site to see what others have done about it but have found no mention of this issue. Probably because most switch out the grips too.

I am guessing that the custom grips that people use are solid on the end and therefore do not need the bar ends.

Is that assumption correct?

Yes, at least in my case my new grips had solid ends. I'm not a fan of the stock grips, way too plain Imo.

AirForceRider

• 2013 ROM Winner
  • Road Star
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #24 on: Jan 27, 2013, 09:24:31 AM »
Bldhnd, you said the only issue you had was the clutch line.  Nothing else gets tight?  All of my clutch and brake lines get real tight in both directions.  Guess I'm going to have to make a trip to the garage and try to reroute them.  I think they are all going through those Chrome guides by the headlight.  Of course, I'm finding this out after buying stock length stainless lines!! :flame:

Bearster18

• Road Star
« Reply #25 on: Jan 29, 2013, 08:09:33 AM »
definitely my next upgrade to the bike. I was only hesitant to do them cause adding the new lines end sent me way over what I could spend. So seeing as how you can use stock lines, SIGN ME UP!!!
09 Raider,cobra swept exhaust,PC3, BARON BAK, LED rear tail, floor boards, lowered rear, la chopper 9" bars w/ avon air grips

bldhndzgng

• Road Star
« Reply #26 on: Jan 31, 2013, 06:35:58 PM »
Bldhnd, you said the only issue you had was the clutch line.  Nothing else gets tight?  All of my clutch and brake lines get real tight in both directions.  Guess I'm going to have to make a trip to the garage and try to reroute them.  I think they are all going through those Chrome guides by the headlight.  Of course, I'm finding this out after buying stock length stainless lines!! :flame:

All of my cables were pretty much at their limit.  I imagine each bike has a slightly different length, and mine just makes it.  I was able to get enough slack without disconnecting the brake or clutch lines.

Ghost44

• Road Star
LA choppers 9" pullback handlebars with stock cables worked for me
« Reply #27 on: Feb 12, 2013, 08:23:16 AM »
Instead of starting a new thread I'll just hijack this one. Do your arms get any higher with the new bars?  I'm still contemplating mini apes vs these.

Frank72086

• V Star
« Reply #28 on: Feb 20, 2013, 09:48:34 PM »
Sorry for the dumb question, how's the placement/pulłback on these bars compared to stock?

bldhndzgng

• Road Star
« Reply #29 on: Feb 22, 2013, 09:40:03 PM »
The ones I got have a +2" pullback and from what I can tell no drop or raise in rise.  They are noticeably more comfortable.  They do however have an overall diameter of 1 1/2" instead of the 1" stock diameter which is much more obvious and better looking than I thought it would be.  The controls neck down to 1" to accept the stock switchgear.