Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: chrome wheels  (Read 3080 times)

RaiderScooby

• 2011 Raider S
  • Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: chrome wheels
« Reply #15 on: Nov 12, 2012, 08:50:48 PM »
I had PE do my Stryker rims and I wasn't that impressed.  Not sure anyone else could do better.  Just my experience.  They're to expensive too if you ask me.  Check ebay.  There are at least three different people selling them. 
It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

bigjohn

« Reply #16 on: Nov 12, 2012, 09:08:54 PM »
chrome on aluminum?  ok if you don't ride in the rain. go for the best warrenty. one little bubble and it's all over. paid to see that movie. used to go to the shore when we were kids and get sunburned, in a week we were peelin' that top layer off just like the chrome that chrome components did on my wheels. very thin and easy to peel..peeling paint, peeling taters, and peeling wheels. lot's o fun.

budaman

• Raider
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Nov 12, 2012, 11:23:45 PM »
Figured I would ask.....Who is everybody using for chroming stock wheels... Seems like I found a company that does an exchange program of wheels, rotors, whatever...
Im having this place do mine...it's a swap thing... http://www.performanceedge.us/home.html the fella that runs it...might even be the owner for all I know....is a member of the site here I do believe.
I did have mine done...pics in profile if your interested...rims, pully, hubs, chrome side mount plate holder, chrome rotor cover...all done in a Saturday Morning while I went to the pro football hall of fame....1,950.00$
But was that price including making the rear wheel 8.5" wide from the 7.5" stock wheel
2010 & 2012 ROM WINNER

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Nov 13, 2012, 09:31:55 AM »
I also agree. Who ever does PE's chrome does damn good work but Matt can be a pita to deal with if something goes wrong.

Please elaborate.

Chance13

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Nov 13, 2012, 10:34:35 AM »
budaman seems very satisfied, so I guess he has no peeling...

Put it in the wind, everyday is a good day to ride, if you have a
 RAIDER!!!!!

highwayman

• SEA-ROAR
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Nov 14, 2012, 05:03:19 PM »
Figured I would ask.....Who is everybody using for chroming stock wheels... Seems like I found a company that does an exchange program of wheels, rotors, whatever...
Im having this place do mine...it's a swap thing... http://www.performanceedge.us/home.html the fella that runs it...might even be the owner for all I know....is a member of the site here I do believe.
I did have mine done...pics in profile if your interested...rims, pully, hubs, chrome side mount plate holder, chrome rotor cover...all done in a Saturday Morning while I went to the pro football hall of fame....1,950.00$
But was that price including making the rear wheel 8.5" wide from the 7.5" stock wheel
No, but that did include that side mount chrome plate 150.00 and the chrome rotor cover..90.00 both installed.

highwayman

• SEA-ROAR
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Nov 14, 2012, 05:04:09 PM »
budaman seems very satisfied, so I guess he has no peeling...
Top notch quality on the rims as far as Im concerened.

08pwraider

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Nov 14, 2012, 05:29:20 PM »
I also agree. Who ever does PE's chrome does damn good work but Matt can be a pita to deal with if something goes wrong.

Please elaborate.
I was sent warped rotors but did not realize it until I rode the bike. He would not pay for labor or my shipping and would not take blame until they were back in his possession and he had to put them on one of his bikes to try them out before he would send me a new set. My bike was down for quite a while just waitng for him to put them on one of his bikes. Luckily my bike was in the shop for others mods at the same time. And I'm also one of the unlucky customers whose rear wheel weld is pretty obvious. But on a good note the chrome still looks wet after 2 riding seasons.
GO BIG OR GO HOME

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Nov 14, 2012, 05:46:15 PM »
I used Chip Simmonís Cycle Image and am very pleased with the price and quality too.
I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

Fj_Ohio

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Nov 14, 2012, 05:56:13 PM »

Please elaborate.
Hi Ares. You can go back in time with the big problems Veper had. To this day I never did hear how it turned out but it was serious. If you missed it I'm sure T can bring you up to speed.
There were also other troubles. Right before Ace turned over the site another member had an issue with grips and availability and a pissing match with Matt. This in turn resulted with PE's sponsor logo being removed from the home page. And recently we had a bearing issue with a current member and I will not mention his name, but that got hairy for a while. He can re mention it if he wants. And  08pwraider is not the first to have issues with rotors and getting fair compensation.
FJ

RadioRaider

• V Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Nov 15, 2012, 12:19:01 AM »
Ok, so should I just buy the chrome wheels from yamaha? I met the people that make them for yamaha when I went to street vibrations in Reno this year. They said that I could NOT get them directly from them, I had to go through yamaha. Verrrry expensive but I want the look.
If they won't look for you, MAKE, them hear you.

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Nov 15, 2012, 08:52:38 AM »
Ok, so should I just buy the chrome wheels from yamaha? I met the people that make them for yamaha when I went to street vibrations in Reno this year. They said that I could NOT get them directly from them, I had to go through yamaha. Verrrry expensive but I want the look.

If you're going to drop some coin on wheels.... have you looked at RC Component? 
http://www.rccomponents.com/wheelselector/raider.htm

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

budaman

• Raider
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Nov 15, 2012, 09:02:49 AM »
I had PE do my Stryker rims and I wasn't that impressed.  Not sure anyone else could do better.  Just my experience.  They're to expensive too if you ask me.  Check ebay.  There are at least three different people selling them.
I bet you they are the ones making them for Yamaha
2010 & 2012 ROM WINNER

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Nov 15, 2012, 09:29:36 AM »

If you're going to drop some coin on wheels.... have you looked at RC Component? 
http://www.rccomponents.com/wheelselector/raider.htm

Agreed!!!  I could be off, but from what I've calculated the RC wheels will run me about $4000 after all is said and done.  They are goegeous though.

This is one of the cases where I agree with Bill wrapping it into the whole loan thing right up front.  If I eve buy a new Raider and the finance company will allow it, I'm getting the RC wheels.

I just love the Eclipse Savage.

109rfan

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Nov 15, 2012, 10:26:51 AM »
I'd second Simmons I havnt used chip for chrome but have done business with him and a lot of my buddies used him for 9 wheels peg brackets and controls.  His work always looked better than anyone else's
big radius 2 into 2 cobra gen 2 power pro ness mirrors kury control covers with chrome levers kury belt gard jpd bomber chrome engine kit joe florida leds kury chome plate kit  danny gray big seats  yamaha quick detachable short backrest