Author Topic: Star Raider Demo Rides  (Read 3323 times)

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
Re: Star Raider Demo Rides
« Reply #15 on: Apr 09, 2012, 04:35:36 pm »
Are there ever any demo rides in the Houston Tx area?

Forgive me, I don't know TX well, but isn't Tejas close to Houston?  Don't they do demos?  I know there's a sharp looking black one with green outlined flames that should be available for anyone wanting to test one out.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    « Reply #16 on: Apr 09, 2012, 04:36:11 pm »
    Basco beat me to it.

arrowdriver

• Roadliner
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #17 on: Apr 09, 2012, 04:36:30 pm »
    I don't see any official demo days in Houston area.

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/demo.aspx

• Advertisement

CYCLONE2

• V Star
      « Reply #18 on: Apr 09, 2012, 04:49:51 pm »
      I called Star today to get the jist of how things will go.  As "gostr8r" said, go there, sign up, bring your riding gear, and have your license w/motorcycle endorsement.  I was told that at this event, Star brings the bikes and they are not to be sold, just demoed.  I guess there are other events where a local dealer brings the bikes and those could be sold before you'd get the chance to ride one.  I'll probably sign up to ride a few other models.  Should be a fun day!

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 6
      « Reply #19 on: Apr 09, 2012, 06:46:22 pm »
      You guys might not believe this but the group of demo bikes that travel from event to event getting ridden and used at the Demo ride runs are either picked up by the dealers for a fair price, to sell as used bikes or...... CRUSHED!   :yikes: :cus: :witsend: :crying: Yes crushed! Sad but true.
      I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #20 on: Apr 10, 2012, 10:51:19 am »
      You guys might not believe this but the group of demo bikes that travel from event to event getting ridden and used at the Demo ride runs are either picked up by the dealers for a fair price, to sell as used bikes or...... CRUSHED!   :yikes: :cus: :witsend: :crying: Yes crushed! Sad but true.

WTF!!!

Why would they crush them?  At worst, donate them to someone less fortunate.

This really blows my mind because they had a Limited Edition Raider being used as a demo bike at AZ Bike Week.  This really tells me they're not selling well.

Personally I would never purchase a demo bike.  I wouldn't even purchase a bike of the showroom floor that everyone in the world has been sitting on and possibly scuffing up.  I had mine removed from the crate the night before I purchased it.

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #21 on: Apr 10, 2012, 11:34:06 am »

WTF!!!

Why would they crush them?  At worst, donate them to someone less fortunate.

This really blows my mind because they had a Limited Edition Raider being used as a demo bike at AZ Bike Week.  This really tells me they're not selling well.

Personally I would never purchase a demo bike.  I wouldn't even purchase a bike of the showroom floor that everyone in the world has been sitting on and possibly scuffing up.  I had mine removed from the crate the night before I purchased it.

Ummm...Speechless

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 6
      « Reply #22 on: Apr 10, 2012, 11:47:29 am »
      They can be sold but not all are. My close friend and a local fellow Star rider, Mr. T aka Robert Tucker, recently got a full set of new white tins for his older Venture which currently has close to 300k miles on it. So his old Silver bagger was suddenly a Pearl White and beautiful looking bike, thanks to the stuff from a bike going to the crusher.
      I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #23 on: Apr 10, 2012, 12:31:14 pm »
      That's a job I could not do.  Tears would be pouring out of my eyes if I had to sit and destroy working bikes all day. Regardless of who made them.

RangerRick

• Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #24 on: Apr 10, 2012, 06:55:28 pm »
      That's a job I could not do.  Tears would be pouring out of my eyes if I had to sit and destroy working bikes all day. Regardless of who made them.

Even.... :tumble: :tumble: :P
      2013 Can-Am Spyder ST-SE5
      ANG Member 25 years
      Retired Aug. 1, 2010

Rick Busbea

• I call her Ruby....
      • AZ Group
      • Warrior
      • Referrals: 3
      « Reply #25 on: Apr 10, 2012, 07:48:34 pm »
      Cyclone2:  Riding the Raider, you will NOT be disappointed with the torque and performance no matter what you've ridden before.  It'll definitely change your mind about a V-twin and no comparison with any other cruiser you may have straddled.

Like Ares X, I bought the Raider without test riding and have NEVER regretted it.

babs

• Road Star
      « Reply #26 on: Apr 13, 2012, 05:53:46 pm »
      Test riding the Raider is why I still surf this forum even while working on finding the next W-2 form. The raider IS my next bike period.  Quality Engineer/Manager for hire. LOL.. Gotta get that raider!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
      Bikes so far.. 90 Heritage Classic, 04 Fatboy.. Third.. ?? Raider probably.

I'm of the mindset if it has two wheels, two big cylinders and one pin in the crank, it's fun regardless of badging, as long as it's running and not on a lift at the shop.