Raider Patches

Author Topic: Oem raider back rest  (Read 1636 times)

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Oem raider back rest
« Reply #15 on: Sep 28, 2012, 04:39:20 PM »
That's cool, what size suction cups and where is a good place to buy them.

I actually found four of these at home from something I acquired them from and then needed two more that I picked up from Ace for about $1.50 each. The had some little hooks wrapped around the bobby part that will get inserted in the seat.  You could also check items for the shower like shelves and hooks. A lot of the come with the suction cups.

I actually acquired 4 more of them, but the cups themselves are huge and probably too big for the seat because they'd hang out underneath to where you could see them. They were from a shower shelf I picked up at Walmart.

zakattak

• To win raider of the year.....
  • DE, MD, Northern VA and South Eastern PA Riders
  • Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sep 29, 2012, 06:50:49 PM »
Found some suction cups at a local craft store...after going to lowes and walmart and them not having any....and my mod is done! looks great and functions VERY well!

sig-1975

• Luv my 09 Raider S
  • V Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Oct 29, 2012, 11:15:17 AM »
Might be a little late to the party but I'm brand new to the site.  Go to Starmotorcycles.com and look under the Stryker for the new quick release backrest.  It will fit the Raider I've been told by a Yamaha dealer.  Haven't tried it so not sure if he's right.
Just when you think your winning the rat race along come faster rats!!!!  :)

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Oct 29, 2012, 11:23:20 AM »
I have a couple different sizes on mine. Some are a little over an inch and some are about an inch and a half. I found some at Ace.  You can also check places like Walmart in the bath accessory section.  I have a bunch from some shelves that I bought there, but unfortunately theyr'e about 2 1/2" wide and they'd stick out from under the seat. Otherwise I'd just send them to you guys.

NJ-Jeff

• V Star
    • View Profile
OEM Raider quick release back rest
« Reply #19 on: Nov 12, 2012, 08:14:21 PM »
I just installed the Yamaha Raider Quick Detach Backrest (Short Style) on my bike tonight.  I like the solo look of my bike,  but when the wife or pretty soon my grand daughter want to go, the suction cup seat along with the quick release backrest is a great set up for that last minute setup change.  I did not know it when i ordered it, but it has a key lock so the quick release cant be removed while locked.  (locks only keep honest people out).
I have a 240 rear tire, and the bolts that came with it go thru a bit to much for my liking, so I cut about 1/8 inch off each bolt so they are flush on inside of fender when tightened.

The set up cost me just under $400 from honda east in toledo...that was with free shipping.
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2012, 09:58:51 PM by NJ-Jeff »